Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout - Drake's Brewing Co.

Drake's Drakonic Imperial StoutDrake's Drakonic Imperial Stout

Drake's Brewing Co. visit their website

Russian Imperial Stout |  8.75% ABV

Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout - 8.75% ABV, 40 IBUS
A big, malty beast of a beer that exemplifies the way we roll here at Drake's. Two-row malt is blended with Chocolate malt, roasted barley, and dark Crystal malts to make up the grist. Only one hop addition, Columbus, is added for bittering, allowing the abundance of malt in this beer to shine through. Enjoy the dense brownish head, the silky maltiness, and flavors of licorice, coffee and chocolate, rounded out with a slightly dry finish. here's to those who don't fear the mighty!

(Beer added by: xlperro on 08-20-2003)
3.5/5  rDev -11.4%

I am about 11 ounces deep in my first 22 ounces of this nice brew as I write this. I typically only drink stouts and porters in the winter (it is 33 degrees out as I sip this one). This is a nice winter concoction. It has a fairly creamy tan head on it. I smell nice coffee/chocolate aromas. I taste chocolate with just a touch of coffee and maybe a touch of licorice. I feel all warm and fuzzy, courtesy of the nearly 9% alcohol. The difference between a 4 and a 5 rating for me is that I like a "milkshake" thick stout. I mean, if you're going to do it, do it like you mean it, right? When I drink a stout, I actually want it to be a belly full. This one is thick but I've had a bit thicker. Still, my first bottle won't be my last. Good example of the style!

4.22/5  rDev +6.8%

Smoky. Malty. Hoppy. Nice.

4.25/5  rDev +7.6%

Love this beer, it reminds me of Clown shoes Party Crasher.

4.08/5  rDev +3.3%

4.32/5  rDev +9.4%

4.6/5  rDev +16.5%

Drake's always makes quality stuff, and the drakonic is no exception. Dark coffee and chocolate flavors make it great. Smooth going down, but also a bit heavy. Great for cold weather.

3.75/5  rDev -5.1%

4.5/5  rDev +13.9%

Pours a solid jet black color with an impressive frothy cappucino-like head that is dark tan and close to light brown in color. Very malty aroma with notes of coffee, alcohol and dark chocolate. A rich chocolately coffee flavor up front followed a pleasant bitterness. Not much hops here. This brew is dominated by the dark malts. Overall this came as a surprise. I found it to be enjoyable. Got a bite but rates up there in drink ability.

3.75/5  rDev -5.1%

4.25/5  rDev +7.6%

Very nice. Bold but smooth.

4.15/5  rDev +5.1%

4.25/5  rDev +7.6%

Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout from Drake's Brewing Co.