Moosehead Premium Dry - Moosehead Breweries Ltd.

Moosehead Premium DryMoosehead Premium Dry

Moosehead Breweries Ltd. visit their website
New Brunswick, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-18-2002

to view more.
Ratings: 13 | Reviews: 6
2.86/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

The appearance is a pale yellow with a good plentiful and white head. The aroma has sweet floral characters with a nice crisp clean refreshing taste and not overwhelmingly alcohol notes. An easy refreshing and thirst quenching beer that suits a backyard BBQ.

This 5.5% ABV premium dry has a smooth real beer taste.
It is fully fermented, lightly hopped and dry brewed creating a lightly coloured beer with less body and little aftertaste.
Those who like it, like it alot!
Sometimes called the "champagne of beers" in the Maritimes.

Tried this again, after not having one for over 15 years. Back in Nova Scotia in the mid 90's there was a rush of "Dry" or "Extra-Dry" or "Ice" or "Dry-Ice." This is one of the few that actually lasted...

I assume by dry they brewery means extra-hops, but...

Pours a copper color with no real head. Taste is a bit musty with strong carbonation. Smooth but no real flavor to boast about. Hops are minimal. I think the minor increase in alcohol 0.5% is what "dry" is supposed to mean.

certainly no better than Regular Moosehead lager.

3.69/5  rDev +21.4%

Mmmmm-

Well when I saw the can I thought that I would be drinking another pimped out macro and I was a little worried. Also, the fact that recently I've been enjoying ales much more than your run of the mill lager's I was even more worried.

appearance- Bright Pale Yellow. There was less apparent carbonation that I prefer in a beer but that was yet to be felt. The head was plentiful and white, as you'd expect from a macro, it sticks around for a bit.

smell- Sweet floral characters... that's all I was able to pick up

taste- Here's where it gets good. The taste is very refreshing. If consumed cold this beer could be enjoyed very much in warm/hot weather. Sweet notes, not overwhelmingly alcoholic.

mouthfeel- Carbonation surprisingly bites the mouth... not bad at all...

This beer is good to start with, but when I got to my fourth I began to taste a strong sweetness... could become redundant... but I drank four in less than 25 minutes... I was thirsty and I am a maritimer... and we like to get drunk...

3.43/5  rDev +12.8%

Pours out a golden yellow with a slight red glow to it. A medium size head that hangs around for a while. Very little lacing. Good mouth feel - smooth, almost creamy. There is a slight taste of hops with less of a sweetness to it. Very little aftertaste to it at all. Not quite as good as Moose Green (the Lager) but really tasty for a dry. Its a good brew (don't turn it down) but ya might as well have its big brother Lager.

3.35/5  rDev +10.2%

Hard to find, I had this when I was in the Maritines. Tastes pretty much like the regular Moosehead, only a little bit hoppier. More slanted for the Canadian palate, I assume.

to view more.
Moosehead Premium Dry from Moosehead Breweries Ltd.