Moonraker Scotch Ale - Lunar Brewing

Beer added by: emerge077 on 04-09-2009

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.38/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Visited Lunar with a friend who lives down that way and is a also a drinker of mostly big beers only. I usually don't go that heavy but man I am glad I tried this one. Would have had a few more but at 8% ABV I had to watch it a little.

Dark almost black in color, with very little head, but cold and smooth, sweet enough without knocking you down, yet with a little bite this was a pleasurable experience. I am always looking for a Scotch Ale, and I have tried a few but they are usually too sweet or the malt overcomes the taste. Not so with this one. I would compare it to Founder's Angry Bastard or Robert the Bruce.

Served in a 21 oz thistle on tap, it was one I recommended to a handful of people who walked in and they all agreed. (738 characters)

3.5/5  rDev n/a

4.12/5  rDev n/a

Pours a ruby and amber hue. Very quick, one figure, beige head. The aroma is a light roasted and heaily toasted malt. Notes of caramel and soft fruits hit the nose. The taste is malty upfront, light, dry hop middle , and hinting at caramelized fruit finish. Very good session beer. You can get this served in a 21oz tulip glass. (328 characters)

3.25/5  rDev n/a

4.13/5  rDev n/a

I need to start keeping a note pad with me when I visit these breweries. It had a medium to dark goldenish brown color. It was poured by Brad, (awesome beertender), and half a 1.5" head when consuming it laced up the side of the glass. I would definately get another. (267 characters)

4.5/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

5/5  rDev n/a

Moonraker Scotch Ale from Lunar Brewing
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.