Lech Premium - Lech Browary Wielkopolski (SABMiller)

Lech PremiumLech Premium

Lech Browary Wielkopolski (SABMiller) visit their website
Poland

Euro Pale Lager |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: BlackHaddock on 08-29-2006

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 168 | Reviews: 73
4.75/5  rDev +57.8%

4.5/5  rDev +49.5%

4.36/5  rDev +44.9%

4.3/5  rDev +42.9%

Ok, I have to say that i will be a litte bias on this one. The fact is I'm Polish and practicaly grew up with this beer, and I say it's not that bad. I would rate it possible A or B+. It's just what polish beer it's all about.

A: golden with rich sparkling look

T: very strong at the beginning but also very pleasant

Overall: Recommend to anyone who looking for stronger fuller lager from eastern europe you'll like it.

4.25/5  rDev +41.2%

4.25/5  rDev +41.2%

4.13/5  rDev +37.2%

500ml can hauled back from Poland by my friend Kris. Thanks!

Poured into an imperial pint glass, formed a 1 1/4" white head above the clear light golden brew. Frothy head fades slowly, with ample sticky lacing. Aroma is Saaz hops with a light sweetness. Taste is pale sweet malts upfront, with crisp and lightly spicy hoppiness, with a clean close. Mouthfeel and drinkability are both very nice, this one is a great representation of the style. Would gladly have this one up again.

3.97/5  rDev +31.9%

This beer is good. Great balance of hops/malt and at 5.2 percent, it is more or less the perfect lager. Very impressed with this Eastern European Lager offering. Worth it for sure. I think that the only thing that could make this beer a tad better is if I could find it in a glass bottle, so as to not tamper with the natural flavor too much. Try this one!

3.71/5  rDev +23.3%

This was purchased in a Pakistani owned supermarket in Telford, Shropshire, England.

So many Polish workers in the area, their beers are appearing all over, I shall have great fun finding and reviewing them!

Large green bottle (500ml) with oval green label, stating it is brewed with natural ingredients (in English). No mention the brewery is owned by a South African Global Brewer.

I tried it in a blind tasting with Glosch, Miller Genuine Draft and Warsteiner Premium Verum (Pilsner). It came second behind the Warsteiner.

Darkest of the four beers, it was deep blonde in colour with a good clear, clean head, which stayed for a long time, clinging on to the side of the pint sleeved glass until the end.

It smelt of lager/pilsner, so no great shakes there.

The taste however was fine, more body that your normal pilsner, with a hoppy, dry aftertaste which lingered awhile.

Overall a good feel about it, I am not a big Pilsner/lager drinker, but this did enough to please me and I will be drinking it again, not regular, but if it is hot, I am thirsty and it is cold in my fridge.

3.71/5  rDev +23.3%

Lech Premium is owned by giant SABMiller and like many beers of the region, features a ram on the label. What is it with eastern european's and rams? In a land without stags, bears and lions perhaps it is the sign of vitality. Anyhoo, my canned sample of Lech was purchased at the ubiquitous LCBO in Ontario Canada - the best before date a good 8 months away.

Lech pours with an attractive golden colour. The thick, heavily carbonated head dissipates quickly and leaves next to no lace however. Despite that I found myself admiring the beer while I drank.. its golden hues standing out against a dreary fall day.

Smell-wise it's decent.. some malt, flowers and grass. Nothing over powering but still complimentary. Unlike many of the other reviewers I enjoyed the taste and mouthfeel. It's somewhat sweet, but finishes very well with hops and overall I'd have to say it is a very refreshing beer. I'm disappointed I didn't pick up more of it!

If you see this one, give it a shot. It'll be in my basket the next time I'm out.

3.7/5  rDev +22.9%

Slightly larger bottle poured into pint glass.

Pours clear golden yellow with fast white foam that vanishes almost immediately.

Clean pils smell - hints of corn but never as offensive as an American bland pils. Little bit of sweetness in there.

Clean, light watery, taste with faint hops. Strangely flavorful and light. Goes down super smooth. Unremarkable, but tasty in an easy going kind of way.

Very good drinkability. I'd seek this one out again.

3.65/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours with a lot of vigor, oversize fluffy white head but a bit under carbonated as far as the liquid goes. Clear golden yellow color, no haze

Tastes clean but with personality. A lot of people say it is basic Euro-Lager but as someone who prefers that style, this is an outstanding beer for me.

There is a sweetness at first and a spicy bridge that leads to a somewhat lingering hop taste. While the hop lingers so does the sweetness which is a bit of a turn off for a session beer

I prefer a bit dryer beer but for anyone looking for a good crisp Euro lager that might turn their wife on to beer, this could be it

3.65/5  rDev +21.3%

500ml bottle lovingly brought back from Krosno, Poland by my Mom. Thanks Mom!
Crystal clear pale gold. A large bubble floats up now and then. Initially, the head was puffy and white, settling down into a thin collar after a couple sips. Soapy, saazy hop aroma. Some grassy notes, and crispy, crackly pils malt. The flavor is much like any continental lager, with perhaps a more pronounced floral fruitiness. A trace of apple and freshly mown grass, sitting atop crisply grainy pils malt. Lagery smooth, moving quickly into a moderately hopped, floral and soapy finish. Feels softer, less dry than your average euro lager, maybe more in the bohemian style. Still has that nice snap-off in the finish. An easy drinker after a long day.

3.63/5  rDev +20.6%

Thanks to my friend from Poland for this.

Poured into a pilsner glass.

Pours a large layer of fluffy white head.Decent retention. Leaves some nice lace which surprised me. Color is a clear golden yellow. Lots of active carbonation.

Aroma: Lots of rice, corn, and low level hops. Reminds me a lot of the typical macros in America. Nothing to special.

Taste: It is defintely different from the American macros. It has the pale malt present but also has a European flavor to it. Corn and rice flavors with some malt. Very basic but a little different from the American macro lager. Very dry with grassy hops... reminds me a little of a pils.

Mouthfeel: Crisp, smooth, relatively easy drinking. A little dry. Light bodied with a decent amount of carbonation. Ends a little dry and grassy.

Overall, it was fun drinking this beer. I knew it would taste like an American macro, but Europe/Poland has different malts and hops than us so it was fun to try something new. It was a fun experience. Fairly drinkable.

3.58/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Drank a small portion (~100ml) poured into a glass from a 500ml bottle

A- Crystal clear golden yellow with quite a few bubble streams carrying medium-large bubbles to a small ring of lace at the top.

S- Smells slightly skunked and somewhat bland

T- Tastes like white wheat bread and a bit skunky

F- Feels light-bodied with decent carbonation for a quick ride over the tongue

D- Drinks quick and painlessly like a cheap Euro Pale Lager should

3.5/5  rDev +16.3%

This beer got my attention at my work, Wines Unlimited of Stratford, CT. We have a pretty good beer selection, especially of Eastern European Beers. This one, Lech seemed curious to me, being a Polish beer, it aroused my curiosity, because I have had some decent Polish beers the last few weeks. This beer is amazingly drinkable, but lacks a nice head, and lacing. The head is a egg foam like appearance which is nothing to scream about. The beer is colored with a pale golden hue with transparent waterline edges. Also, while it maybe very versatile, it tastes of a watered down lager, similar to a crappy Pilsner, (not that I hate Pilsners of course) but a little better. However, it still sells very well in our store, for probably two reasons, one being that it is a Polish Beer, and that our Polish clientele will naturally go for it, and two being that most Americans prefer light lagers, or Pilsners anyway, so when they experiment on a unknown beer they obviously get something they think they would like. Overall, this beer was ok, not great, very drinkable, and makes a good addition to any beer selection.

3.5/5  rDev +16.3%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Lech Premium from Lech Browary Wielkopolski (SABMiller)