Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout) - Southern Tier Brewing Company

Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout)Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout)

Southern Tier Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  9.60% ABV

Beer added by: ph2001 on 07-12-2008

The brewer suggests a serving temperature of 42 °F for this beer.
Reviews: 1,373 | Hads: 4,248

Big fan of this Dessert!
Wow, taste just like it's supposed to!

A - nearly black with a big chocolate milk colored head. Looks appetizing

S - vanilla and coffee aromas with butterscotch

T - Huge vanilla, caramel, and hop bitterness in the finish. Hints of maple syrup and coffee are also present.

M - smooth and creamy, pretty damn thick

O - Awesome stout that is a perfect example of a dessert beer. one bottle am I'm ready formthe recliner!

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

On draft at Victoria Gastro Pub.

A-Pitch black in color followed by a hazy brown head.

S-Caramel, butterscotch, white chocolate and vigorous vanilla take over your sence of smell. An incredible bouquet.

T-People that taunt this beer for being too sweet, understand that it's classified as a sweet milk stout. Don't knock this baby for what she is. The flavor packs twice the punch than the aroma, offering more caramel, butterscotch, chocolate, lots of vanilla, and finished by a mild touch of espresso.

M-Big. Rich. Thick.

D-The only drawback. If you have more than one of these I applaud you. Being as complex as it is all across the board, doesn't make it as drinkable as most beers. The aromas and robust flavor catches up to you after a few sips. Not making it bad by any means but just teetering the line of un-drinkablility after a while.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

A: snifter. pours a deep, impenetrable black color, with a gorgeous light brown head. mild head retention and nice lacing.

S: huge aroma of vanilla beans, not just plain vanilla. caramel, roasted malts, coffee, chocolate. it smells like a french vanilla coffee creamer.

T: it literally tastes like a damn creme brulee, with some coffee. wonderful roasted malt flavors, with some caramel, vanilla, coffee, light chocolate, and some lactose.

M: definitely full-bodied. huge palate, with a wonderful bite that is hidden. perfect carbonation level for this dessert beer.

D: well its definitely a dessert beer and absolutely delicious. I shared it with two non-beer lovers and it was a huge hit. well worth a try, but it is a little sweet.

4.5/5  rDev +14.5%

A: Thick and creamy head coupled with lots of patchy foam immediately after the pour, a half moon of lace along one side, head retention is exceptional, deep dark brown with a touch of ruby at the edges - 4.50, S: The nose is intensely vanilla, caramel and ice cream all wrapped up in one, there is also a strong dosage of candied coconut, but it's hard to get beyond the vanilla it's so overpowering, I fear this one might be too much given all the syrupy sweetness on the nose though it is inviting - 4.50, T: Like eating a ice cream sundae coated with caramel and flan, there is also a strong butterscotch and some faint coconut flavor, though it is a stout there is so much else going on it is easy to forget, some nice maltiness from the grain as well as some espresso flavors come through on the edge, again - vanilla rules this beer - 4.50, M: Medium bodied with a very smooth and creamy texture that clings to the tongue - 4.50, D: This is an out-of-the-ordinary beer to say the least, it really doesn't follow the guidelines of a style though milk stout seems the most appropriate, a beer that has its limits, very enjoyable especially when dessert is on one's mind - 4.25 ORIGINAL review from 9/29/2008 slightly modified on 9/28/2010.

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Dark, creamy, vanilla, smooth, heavy body, however still refreshing. caramel malts, vanilla bean, similar to some cream ales tasted recently (i.e. Cali Cream-in Mother Earth), only its a stout, very friendly. Desert thank you, probably the best beer to have with vanilla ice-cream. Gonna go buy another 22 oz just for that. Probably a good candidate for the cellar program. CHEERS Y'ALL

4.51/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Creme Brulee - Southern Tier Brewing

Imperial Milk Stout

ABV - 9.6%

APPEARANCE: As I began to pour this beer it slowly came gurgling out like it was waiting for an invitation. Black motor oil liquid that devours the glass into a deep darkness. Small amounts of a milk chocolate rim variations sit underneath a dense latte colored head. Dense and tightly bubbled head that has a long lasting retention.

AROMA: Imagine taking the best creme brulee you have ever smelled, chopping it up and snorting it. Ya that's what this beer smells like. Its insane I can smell the intense vanilla from 2-3 feet away. Loads of caramelized and slightly burnt brown sugar join the vanilla as dominate aromas coming forth. If you can get beyond the vanilla and sugar there is a very creamy milk aroma and marshmallow that gives way to a slight coca dusting. It honestly smells amazing I've never gotten this much vanilla on the nose of any beer before, outstanding!

TASTE: Liquid custard, heavy cream, vanilla Nesquik tons of lactose that adds a residual sweetness that is delicious as a creme brulee is. There is a slight break in the upfront sweetness that shows some malt characteristics, caramel, nuttiness with some light espresso flavors. The presence of vanilla is undeniable, although it doesn't quite dominant the palate as it did on the nose.That leaves room for the caramelized and burnt sugar flavors to join in on the fun. As this beer begins to warm up it does reveal a layer of the traditional stout flavors, with some bitter chocolate and roasted malts that tie this beer together and really round it out.

MOUTHFEEL: Low plus carbination with a medium plus body. Almost drinks like a melted creme brulee milk shake, with a very creamy mouthfeel. The nearly 10% abv can be detected and i think its a welcome reception to remind myself that this is a beer after all.

OVERALL: Its funny to read all the reviews and see how people are bashing this beer for being to sweet. Did you not read the label and see its said "Creme Brulee" and "lactose sugar" ? I for one new exactly what I was getting into, I saved it for after dinner, late night when i was ready to drink my dessert and it did not disappoint. It drinks like liquid creme brulee, that a stout was poured on top of and then flamed. Whats not to like about that? The nose on this beer is in the top I have ever let my nostrils consume, amazing. My only complaint i would say is there is a thin line when letting this warm up, its nice to get the stout flavors to come out but let it get just a tad warmer and it does start to get a medicinal, astringent thing going on.

RATING: 4.6/5 Zombie Heads!

4.51/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured into a brandy snifter

The Ace of Spades has nothing on this. Superman couldn't see through it. The blackness of outer space looks at this and says "dude, really?". It's dark, is what I'm saying. Thin head dies quickly.

The aroma. Oh my, the aroma. As I'm typing this, the glass is sitting in front of me, and I can still smell it strongly from here. Toasted vanilla and butterscotch. Ever had a Brach's butterscotch candy? Imagine melting one down and taking a big sniff. It's a very pleasant smell. The only hint there's even a beer under there is the tiniest whiff of roasted malt, adding to the burnt vanilla aroma. This smells awesome.

The flavor pretty much mimics the aroma. it's got a good vanilla/butterscotch flavor up front. Then, thankfully, the bitterness hits. It's nicely bittered, too, a bracing smack that keeps this from being obnoxiously sweet and candy-like. In fact, rather than melding or balancing, it's more like the sweetness and bittering are having it out, using your mouth as their pay-per-view venue. Sweet with vanilla, then bitter from the hops and roasted malts, then the butterscotch sweetness kicks in, the, the hop bittering fights back. Only in the aftertaste do the two seem to shake hands and agree to disagree, living in harmony until the next sip. Living in harmony doesn't mean sharing the neighborhood, though. The bright bitterness along with the 9.5% alcohol seems cool on the tongue, while the warm sweetness seems to prefer to sit on either side of my mouth. As the beer itself warms, the flavor of the hops peeks in, too, but never seems to take over. When all is said and done, this is nicely put together, and there's enough going on to keep your interest from drink to drink.

The mouthfeel is coating, somewhat oily, but doesn't seem heavy. For a big milk stout, that's a surprise. A pleasant one, but a surprise all the same.

I'd heard various things about this beer, from outrageously bad to overwhelmingly good. I'm glad I finally tried it for myself. This does taste a good deal like its namesake, but not so much that you forget it's a beer. The 9.5% is a bit sneaky, and since it only comes in a bomber I'd recommend sharing. Very well done, and worth seeking out in the late winter, early spring.

4.52/5  rDev +15%

Thanks to Dyan for getting me some of these!

A- A nice dark black (or dark brown when you look closely as tilted), the light tan head builds up fairly nicely and sits above but fades away pretty fast. If you look at it closely, the dark liquid is actually pretty clear.

S- Butterscotch. Period. I've read a lot about this beer and was expecting a huge amount of Vanilla. Maybe I dont know my vanilla enough, because all I can get out of this is a huge amount of butterscotch. But I like it. It's like butterscotch mocha coffee. Oh yeah and the 10% abv comes through a bit as it jumps out and stings the nostrils.

T- Again, massive butterscotch. Alcohol too, just barely noticeable. Behind all that butterscotch it tastes like there is a little sweet milk chocolate, not sure if they added lactose to this beer but it seems like it.

M- It's actually not THAT thick. I think they nailed it. If it were too thick (like their Jah-Va) it would be really hard to drink with these flavors but they kept it medium-heavy in mouthful.... almost the consistency of a big Belgian quad.

D- I'm really enjoying this, but the flavor is somewhat one dimensional with butterscotch. I'm not sure if this should have more of a stout-like quality to it with more roastiness, or if this sweet butterscotch is the way to go. I really think as it is aiming to be a one-of-a-kind sorta thing it's better off this way. So in the end, I think this is a great dessert beer. But for drinkabilities score, I loved this one glass, and it went fast, but I didn't even want to touch the rest of the bottle.

4.52/5  rDev +15%

A - Pours a dark black with a great sizes tan head

S - Wow! Sweet caramel creme brulee. marshmallows, vanilla, toffee, burnt sugar.

T - Just like it smells,and complex. very sweet, creme brulee, caramel, vanilla toffee, burnt sugar, etc. Roasted malts, chocolate, butter cream/butterscotch and coffee.

M - Moderate carbonation and a little syrup.

D - If you like sweet dark chocolate caramel sugar beers, this is IT! It's totally as advertised "Creme Brulee" I don't know how Southern Tier does it. But this is SPOT on. I really liked this one. Remember butterscotch lifeavers? Yeah, YUM!

I can't believe some people gave this a low review because it tastes like it should. A sweet creme brulee stout beer.

4.52/5  rDev +15%

Pours black with a tan head that thins and stays, leaving lacing. Great retention for abv.

The smell is of creme brulee. Incredible how they replicated it - custard and vanilla very strong - It's not "like" or "reminiscent of" it IS...

Tastes like a creme brulee too, though there is a roasted and bitterish undertone to let you know that this is a beer with creme brulee flavor. There is a touch of roast - some burnt sugar - and bitterness to keep it sweet enough, but not sticky or cloying. Chocolate notes appear as it progresses, adding to the complexity.

It has a rich, full, creamy body.

Incredible how they did this - a creme brulee beer, for sure. An awesome dessert beer. They replicated a creme brulee while keeping balance to the sweetness. Alcohol covered reasonably well. A nice, smooth, sipper!

4.52/5  rDev +15%

Poured into an Imperial Pint Glass from 22 oz. bottle.

I haven't reviewed many beers on this site even though I've tried plenty. When I have reviewed, I have followed the traditional A, S, M, D formula.

I am going to break with tradition because this beer is very unique in my opinion. The nearly jet black color is very appealing, but where this brew picks up steam is in the aroma.

The smell is a hybrid between vanilla and butterscotch (very close to an actual creme brulee). It only gets better with the first sip. Every bit of what you expect from the aroma with sweet vanilla and butterscotch maltiness up front, with the following roasty-good finish.

Despite its coating sweet-goodness in my mouth, I could definitely drink a few more of these for my dessert. What a brilliant beer...so brilliant that I have to quit this review and enjoy the rest!

Edit: Have sample this several more times, and have found the drinkability scale to have gone down for me a bit. Just finding it too rich to really quaff well. Also, the flavors have risen on the sweeter scale for me...changing palate I suppose. Still wonderful stuff!

4.52/5  rDev +15%

Presentation: 1pint, 6 oz bottle into a snifter. Bottle has it pegged at 10% ABV (9.2% listed here ATM).

A- Pours a deep, dark brown / black, and completely opaque. Vigorous pour nets ~1 finger of brown head, which is fades rapidly into a thin ring of foam, and an incomplete, oily island.

S- Major butterscotch and vanilla....very, very reminiscent of it's namesake. Nailed so astonishingly, it must be a 5.

T- Wow. Not much needs to be said other than "liquefied crème brûlée." A moderate alcohol warming and kick on the finish. I love crème brûlée, so unsurprisingly, I love this.

M- Moderately low carbonation. Fairly thick and full....good.

D- Good as a slow sipper, and quite smooth and easy drinking considering it's 10 % ABV ....but so rich, that it can only carry you so far. Not exactly a chore to consume the entire bottle solo, but might be best to split in the future.

Future outlook: I'd been told that this one was out of sight, but kept looking for the right time to indulge myself....Merry Christmas to me. These beers that shoot for such unique "mimicking" flavors seem to so often fall short, but this one impressed the hell out of me. I'll be happy to try this one again.

10 oz pour into a goblet

a- small whitish head over a dark dark brown body, excellent lacing for the abv.

s- creme brulee...i may be a bit biased toward this luscious dessert, but this beer replicates the smell with perfection, burnt caramel, soft vanilla undertones with just a hint of alcohol rounded out its perfect nose.

t- again, dessert on tap, just enough bitter chocolate to round out the sweet caramel and vanilla flavor. as the beer warmed, the taste only improved. it was hard for me to drink this beer as slowly as the quality and abv require.

m- just enough coating for a smooth finish, the alcohol is well hidden, yet peaks through in the begining and end of the taste, washing away excessive sweetness.

d- a 4 is as high as i can go with this brew only because of the heaviness and alcohol content. this is not a binge session college-friendly beer, all the more reason to appreciate such a wonderful example.

I reccomend this beer highly, pass on dessert and order a Creme Brulee stout. Excellent job by Southern Tier.

4.52/5  rDev +15%

The Crème Brûlée Stout from the Southern Tier Brewing Company in Lakewood, New York comes in at 10% ABV.

The aroma hit me like a burning truck full of vanilla ice cream, but no sign of hops. Typical I would be critical of this, but this is supposed to be a sweat treat. Its sniffage is a pleasant mixture of vanilla and coffee, capped with a shot of Kahlúa, and lightly toasted.

This imperial stout is very dark in color, and the head is dense and velvety, which indicates that Guinness-like texture.

The beer list at Dirty Frank's, the joint I found this alcoholic cavity, appropriately states, "Drink your dessert," as this is virtually crème brûlée in a glass.

Served a little chilly at first (Southern Tier suggests 42 degrees in a snifter), let it warm as you sip to leave more taste and aroma at the bottom of the glass and experience its full flavor and the fire of alcohol that hits at the tail of every sip.

It's criticized for containing more sugar than hops, but this is not supposed to be a chugger. Instead, this stout is the brewers' version of ice wine or port. I would not drink another right after because it is just too rich and powerful. Instead I would cap off a dinner containing a rich cream sauce with just one pint or even split a 22oz. bottle. I can definitely feel my craving increase.

4.52/5  rDev +15%

A thick, oily black pours into the glass, a finger of heavy tan head atop, and a slow loll as it melts away leaves a solid, sticky lace on the sides. Pretty.
A whif and I'm transported back to those coffee-shops of dates before I could go to pubs... some beautiful young girl that I thought I loved sitting across from me and the napkins folded into tiny pyramids next to the porcelain-white dishes and cold steel silver. A whif of the delicate dessert coffee in front of me, and a glance up to see if she was also glancing up... caramel, vanilla, and coffee bean notes in the back, like the vanilla candles that I always smell at length in the candle-shops, but never bring home because my mother hates them. This beverage fills the room with the same rich vanilla and creamy caramel, like Granddad's candies.
The flavour brings in a more mature note... coffee and Irish Cream, rich vanilla bean espresso and caramel, toasting brown sugar over vanilla coffee beans, and I look up at her and smile, this is one of the best nights of my life. A roasted grain note comes in at the end and reminds you this is still just a beer...
Creamy and thick, light carbonation that just adds to the creaminess, and a surprisingly dry, though syrupy finish...
This is dessert. This is one of the most inriguing beers ever made. The candlelight dances off of her furrowed brow, and our eyes lock together... we smile and I dream of one day.

22 oz. bottle, served at approximately 55 degrees,

A: Pours a very dark brown when held up to the light. Into a snifter it went, with a long-lasting off-white/light tan head and a smattering of lacing.

S: This is the best part. Upon opening the bottle, I was greeted with this heavenly decadent butterscotch aroma, like smelling the most delicious dessert in the world. A beautiful smell, in the top 3 best smells in a beer ever along with another Southern Tier product - Choklat, and a vintage Bell's Old Ale.

T: Taste is delicious and decadent as well. Espresso coffee with cream comes out first, a little more bitter than I expected from the roasted grains, but it was quite tasty nonetheless. Molasses and vanilla are lighter than they were in the nose, but they still offer up outstanding secondary flavours, I would have liked a little more vanilla, as I'm a huge fan of the flavour, but this was quite nice, it's more balanced with all the flavours this way than if I had my way. The flavour profile ends with a distinct hop bite, which shocked me a little going in, as I expected it to be all malt, vanilla and spice flavours. I was taken aback at first, but as the brew continued to disappear from my glass and as it warmed up, I found the grassy hop notes melded really well with the coffee flavours. The ultimate dessert in a glass beer, I'm not giving it a 5, although it's close, I still would have liked a little less hop character, but this is still outstanding.

M: The carbonation is very soft, the brew is rather light-bodied for a big stout which I liked because the mouthfeel does not weigh the beer down, it's quite drinkable in it's style, which would make it a great dessert pairing.

D: I had this beer by itself, and I loved it, but it begs to be paired with an after dinner dessert. Wow, Southern Tier makes good beer. I envy all you East Coasters for having easy access to this stuff. In the top 5 of new beers I've had this year for sure. This is a sipper to sit back and enjoy, I would love to get another bottle of this.

4.52/5  rDev +15%

Thanks to Chris (cvfish) for providing a sample of this. And he got it from what may have been one of the last honest trades by one of BA's Most Wanted on the bad traders list! Thank God he wasn't a victim...

Pours a dark black color with a 1 finger tan head that leaves a fair amount of lacing. I only sampled about half a glass of this so its entirely possible I may be shortchanging the appearance a bit.

Wow, this is a very sweet smelling brew. Butterscotch, espresso, and brown sugar are clearly evident in the aroma.

The taste is very true to the name...creme brulee is definitely there, a very pronounced butterscotch with notes of rich coffee, sugar, and vanilla. Very sweet. Amazing.

Thick but not overbearing. The ideal dessert beer. Maybe this would be too rich for some, but I thought it was amazingly drinkable for being such a sweet treat. I would love to have to this one again.

4.54/5  rDev +15.5%

Poured a deep dark black stout with an off white head.

The smell was fantastic with big vanilla and caramel notes with a touch of coffee, very much like a real creme brulee.

The flavor is great, big creamy milk, vanilla, and caramel sweetness mixing in with a nice bit of burnt, smokey, black malts with a touch of coffee. Very desert like in flavor except for the big burnt black bitterness in the finish.

The mouthfeel is silky smooth with a bit of warmth.

Very drinkable and tasty. I like it a lot.

From my notebook.

A- Black as night, no head, slight lacing after a swirl.

S- Wow! Creme Brulee in a bottle! Sweet sugar, vanilla, cream, and a touch of white chocolate.

T- Burnt caramel, cream, super-enriched vanilla, touch of smoke and chocolate.

M- Thick and chewy. Medium to high carbonation.

D- Not overly drinkable, but a fantastic nightcap/dessert beer. Super sweet and is for sure a Creme Brulee clone in liquid form. How did they get all this into a beer?

4.54/5  rDev +15.5%

This beer is dark and enticing, with the head you'd expect from a higher alcohol brew.

The smell... its one of those things you just keep smelling. Caramel, vanilla. Lemme take another smell. Caramel, Vanilla... eventually my nose catches on and starts to smell some booziness.

The taste... a little less caramely, and boozy, than the nose, but thats not saying much. Burnt, roasty, sweet, delicious.

Smooth flowly mouthfeel, this could trickle into my mouth at a constant rate like a water fountain and I'd have no complaints.

Drinkafrickinbility? Ha! This brew is 10% ABV and I could drink it all day. That's an underestimate, both me and my bro agree that this brew is something to keep around for life.

poured from 22oz bottle into imperial pint glass

A-poured almost black with a 1/2" tan head that went away leaving just a small tan cap

S-Wow, upon first opening the bottle the butterscotch smell starts and it never stops. Once it gets poured into the glass butterscotch, carmel, vanilla, coffee, amazing is the only word that I can describe it with I guess.

T-sweet butterscotch with toffee, malts, a little chocolate and coffee, follwed with the biterness of the hops. As it warms I can taste the heat of the alcohol. Many levels of sweetness would make this a great dessert.

M-nice creamy full body with a sweetness that goes all the way through the finish

O-great beer if you are looking for something sweet would be even better if it was in 10-12oz bottle though, 22oz of this is just more than I would prefer but it is so good I am not going to waste any.

4.54/5  rDev +15.5%

Got to share a bottle of this with and courtesy of my friends Teddy and Matt at GM in D.C.

A - Black as night with a persistent layer of tiny tan foamy bubbles.

S - Truly amazing aroma. Could smell it from a foot away. Smells like an extravagant dessert. Strong sweet aromas of vanilla with hints of caramel.

T - Wow! Exactly as advertised. Like drinking a liquified vanilla creme brulee topped with carmel. Sweet creamy milk stout with flavors of vanilla, caramel, finishes with some toasty malts.

M - Heavy and sweet in the mouth. This defines dessert beer.

O - Deliciously sweet. It met and exceeded my expectations, but in doing so, it might be too much of a good thing. Definitely not something you could drink all day. Maybe not even something you could have more than a small glass of in one sitting. A slow sipping dessert beer that

From notes:

Served on draught at Cork in North Charleston, SC. Poured into a pint glass.

A: Opaque pitch black. Thin head with moderate lacing. Legs akin to port wine.

S: Very fragrant and very dessert-like. Smells just like the name suggests. Creme brulee all the way. I even pick up some tiramisu notes. Sweet and rich vanilla aromas heavily cover roasted malts.

T: Super sweet and super rich. More going on than lingering sweetness from the malts. Tons of caramel and vanilla. Tastes like it was poured through creme brulee. No hops bitterness noticed.

M: Body is full and sticky like caramel. Very rich. Light carbonation.

O: The name hits the nail on the head. This is a fantastic dessert beer of which I will return. My wife does not even care much for beer but she loved it. She couldn't hardly put the glass down. Due to the richness of the beer the drinkability is fairly low. I don't think I would want much more than a pint of this beer. In the future I will buy a bomber to split for dessert.

4.54/5  rDev +15.5%

Drank from a 650 ml./1 pt. 6 fl. oz. bottle purchased at Downtown Wine and Spirits, Somerville, MA

The beer poured a thick, near black with a small, frothy, cocoa-colored head that quickly faded to a creamy ring of lace. Spotty drops of lacing trickled down the glass.

The aroma was simply mind blowing. As far as dessert beers go, I have never smelled a better one than this. Ultra sweet and rich with incredible vanilla and caramel notes. Lactose sugar was noticeable as well. The beer did indeed smell very much like creme brulee, or possibly a sweet custard.

The taste was similar to the aroma yet somewhat darker and (thankfully) not as sweet. Deep roasted malts melded with intense caramel and vanilla notes up front. Sweet lactose sugar came through as well. Dark and roasty in the center. A bit of alcohol warmth appeared on the semi-hoppy and roasty finish. This provided a nice balance to an otherwise overly sweet brew. Notes of caramel again appeared in the semi-sweet aftertaste.

The mouthfeel was ultra creamy and supple. Palate coating. Near full-bodied and viscous with a fine, smooth, carbonation. The residual liquid was sweet and sticky on my lips.

At 10% ABV, this beer masked its alcohol content quite well. It was also quite drinkable for a sweeter-style beer.

Creme Brulee was so extreme that it more closely resembled a beer-milkshake hybrid than simply a beer. The folks at Southern Tier are not at all subtle about the use of adjuncts in their products (in this case, that means vanilla and lactose sugar). They consistently deliver exactly what the label states, and they do it quite well.

4.54/5  rDev +15.5%

As Southern Tier does with all Black Water beers in the series, this one oozes with creamy goodness of chocolate cream pie, to the point that I forget that this is a 10% Milk Stout.

Very strong aromas of, well... Creme Brulle. Strong vanilla, coffee, chocolate. Very well balanced and mouth watering. A light hint of cola comes in the end.

Flavors of vanilla and powdered sugar start off in as well as any beer imaginable. Soon, strong coffee, chocolate, vanilla, heavy cream, and merange (sp?) engulf the beer and dive heavy into a Khaluha-like alcohol taste and strength. Very nice but that extra sweetness begins to take the form of aspirtame from time to time.

Quite heavy on the palate due to light carbonation, heavy sweetness, and firm maltiness. Bitterness seems to come from a lot of directions; hops, bitter cocoa, coffee, and again that aspirtame bite. Finishes a bit cleaner than expected with a deep chocolate and vanilla linger. I would probably prefer this beer without the disjointed bitterness.

Again, this is not a desert beer- It is the desert!

Thanks JNN4V