2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout) - Southern Tier Brewing Company

Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout)Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout)

Southern Tier Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  9.60% ABV

The brewer suggests a serving temperature of 42 °F for this beer.

(Beer added by: ph2001 on 07-12-2008)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 3,248 | Reviews: 1,272 | Show All Ratings:
drabmuh

Maryland

3.83/5  rDev -1.3%

Beer served in a shaker pint. Beer is black / dark brown with a wispy lazy head of small bubbles, no lacing, low carbonation, looks fine.

Aroma is super sweet, strong with vanilla, some roast and coffee in there too.

Congratulations, this beer tastes like creme brulee with a lot of vanilla. Very creamy, medium mouthfeel and body, no carbonation, sweet up front, sweet on the middle, sweet fnish. It is not cloying but it is pushing it, I've had this beer twice now and finally bothered to write a review. If you like diabetes inducing sweetness, check this out.

09-06-2011 13:00:18 | More by drabmuh
Mora2000

4.35/5  rDev +12.1%

Bottle courtesy thirdeye11.

Pours black with a tan head. The aroma is strong butterscotch with a lot of sweetness and some vanilla. Definitely a different aroma. The flavor is butterscotch, praline and vanilla. Medium mouthfeel, low carbonation and very drinkable, but I can't see myself drinking more than six ounces at a time since it is so sweet. This beer would serve as a great stand alone dessert.

12-31-2009 22:20:46 | More by Mora2000
zeff80

Missouri

4.22/5  rDev +8.8%

A - Poured out an opaque, jet black color with a small, light brown color. It left little to no lace.

S - It smelled of tons of vanilla, some chocolate and sweet, sweet caramel.

T - It tasted of vanilla, vanilla, vanilla. It really tasted like creme brulee. Caramel, vanilla and touches of toffee.

M - It was soft and smooth with a sticky mouthfeel. A medium to full bodied beer.

D - This is an amazing beer, however, it is a lot to drink at once. I shared it was some family but it was still very heavy.

09-28-2009 02:36:36 | More by zeff80
jlindros

3.51/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3

Well, the first time I had this I thought it gave me diabetes it was so sweet. So I threw it in the cellar for a few years to teach it a lesson. Hopefully it learned that and it will be better. No date, but 3 or 4 years on it must have tamed this beast.

Pours a darker but not too dark colored fizzy head covering that fades pretty quickly, it tries to leave lacing but the alcohol shows it another thing or two, and it quickly disappears. The legs, however, are quite nice, and the beer is a dark essence of pitch black color, light keeps trying to get through but gets beaten down.

Nose, holy shit that's the essence of pure sugar! Like candied caramelized candy carmel... wow, candy kettle corn, brown sugar, molasses, plenty of creme brulee aromas, etc etc, oh and plain burnt sugar. It gets lots of cream aromas as well, milky cream and even a little eggy almost, but that could be my brain high on sugar vapors. Also lots of vanilla, lots and lots of vanilla like sugar marinated in vanilla and milk. Then some mild milk chocolate and cocoa aromas, and even a faint hint of espresso.

Taste, bgbggsshhsixjijsijsdofjodjfoajh, sorry sugar seizure! Wow sweet, candy up the... wait where does candy come from? Well there's just sugar everywhere, it's as sweet as I remember and maybe more. The 4 or so years in the cellar jail didn't tame this beast at all! Sugar, who doesn't love layers of sugar on layers of more sugar, brown sugar to start, molasses, candy, toffee, taffy even, caramlized sugar, candied caramel, and lots of creme brulee. Under all the sweet layers, and by layers I mean walls, comes a mild milk chocolate, more cream as well pretty creamy actually, no egg luckily, but again stacks of vanilla rolled in the sugar and cream and then burnt into cola syrup, and flan. Also hint of super sweet Brazillian style espresso. Finish is just ridiculous sweetness, sticky but not nearly as sticky as I thought, a bit more cream and vanilla, but tons more caramelized sugars, mild espresso dripped into pure caramel, and hint of warming booze.

Mouth is med to fuller bod, but like syrup, it even made my lips get that sticky feel like I just at a stack of pancakes covered in maple syrup, mild warming booze (only mild due to the huge eye popping syrupy sweetness), and decent carb.

Overall, well I am really mad at myself for cracking this by myself. If I somehow get through the whole bottle, I won't sleep for weeks, but at least I'll probably go for a 5 mile walk or clean the garage as I'll be so hyped on sugar. Hmmmm, maybe my Brazilian wife will like it since it's so sweet, let me see... her consensus, not too sweet (not surprisingly as she drinks ice wine and puts more than a 1/4 cup of sugar in one cup of coffee), just a bit too boozy and the espresso flavor is too much. Guess she won't be helping me finish it, I'm on my own. Too late to call in reinforcements, I guess I'll just cut it with lots of snacks and try to work my way through it.

02-01-2014 03:25:29 | More by jlindros
Gueuzedude

Arizona

3.48/5  rDev -10.3%

A massive wall of vanilla cream hits my nose just after I vigorously pour this beer; smells more like desert than just about anything, it is actually more concentrated than an actual crème brûlèe. The head form an initially three-finger thick, frothy, lightly browned, tan colored head in my 25cl tulip glass. The vanilla is just so overwhelming and loud, you really can't smell much else; luckily the vanilla note itself is not overly one dimensional, it is full enough that I am sure the brewer used actual vanilla beans (and a ton of them at that). If you like sweet and vanilla then this aroma is good, luckily I was ready for desert so this beer is fulfilling that urge so far. After warming up a bit the aroma takes on a touch of nuttiness and a butterscotch note becomes a bit more prominent.

Thick and rich up front with enough of a viscous body to make this a sipping brew; to be honest though it is not quite as rich and full as the aroma led me to believe. The vanilla notes are definitely far and away the dominant note here in the flavor as well, but some other flavors manage to assert themselves just enough to be noticeable. This finishes with a touch of hot alcohol, that in combination with the vanilla makes me think of Bourbon. Sweet, in fact incredibly sweet, though again not quite as much as the aroma might have suggested. The vanilla flavors contribute or bring out notes of butterscotch, Bourbon, . Not overly roasted, but some roast malt flavors seem to add a touch to the finish with a bit of bitterness. As this beer warms there is a slight nuttiness to the flavor that is a bit like browned butter and the flavors definitely lean towards burnt as the beer rolls across the palate.

I knew this beer was going to be a sweet, sticky, incredibly vanilla laden beer coming into this. For that reason I waited until I was really wanting dessert to have it. The aroma definitely satisfied any dessert fix that I might have wanted, but "strangely" I find the flavors not quite rich enough as this could use more roast malt flavors and a thicker, more complex malt base. That strangely in that last sentence is important, because if I was not ready for the overbearing vanilla and sweetness here I likely would have found this beer a sickly sweet, train wreck of an Imperial Stout; properly forewarned & with the right occasion, this beer, while overly simplistic, is not quite half bad and is even enjoyable if had in small doses.

08-02-2008 03:45:36 | More by Gueuzedude
Knapp85

4.6/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This has got to be my absolute favorite Southern Tier release. This beer pours out as a very thick black goop that lets off a thick creamy brown head on it. The smell is unreal, the burnt sugar aroma mixed to perfect with the sweet vanilla extract smell. My nose could stay in the glass all day on this one. The taste is sweet and slightly roasted, one of the best tasting beers I've had that is supposed to resemble another food of somekind. The mouthfeel is a slippery and thick, worth while for a long night of sipping from a snifter glass. Overall I love this beer. I know a ton of people don't but I find it to be a gem. Really want to get this one on-tap someday.

05-31-2011 20:59:00 | More by Knapp85
jwc215

Wisconsin

4.5/5  rDev +16%

Pours black with a tan head that thins and stays, leaving lacing. Great retention for abv.

The smell is of creme brulee. Incredible how they replicated it - custard and vanilla very strong - It's not "like" or "reminiscent of" it IS...

Tastes like a creme brulee too, though there is a roasted and bitterish undertone to let you know that this is a beer with creme brulee flavor. There is a touch of roast - some burnt sugar - and bitterness to keep it sweet enough, but not sticky or cloying. Chocolate notes appear as it progresses, adding to the complexity.

It has a rich, full, creamy body.

Incredible how they did this - a creme brulee beer, for sure. An awesome dessert beer. They replicated a creme brulee while keeping balance to the sweetness. Alcohol covered reasonably well. A nice, smooth, sipper!

09-08-2008 01:33:44 | More by jwc215
RblWthACoz

4.05/5  rDev +4.4%

Pours a pretty dark black with a very thin tan head. Nose is so heavy with vanilla that it reminds me of Coffeemate Vanilla Whatever-It-May-Be. Highly sugared, very sweet. Flavor is sweet as well. It really almost hijacks the experience. But there is a slight roasted edge that kind of adds a slightly different dimension to it that helps keep it interesting. Overall though, it is very sweet. And knowing how big the bottle is ahead of me, I'm not really sure how I am going to drink it all. Feel is smooth on the liquid, and I mean rrrreeeal smooth. Carbonation is low, but as it should be. This is very drinkable, yes. I think the problem is that the bottle is a bomber. 22 ounces? I mean come on. You need to share this with a party of six people to keep it pleasureable. As a side note to all brewers: The first person to brew this kind of thing and bottle it in say a 6 or 7 ounce bottle might have something interesting on their hands. Bottom line is that this is yet another well made and interesting beer from Southern Tier. I don't know what happened to their brains over there, but hey...keep it up.

07-18-2008 17:09:22 | More by RblWthACoz
WVbeergeek

4.13/5  rDev +6.4%

Poured into my Fathead's sampler glass from the Steel City Big Pour fest...I'm sharing with family and friends. Pours pitch blacdk with a tan mocha head, fine even lacing scattered on the sides of the sampler glass. Aroma is full of creamy milk chocolate, caramelized nearly burn sugars, a touch of alcohol. This beer smells sweeter than dessert and tastes like cream filled cocolate/burnt marshmellow crusted in caramel. A dessert beer that I wouldn't drink a 22 ounce bottle of unless I wanted to pay for it. Mouthfeel is creamy syrupy but so worth it, I don't think it's designed forme but it's delicious. Drinkability overall agan it's way to sweet and cloying to drink in number or volume but if you taste it your amazed with what Southern Tier is doing with beer.

09-26-2010 19:04:29 | More by WVbeergeek
Gavage

3.88/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: black in color with a 2" head that lingers around a while.

Smell: loads of vanilla, roasted malts, and some coffee aroma are most notable.

Taste: big malt profile with loads of vanilla, dark bitter chocolates, brown sugar, and espresso. Bitterness helps cut into the big sweetness here.

Mouthfeel: heavier in body. Smooth from start to finish. Aftertaste is very long as the flavors stick to your tongue.

Drinkability: after completing the bomber bottle, I kind of lost interest in having any more. This is a one or two glass beer at best.

01-29-2009 12:09:56 | More by Gavage
smcolw

3.98/5  rDev +2.6%

Modest beige head. The liquid is near black--no light passes through the glass. Slippery lace that slides back into the head.

This truly smells like creme brulee: very sweet vanilla with caramelized table sugar.

Lots of burnt sugar flavor--too burnt for a good creme brulee. There's an element of coffee/mocha to the bitterness. The body is rich, almost oily. Light hop in the background.

09-26-2010 18:20:25 | More by smcolw
Halcyondays

4.5/5  rDev +16%

22 oz. bottle, served at approximately 55 degrees,

A: Pours a very dark brown when held up to the light. Into a snifter it went, with a long-lasting off-white/light tan head and a smattering of lacing.

S: This is the best part. Upon opening the bottle, I was greeted with this heavenly decadent butterscotch aroma, like smelling the most delicious dessert in the world. A beautiful smell, in the top 3 best smells in a beer ever along with another Southern Tier product - Choklat, and a vintage Bell's Old Ale.

T: Taste is delicious and decadent as well. Espresso coffee with cream comes out first, a little more bitter than I expected from the roasted grains, but it was quite tasty nonetheless. Molasses and vanilla are lighter than they were in the nose, but they still offer up outstanding secondary flavours, I would have liked a little more vanilla, as I'm a huge fan of the flavour, but this was quite nice, it's more balanced with all the flavours this way than if I had my way. The flavour profile ends with a distinct hop bite, which shocked me a little going in, as I expected it to be all malt, vanilla and spice flavours. I was taken aback at first, but as the brew continued to disappear from my glass and as it warmed up, I found the grassy hop notes melded really well with the coffee flavours. The ultimate dessert in a glass beer, I'm not giving it a 5, although it's close, I still would have liked a little less hop character, but this is still outstanding.

M: The carbonation is very soft, the brew is rather light-bodied for a big stout which I liked because the mouthfeel does not weigh the beer down, it's quite drinkable in it's style, which would make it a great dessert pairing.

D: I had this beer by itself, and I loved it, but it begs to be paired with an after dinner dessert. Wow, Southern Tier makes good beer. I envy all you East Coasters for having easy access to this stuff. In the top 5 of new beers I've had this year for sure. This is a sipper to sit back and enjoy, I would love to get another bottle of this.

10-14-2008 00:35:59 | More by Halcyondays
mactrail

2.96/5  rDev -23.7%

I believe this may be the most outrageously flavored malt beverage I've ever tasted. I won't go so far as to say "beer." Actually, a malt liqueur is exactly what it is. Start with a shot glass or a tiny wine glass of it. Chocolate milk taste, only intensified and scorched, and blended with some kind of blackened malt brew. To say this tastes like vanilla is like saying gulping 151 rum is kind of hot.

It's not totally sweet, it's just that the flavor seems to channel the sugar receptor right to the brain. I suppose this might be good with some equally sweet dessert so you could pretend this is Drambuie. I guess the key to whether you would score this high or not is how much you like that totally sugary sensation, like Mexican candy or Greek preserved fruit. I give it an "N" for Novelty.

Dark brown in color average carbonation in the glass and in the mouth. Some sharp notes which we may thank the carbonation for. Bitter aftertaste adds to the confusion. From the 22 oz bottle bought at Bottleworks in Seattle.

03-30-2014 05:53:51 | More by mactrail
StonedTrippin

Colorado

4.08/5  rDev +5.2%

i should start by saying a bomber of this for a single person is more than challenging. its downright difficult. however, this is a clever one, totally distinct from anything else ive ever had out there. the pours is inky black, just a little brown left visible, with zero head, just a think mocha colored film. the nose is brilliant, burnt sugar, scorched chocolate malt, brown butter, brutal sweetness, this has all the elements of a delicious french dessert. the flavor too is very akin to the genuine article, although it is a diminishing marginal return really, as the sweetness starts to rot the teeth and the gut after about a third of the bottle. vanilla beans heavy through the front end, while the brnt sugar custardy component comes in later. the dark malts last throughout. alcohol also becomes quite potent as it warms up. the feel is thick as any beer ive had i think, super dense, quite custardesque really, as it well should be. minimal carbonation exacerbates this feature. overall im glad i got to try this, because it truly is yummy and unique, but this is not a beer that can be consumed with any kind of efficiency or regularity, it is indeed a monster. the sugar just makes it gnarly to drink much of. the label is brilliant, and the beer is just as good. a must try, but proceed with a couple of buddies!

11-21-2012 16:06:09 | More by StonedTrippin
barleywinefiend

Washington

4.13/5  rDev +6.4%

A: Poured a deep,deep brown with a nice tan head.

S: Nose was milk, creme, coffee and vanilla beans.

T; It was exceptional! It had lots of vanilla to it with an espresso kick and creme feel that was very sweet

M: The mouthfeel was ok at first but the constatnt creme, vanilla is to much for me after a while.

D: Drinkability was low because while it good on taste and mouthfeel it was just hard for me to finish.

08-01-2010 02:18:36 | More by barleywinefiend
tempest

4.55/5  rDev +17.3%

Picked up a bomber at Abe's and shared it with some friends on a Friday afternoon. The general first taste response was something along the lines of, "holy sh-t!"

It smells pretty spot on like vanilla custard and creme brulee. Damn. There's a slight bite to this beer that hints at the 10% strength and the flavor pales a bit compared to the deep and rich aroma. Still, more custard comes out on the palate with a mocha edge. The flavors here so vividly recall cream and vanilla desserts that it's easy to forget this is a stout. The balanced body and relatively thin (for a 10% stout) body also make this as drinkable as any sessionable stout.

This beer is, simply put, nuts. It's a great example of extreme beer and American brewers pushing the boundaries of what beer can beer. Bravo Southern Tier.

08-01-2008 20:47:01 | More by tempest
mdfb79

4.45/5  rDev +14.7%

Poured from a 22 oz. bomber into a pint glass. A 2009 bottle that says the ABV is 10.0%.

a - Pours a dark brown with a little bit of carbonation and 1.5 fingers of tan head that has great retention and lacing.

s - This is one amazing smelling beer. Very sweet with lots of caramel, butterscotch, vanilla, and malts. Maybe a little chocolate.

t - Follows the nose. Lots of butterscotch and very sweet. Some vanilla and malts as well. Aftertaste is more caramel and butterscotch with hints of booze.

m - Medium to full body with light carbonation. Very thick and creamy.

d - Thought this was a great stout. If you like sweet smells and tastes, you'd probably like this; if you like butterscotch or caramel, you'd probably love it. The only knock I can see against it is a 22 oz. bottle being too much to drink by yourself due to the sweetness. Personally this isn't a problem for me as I enjoy sweet caramel/butterscotch, but I know some people who can't. Either way, this could be a great stout to share with some friends with dessert.

03-17-2010 00:48:47 | More by mdfb79
kojevergas

3.68/5  rDev -5.2%

Alright; I've heard just about all there is to hear about this beer. I'm walking into it open-minded; I think this is my first beer from Southern Tier. Expectations are high; I like the sound of it. Acquired at a local beer store for $15.00 (this shit's hard to come by in Los Angeles). 9.60% ABV confirmed. I don't have a snifter on-hand, so I'm serving the 650ml brown glass bottle with a standard pressure cap into a New Belgium stem-goblet in me gaff in Los Feliz. Reviewed live.

Served after a period of rest from the refrigerator and allowed to warm over the course of its consumption. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

A: Pours a 1.5 finger tan colour head of good cream and thickness, and great retention considering the high ABV. Body colour is a nontransparent opaque solid black. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show. Pretty appealing for the style.

Sm: Sweet Jesus, that is one hell of an aroma. Overpowering creme brulee: custard, vanilla, sweet sugar, and luxurious dessert. Staggeringly appealing. I can't wait to try it. Buttery as all hell. I'm wary of the sweetness, but I'll bite. It's exactly as it should be considering the aims of the beer.

T: Heavy vanilla sweetness with custard and buttery qualities abound. Yes, that definitely tastes like creme brulee. And it's not as artificial as some have noted. Cream, custard, sugar, whipped cream, sinful vanilla dessert notes. Wow. Maltiness is hidden actually; I couldn't tell you if the malts were dark or light based on the taste alone. I assume they're dark. No roast at all. No real chocolate. Just creme brulee throughout, like a tasteful dessert wine. Definitely meets its aims, but the sweetness is quite over the top. I don't know if I want to finisht his whole bottle. No yeast or alcohol comes through.

Mf: Smooth, wet, creamy, clean, sinful. As buttery and sugary as they come. Suits the flavour profile near perfectly. Good thickness and carbonation.

Dr: Wow. This really does taste like creme brulee. It's right up there in the best specialty beers, for sure. The drinkability, however, is quite limited. Frankly, they bottled it in too large a bottle. No one in their right mind would want to consume the entirety of this bottle alone. I of course will do so because I'm not a pretentious twat who drainpours everything that isn't good enough for my posh lips. It hides its ABV remarkably well and would pair brilliantly with actual creme brulee, but the drinkability is very limited. This is one hell of a beer and it's certainly unique. I don't think anyone denies that. For that reason alone, every beer fanatic needs to try it at least once. Preferably in a small pour, though. This is a dentist's nightmare.

B

11-19-2012 04:06:55 | More by kojevergas
akorsak

3.43/5  rDev -11.6%

A 650 mL bottle purchased at Sam the Beer Man's in Binghamton, NY.

A: The stout is oily black, a singularity that absorbs all light shone into it. The ale lacks an appreciable head, what lingers is thin and white in color.

S: The nose is syrupy sweet with caramel, vanilla, and butter rum mixing with booze. The aroma is very interesting.

T: The stout is incredibly sweet, thick and full of flavor. More butter rum, vanilla and caramel mix with burnt grains and coffee. The ale is very boozy, reeking of alcohol with each sip. Butter rum flavors last.

M: The mouthfeel is sweet but abrasive. The flavor profile is cloyingly sweet at times, while the alcohol burns. An interesting ale that I was happy to share with ksak.

D: One half of a bomber is enough for me.

12-24-2008 21:52:06 | More by akorsak
Rifugium

3.83/5  rDev -1.3%

Had on tap at Pinocchio's, Media, PA

On tap: major improvement from when I had it in a bottle. Again, poured a thick, chocolate brown with a nice tan head that retained for a little while, but almost disappeared mid-drink. Caramel and toffee in the nose, cream, and dark malts. Unlike the bottle, the taste matched the aroma more and was more enjoyable with almost no aftertaste. It tasted sweet and creamy, and well, like creme brulee, as the name would imply. Finishes dry and a bit bitter. Smooth, rich mouthfeel, and nicely drinkable.

06-20-2011 18:09:55 | More by Rifugium
Billolick

3.93/5  rDev +1.3%

22 ouncer, pours pretty much black, under a mocha frothy head, that leaves tons of fine sheeting. Nose is loaded w/vanilla and sweet/sugary milk shake notes. Yummy, smooth, easy drinking and most undeniably SWEET. Vanilla, honey, more vanilla, toasted sugar, candi sugar, sweet sweet coffee. Very smooth and creamy mouthfeel. Pleasant desert stout, I'd like to try it with a chocolaty concoction.

07-30-2008 02:18:55 | More by Billolick
rhoadsrage

(Served in a snifter)

A- This beer has a black body that is dense with only a faint brown glow at the very base of the beer. There is a thin ring of bubbles on the top that form the head. A few random tiny bubbles sticking to the glass is the only carbonation visible.

S- The huge smell of milk and vanilla come through during the pour. There are big caramel notes that fade to butterscotch aromas as the beer warms. The smell of white sugar comes through aswell.

T- The full taste of sweet caramel is very sugary and has a big full vanilla flavor and a honey note. There is a nice roasted coffee malt bitterness in the finish that turns vinous as the beer warms.

M- This beer has a medium mouthfeel with no real alcohol heat until it gets pretty warm.

D- This would land a perfect 10 if "tasting like the food it describes on the label" were a category. The flavor was huge and intense but a bit to much for a full bomber of beer. I think I will try this again but with an espresso stout chaser.

10-11-2008 01:55:20 | More by rhoadsrage
lacqueredmouse

Australia

3.9/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

This is something of a white whale among the Australian beer community, and I'd managed to go some time without trying it—I finally managed it at the Local Taphouse in Sydney during Sydney Craft Beer Week 2013. Served on nitro through a sparkler.

Pours a stupid, thick black-brown colour but with definite clarity noticeable when held to the light—I can see red right through it. Head is stupidly creamy off the nitro. Pale beige, fine and rich leaving ridiculous lace. It's a ridiculously creamy looking beer, there's no denying that.

And did someone mention ridiculous? The nose is extreme. Intense vanilla, burnt sugar crème brûlée all over. It's so creamy and thick that it's silly. Some sultanas come through as well, perhaps with a slight hint of spice like ginger. But mostly it's just about pretending to be crème brûlée, which it does exceptionally well. It's insane. You're an idiot, beer.

Once this translates into flavour though, it's too much—too sweet. So much creamy, thick vanilla ridiculousness. It curdles with the booze (which is definitely noticeable), giving an offputting character of Irish cream. Stacks of vanilla toffee without much to counter it. It's thick, smooth and creamy and too much. I loved those flavours on the nose, but here, I admit I'm struggling with it.

Feel is lovely in its way, were it not for the bombastic quagmire of flavours that it supports.

Overall, it's too sweet, without darkness or... anything, to balance it. It makes me feel bloated and a little bit nauseated drinking so much of it. It does a great job of mimicking a brûlée, but I don't think I'd want to puree such a dessert and quaff it. Such thickness and sweetness—I found it difficult to finish despite its many fine attributes.

Serving type: nitro-tap

10-19-2013 23:37:48 | More by lacqueredmouse
jdhilt

New Hampshire

4.15/5  rDev +7%

Pours a three finger pillowy, light tan head that fades very slowly leaving some lace. Black color, no highlights. Nose is very sweet crème brûlée. Good carbonation and heavy bodied. Flavor is crème brûlée and some coffee, very balanced. Thought it would be cloying, it isn't. Would go good with chocolate. $9.00 for a 22oz bottle from Tully's Beer & Wine Wells, ME.

12-04-2010 23:36:32 | More by jdhilt
Wasatch

Utah

4.47/5  rDev +15.2%

Thanks goes out to jwc215 for this brew.

Pours a thick black color, some carbonation, nice little fizzy tan head, some sticky lacing around the edges. The nose is a vanilla bean BOMB, very nice, malty, some hops, chocolate/toffee/coffee notes. The taste is sweet, malty, very nice touch of vanilla, with the big three dark ones. Medium body. Very drinkable, I really like this one, different brew from other Imp. Stout's, way to go ST.

10-01-2008 23:56:45 | More by Wasatch