Moosehead Premium Dry - Moosehead Breweries Ltd.

Moosehead Premium DryMoosehead Premium Dry

Moosehead Breweries Ltd. visit their website
New Brunswick, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-18-2002)
3.5/5  rDev +18.2%

3.25/5  rDev +9.8%

2.93/5  rDev -1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

The appearance is a pale yellow with a good plentiful and white head. The aroma has sweet floral characters with a nice crisp clean refreshing taste and not overwhelmingly alcohol notes. An easy refreshing and thirst quenching beer that suits a backyard BBQ.

1.75/5  rDev -40.9%

This 5.5% ABV premium dry has a smooth real beer taste.
It is fully fermented, lightly hopped and dry brewed creating a lightly coloured beer with less body and little aftertaste.
Those who like it, like it alot!
Sometimes called the "champagne of beers" in the Maritimes.

3.5/5  rDev +18.2%

Tried this again, after not having one for over 15 years. Back in Nova Scotia in the mid 90's there was a rush of "Dry" or "Extra-Dry" or "Ice" or "Dry-Ice." This is one of the few that actually lasted...

I assume by dry they brewery means extra-hops, but...

Pours a copper color with no real head. Taste is a bit musty with strong carbonation. Smooth but no real flavor to boast about. Hops are minimal. I think the minor increase in alcohol 0.5% is what "dry" is supposed to mean.

certainly no better than Regular Moosehead lager.

3.73/5  rDev +26%

Mmmmm-

Well when I saw the can I thought that I would be drinking another pimped out macro and I was a little worried. Also, the fact that recently I've been enjoying ales much more than your run of the mill lager's I was even more worried.

appearance- Bright Pale Yellow. There was less apparent carbonation that I prefer in a beer but that was yet to be felt. The head was plentiful and white, as you'd expect from a macro, it sticks around for a bit.

smell- Sweet floral characters... that's all I was able to pick up

taste- Here's where it gets good. The taste is very refreshing. If consumed cold this beer could be enjoyed very much in warm/hot weather. Sweet notes, not overwhelmingly alcoholic.

mouthfeel- Carbonation surprisingly bites the mouth... not bad at all...

This beer is good to start with, but when I got to my fourth I began to taste a strong sweetness... could become redundant... but I drank four in less than 25 minutes... I was thirsty and I am a maritimer... and we like to get drunk...

3.45/5  rDev +16.6%

Pours out a golden yellow with a slight red glow to it. A medium size head that hangs around for a while. Very little lacing. Good mouth feel - smooth, almost creamy. There is a slight taste of hops with less of a sweetness to it. Very little aftertaste to it at all. Not quite as good as Moose Green (the Lager) but really tasty for a dry. Its a good brew (don't turn it down) but ya might as well have its big brother Lager.

3.35/5  rDev +13.2%

Hard to find, I had this when I was in the Maritines. Tastes pretty much like the regular Moosehead, only a little bit hoppier. More slanted for the Canadian palate, I assume.

Moosehead Premium Dry from Moosehead Breweries Ltd.