Nova Schin Malzbier - Brasil Kirin

Brazil

Schwarzbier |  ABV ?

Beer added by: soper2000 on 03-01-2005

1.5/5  rDev n/a

Metallic aroma; the flavor is almost equal to New Schin common, but with a caramel together. The Crystal is better, has more "face" Malzbier.

2.09/5  rDev n/a

Made a good head that dissipated quickly with a light brown color. Beer of dark mahogany color.
It has a sweet caramel aroma and a low-medium carbonation. Overly sweet taste, predominantly caramel. A little dry aftertaste. It is more a dessert then a traditional beer, though in the Brazilian Malzbier style.

1.51/5  rDev n/a

I was excited after my girlfriend brought back some beers from Brazil for me to try, until I tasted the Nova Schin.

Upon poring into the glass, I received only a faint smell of hops and noticed the light brown head soon disappear. The first taste was a shock and reminded me of a rootbeer candy. After a few more sips I identified the taste as being a flat rum and coke. There was nothing that reminded me of beer and I'm still not convinced it is.

This was honestly the worst beer I have ever had

Nova Schin Malzbier from Brasil Kirin
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.