Delaney's Restaurant & Tap Room
Taps: 56 / Bottles: 165
Cask: Y / Beer-to-Go: N
Ratings: 68 | Reviews: 61 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by mltobin:
4.13/5 rDev +1%
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 4 | selection: 4.5 | food: 4 | $$
Delaney`s is in New Haven, but slightly out of the downtown area.
With outdoor seating, bar seating, and restaurant seating, there are options to please different personalities. I opted for the outdoor seating (might as well make the most of the last couple weeks of summer).
They have 16 or so draughts and a large bottle list. I was impressed with the bottle list and had one of their belgians that is imported by the Shelton Brothers.
I also had wings which were very good, the menus is american pub fare, sandwiches, burgers, etc. A very good beer bar.
09-14-2008 22:24:00 | More by mltobin
More User Reviews:
3.66/5 rDev -10.5%
vibe: 3 | quality: 3.75 | service: 4 | selection: 3.75 | food: 3 | $$
Arrived in NH late night on a Tuesday, stopped in for a few beers & a snack.
Bit of a divey, worn feel to this place. Could use an overhaul. Smelled like stale beer, smoke & urinals...which yeah I'm used to in a bar, but this place was too much.
Female bartender was a bit stand-offish at first, but after a bit warmed up & was pleasant when she realized I knew way around a beer list.
Had the hyped Gandhi Bot for the 1st time in over 5 years, was told they have it on tap regularly. Maybe this was a top-notch DIPA 8 yrs ago, but it isn't now.
As a whole, nice selection...but too much attention to the ABI beers in prominent lit taps on the bar.
Had a few Ithaca Flower Powers that were poured fairly, tasted fresh & priced reasonably.
Had some fried mozz that was serviceable but forgettable.
Glad I visited, but frankly I'd prioritize a visit to Prime 16 on my next visit to NH. Though if I could get the same pleasant bartender again I'd come back.
09-28-2013 00:35:34 | More by SunDevilBeer
4.05/5 rDev -1%
vibe: 4 | quality: 3.75 | service: 4 | selection: 4.5 | food: 4 | $$
If you are looking for good food, beer and value, this is your place. One visit and you will leave wanting to make this your regular haunt.
This is what to expect with Delaney's:
- Beer, and lots of it. I believe they have 50+ taps plus a well stocked cellar of bottled beer.
- Staff that is knowledgeable about the beers they are serving. Even if you don't like beer, they can find one for you.
- 3 different areas to relax in. Main restaurant, Upper dining area (tavern), and tap room
- Great, casual dining food. Delaney's offers a solid menu that is well prepared. Note: The fancier "specials" are hit or miss.
- If beer is not for you, they also have a sizable wine selection.
- If you come during busy times, service can be slow. The staff is very friendly and are often bombarded with numerous questions which seems to slow things down. Tip: Let them know if you are in a rush.
-Bathrooms need some TLC
08-23-2013 19:01:06 | More by Donker
Delaney's Restaurant & Tap Room in New Haven, CT
91 out of 100 based on 68 ratings.