Moosehead Lager - Moosehead Breweries Ltd.

Moosehead LagerMoosehead Lager

Moosehead Breweries Ltd. visit their website
New Brunswick, Canada

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 07-26-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Moosehead Lager Alström Bros
bbluemzbeer

I drank Moosehead years ago . It was on sale at the my local store so I decided to buy without an expecting much more then taste of miller or Budweiser taste. I was pleasantly surprise of quality of Moose head beer.

Appearance ; It looks like a golden lager.

Smell: It smells much better then AA Lager. It has grassy hops and grain smell

Taste: It has some grassy and floral hops taste to it. Their is bitterness which lingers to end. It has great balance of bitter and sweet. It very refreshing because no adjunct added to it. Astronomical high drinkability to this beer! Their are a few beer which are close to it drinkability but not many.

Mouthfeel: Body is light to mild goes well with style. Carbonation is high then settles when you drank it.

Overall: This beer is perfect for my taste. It exceptional simple and clean, refreshing lager with some good beer taste to it. Moosehead beers beats out 99.99 lagers out on the market even European Lagers without the European Lager high price.

11-04-2013 04:29:24 | More by bbluemzbeer
lanechaffin

Supremely skunky brew. More flavor than Bud or Coors. Maybe skunkier because I'm down here in Texas, I like that though. I think this is darn good beer. Crisp and very enjoyable to drink, nice labeling, attractive green bottle. It reminds me of something- I think Mickey's Malt Liquor lol, maybe not. Just bought a six pack and this is the first Moosehead I've ever drank. Six packs are the dumbest invention- beer should not be sold in packaging of less than 12.

12-31-2010 22:15:14 | More by lanechaffin
msfoster77

I thoroughly enjoyed this beer. I regularly buy the twelve packs because they are cheap and sometimes they have collectible bottle openers. This beer is your standard light and very drinkable beer. It is overcarbonated and doesn't have a whole lot of taste. It is extremely refreshing and crisp.

02-16-2011 21:14:12 | More by msfoster77
roddwolff

Mexico

A: Pale yellow with a medium and thin foamy head that adds elegance, the logo is a drunk moose;

S: Some bitterness that invites you to take a sip;

T: Cooked vegetables, smoked malt and corn;

M: Very refreshing and crisp;

D: You get drunk very quickly, was the official beer of my group of friends.

01-13-2010 17:18:36 | More by roddwolff

Bryanwebb85

Quebec (Canada)

06-17-2014 01:59:28 | More by Bryanwebb85
Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

11-22-2012 13:46:53 | More by
DuffDaddy

09-03-2013 17:40:18 | More by DuffDaddy
MoSconsin

11-13-2012 09:26:11 | More by MoSconsin
MeanMachineCaptain

I'm reviewing that blonde lager beer at the highest rate possible because it doesn't deserve to be under the bar of 80%. This is a top quality beer that looks like a cheap one. No matter hows the taste I could describe, there's nothing really astonishing in the bottom of that green bottle but, it is a great fuckin tasting blonde beer! Seriously, it is a lager blonde light beverage which is very refreshing no matter I you're in a high heat kinda place or even in the coldest icy lands lik here in Canada. I really think you should reconsider that lager a good tasting beer in its category and regardless of its look, it deserve a noble respect.
Cheers!

10-06-2012 00:12:20 | More by MeanMachineCaptain
outlawstar102

4.85/5  rDev +59.5%

This beer is my favorite by far. For only $8 for a 12 pk of bottles you can not go wrong. The taste is very crisp and refreshing. No skunky or bitter after taste and just all around, in my opinion, the best beer. I am sure many will not agree with me on this and i respect that. But this is just my opinion.

08-03-2011 21:13:11 | More by outlawstar102
Syl

4.8/5  rDev +57.9%

My favorite!
5% ABV highly refreshing golden lager.
It offers a fine balance between malt sweetness and hop bitterness.
Brewed longer with age-old yeast culture, it imparts a delicious and unique flavor.

Because of the green bottle, it is very sensitive to light so in order to avoid it being light struck, protect it from light as much as possible. I enjoy it with a slice of lime as well.

09-18-2012 13:12:05 | More by Syl
Aretis

Indiana

4.75/5  rDev +56.3%

Moosehead has a phenomenal taste. Easily the best beer I've ever had. It has a very pleasing feel in your mouth and is good year round. The price is decent too. I have found it for around $11.99 for a 12 pack. If you don't like this beer then something is wrong with you.

05-21-2013 05:38:21 | More by Aretis
Travcofarms

4.75/5  rDev +56.3%

02-26-2014 19:10:59 | More by Travcofarms
klmcmachen

4.68/5  rDev +53.9%

I will have to say, Moosehead beer has always been one of my favorites. I usually drink dark beers, but Moosehead can hold it's own. Don't let its lite complexion detour you. Mooshead is full of flavor. It has the strong American Lager taste with a hint of a Philsner after taste. Very smooth with little bite. The Canadians did something right when the made this brew. Pour a little on you steak as you grill. The philsner taste will give your ribeye the extra edge you have been looking for. Either way, I always figured it was better to drink Moosehead, than it is to give it.

01-16-2012 23:00:16 | More by klmcmachen
beertaster13

Washington

4.65/5  rDev +53%

Moosehead is my favorite of the canadian lagers.

Look: Comes in a green 12 oz bottle with Moosehead on front and description of the brewery history on back. Pours a golden yellow and the head is strong in the beginning and slowy fades.

Smell: The smell is of mostly barley and hops with a sweet side

Drinkability: This beer is the best canadian lager out there (hell one of the best lagers out there, a very sweet thicker than normal lager.

All in all this is a quality beer.

02-15-2004 04:51:42 | More by beertaster13
BobLuvBeer

4.6/5  rDev +51.3%

Pours with a medium head, watery appearance. Slight amount of lace. Wonderful aroma of hops and citrus. Excellent blend of hop/malt and hint of fruit in taste. Very crisp and refreshing. Rests very comfortably on the palate. A great session beer. I could not only drink more of these, I want to get one right now!
No freshness date.

07-17-2003 01:43:44 | More by BobLuvBeer
Mholyome

4.55/5  rDev +49.7%

A comfortable lager beer, with a nice golden colour. Not too heavy and easy to drink. Has more of the actual beer taste I am after when I drink a non amber lager. I find Moosehead Lager to be quite refreshing, and I am glad to see that it uses 100% Canadian Barley Malt. I also like the fact that this brand is still Canadian owned, and privately operated.

09-11-2012 17:10:16 | More by Mholyome
Vito

4.5/5  rDev +48%

Moosehead.

Appearance: Green bottle with a picture of a moose on the label. I poured the beer into a 16 oz. mug, and the moose mysteriously vanished. What a trip!

Smell: No offense, but they might want to change the name of this beer to "Skunkhead".

Taste: Despite the skunky aroma, this beer tastes good. REAL good. I can't identify the many elements of this beer's complexity, but it has a mild, pleasant flavor that I really like.

Mouthfeel: Medium carbonation that matches the mild flavor. Very nice.

Drinkability: Five big ones!

Overall: Moosehead!

02-17-2009 04:49:17 | More by Vito
Jinxxor

4.5/5  rDev +48%

01-20-2012 20:12:27 | More by Jinxxor
robinson1056

4.48/5  rDev +47.4%

This is the best beer to drink any time of the year. It is a true go-to for any occasion. Great for the cottage or even when you're skiing. It is a very drinkable and refreshing lager. It has a great mix of hops and malts to provide a drinkable and tasty beverage. It is the true Canadian beer, owned and brewed by Canadians. And Canadians have been enjoying it since confederation.

09-26-2012 20:14:57 | More by robinson1056
BeerBateo

Ontario (Canada)

4.36/5  rDev +43.4%

I just like the idea of this beer. The name, the moose and the fact that it is from the "great white north" has me proud to be Canadian. Poured from a can into my A&W mug, this beer looks inviting with its gold nugget hue and creamy white suds. Love the mountainous cap *wiping upper lip* and the tons of bubbles from the base. Time for a bubble bath, me thinks!

No skunk lurking around here, thanks God. Mmm, ...flowers, though. Hey, there's a joke in there somewhere.. skunk/flowers.

Goes down smooth. My mouthfeel's nice, I have to say. No after taste what so ever. ..."Bambi!" Yes, that's it. The skunk named Flower. ..I now rename this beer, "Bambi Brew". You heard it hear first.

As for the carbonation, it is medium according to me. Moosehead is just right. Just as right as Baby Bear's chair. Also, as sweet as his porridge. Jeez, i sound like i'm reviewing childrens' books.

I would like to suggest that the brewery add the ingredient that is put in that wine (Pinot More) to keep it from going right through you. I've been to the biffy twice since I started this review!

You get more than what you pay for, with this one. I do like this beer and I do think I'll have another!

07-09-2013 01:52:20 | More by BeerBateo
Moosehead Lager from Moosehead Breweries Ltd.