Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Samhain Pumpkin Ale - DESTIHL Brewery

Illinois, United States

Pumpkin Ale |  6.77% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: Vixie on 10-18-2008

Our seasonal Pumpkin Beer is made by using over 200 pounds of pumpkins which are first roasted and caramelized in our brick oven and then added directly to the mash, providing obvious yet harmonious pumpkin qualities which are not overpowered by hop character. The beer is copper to dark orange in color. Cinnamon, coriander, allspice, nutmeg and juniper. Alcohol by Weight (Volume): 5.29% (6.77%) Bitterness (IBU): 29 Color SRM (EBC): 13 (26)
3.44/5  rDev n/a

Served in a 6 ounce sampler glass.Was a nice golden color with a solid head, quite a bit of carbonation.

Smell wasn't much at all, couldn't really detect anything of note.

This actually tasted better than I expected. I am not a fan of the taste of pumpkin, but it added a nice sweetness to this beer. I found it to be on the hoppy side, I think the pumpkin added some nice sweetness and spice to it.

Mouthfeel was solid, the carbonation helped make this beer's presence known.

This one is a good one for fans of hops. Was a nice change of pace, I ended up enjoying this one more than I expected to. (610 characters)

Samhain Pumpkin Ale from DESTIHL Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.