Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews
4.1

Réservoir
Quebec, Canada | website

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

A very hoppy American pale ale brewed with HBC342 (experimental range) and dry hopped with Cascade hops.

Added by 4ster on 06-21-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
4.1/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Had on tap June 20th, recently re-released.

Lighter in colour than their IPA, a nice clear, golden colour, good thick, off white head, decent lacing. Smelled very fresh, very aromatic, floral, citrus tropical melon. Reservoir tends to brew on the lighter side of the ABV (I didn't write it down because I thought this already would have been added... but it was under 6%...) That said, the beer wasn't that malt forward with a slight sweetness and true to it's name really played up the hops, finishing with moderate bitterness but also some nice citrus undertones. Body was light-medium, not too dry and refreshing.

I'm not typically a big pale ale fan, though I can quite enjoy some APA variations and I did enjoy this one. It has nice balanced flavours, not quite as bitter as their regular IPA and an overall good summer session beer. Worth trying if it's on tap.

Mr. Houblon from Réservoir
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.