Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout) - Southern Tier Brewing Company

Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout)Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout)

Southern Tier Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  9.60% ABV

The brewer suggests a serving temperature of 42 °F for this beer.

(Beer added by: ph2001 on 07-12-2008)
2.25/5  rDev -42%

JC333, Sep 23, 2013

eggfu, Sep 23, 2013

Supergenious, Sep 22, 2013

mattboyer182, Sep 21, 2013
4.56/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is such a divisive and love-it or hate-it type beer.

Personally, I loved it.

A -- Not much of a head when poured, but quite black. Looks and feels substantial.

S -- Intense smell of fresh Creme Brulee. Some coffee hints and hints of chocolate, as well.

T -- Immediate sweetness. This is possibly the single-most sweetest beer I have ever had. But I love it. I love Creme Brulee, and this beer really captures that well.

M -- Substantial. Very thick, very heavy. Hard to drink quickly.

O -- Amazing. I love this brew and would order it over and over again. But, at the same time, this is definitely a beer that divides people and I can see why.

jonrx, Sep 21, 2013
4.58/5  rDev +18%

L –Very dark with a modest head--but I was drinking out of a 5 oz sampler glass.

S – Caramel, chocolate and coffee--I just sat there and savored it for several minutes, happy in the moment.

T – When I finally tasted it, CBS tasted like it smelled! Pleasant and well balanced flavors, sweet but not overly so. As soon as I tasted it, I knew a glass of this would suffice for dessert, though I imagine a scoop of ice cream or a piece of chocolate cake would be a suitable pairing..

F – Modest carbonation that stuck around. At least for as long as it took me to drink 5 oz.!

O – Delicous and delightful dessert beer. If I had ordered a pint, I probably would have asked for either Kahlua or Cointreau as an accompaniment. Hard to tell that this was an alcoholic beverage.

joeboe2001, Sep 20, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +22.4%

vahughes, Sep 20, 2013

RinZo, Sep 19, 2013

mikejseal, Sep 19, 2013

bigred89, Sep 19, 2013
4.64/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

This is the stout that turned me into the addict I am today. I first had it on tap at the brewery tour. It was super smooth and had a taste unlike I had had before. It is a coffee, chocolate, and vanilla like no other. If the vanilla sweetness was turned down just a pinch this beer would be taken to a 5. The smell of this fine stout might be the best of any beer out there and makes you close your eyes and breath in deep again and again. They should make it into an air freshener.

Deerslayer210, Sep 19, 2013
4.9/5  rDev +26.3%

Poured into a Stone IRS glass

A: Black, with very low carbonation, small head forms but dissipates quickly not leaving any lacing, how a good stout should be

S: Extremely sweet! Caramel is very strong, along with milk, vanilla bean, chocolate, and a tiny hint of coffee, can definitely smell the alcohol as well, but it mixes very well, easily one of the best smelling beers I've had so far

T: Loads of caramel and vanilla bean to begin with, sometimes it tastes more like creamy vanilla bean,then finishes with a mix of chocolate, coffee, and caramel combined, very sweet but very good, the first drink I had the alcohol was very present (caught me off guard but I did not mind it), but the second and third drink it was hardly noticeable and the alcohol presence faded more and more with every drink

M: Very smooth and creamy! That being said it doesn't seem like it is as thick as it should be for an imperial stout

O: Fantastic beer, wish it was a little thicker, and the alcohol presence to not be as strong for the first sip or two, but very sweet, I love sweets and truly enjoyed this beer, it truly is dessert in a bottle, if you enjoy sweets as much as I do this is a must have! If not I would recommend splitting with a friend or tasting it first

bpasquini, Sep 19, 2013

kyle86, Sep 15, 2013

Hacksaw99, Sep 15, 2013
4.29/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Finally taking the time to review this luxurious brew.

Appearance: Poured a jet black with one finger of khaki head from a 22 oz bomber into a snifter, head fades slowly, leaving chunky lacing on my glass.

Smell: Strong vanilla, caramel, chocolate and just awesome sweetness. Nothing like a beer, bordering on indulgent dessert but very inviting. Could sniff this for hours...

Taste: Very creamy, silky caramel, a bit of coffee, some milk chocolate, vanilla and dark malty goodness. Loads of caramel, milky goodness and bit of alcohol but very subtle.

Mouthfeel: Medium to heavy bodied with a silky creaminess. A great sipper to be enjoyed after dinner. A bomber is honestly a bit sweet for me to take down myself, yet I accomplished it easily.

Overall: Fantastic for what it is -- a dessert beer and a real treat. I recommend splitting a 22 ounce bomber with a friend after dinner. So sweet but so good.

Mikecap, Sep 15, 2013