Drake's Denogginizer - Drake's Brewing Co.

Drake's DenogginizerDrake's Denogginizer

Drake's Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: oggg on 02-28-2005)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Drake's Denogginizer Alström Bros

3.49/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A bottle of this found it's way to a bottle swap in De Bierboom, Brugge on 31st Jan 2014: thank you to the unknown kind person.

I managed to grab a good third of a pint from the passing bottle and took a few notes while trying to drink it and not miss anything else interesting that might pass my way: this piece is from those said notes.

Slight haze to my already opened bottle, orange to golden with a grubby white head.

Hops, and more hops, it smells of hops: enough hops already, some maltiness hides behind the huge hop attack. I tried to fend it off by watching a Swiss Saint Bon Chein bottle of unknown vintage fly by: bugger!

This was fine though, especially if you're into hops. I see an Old Numbskull bottle coming my way: I've got to neck this, sorry. Hey there's Black Damnation over there, I wonder if it's Black Mes? (it was, hurray, I got some)

Christ that was hoppy. I'll try and give this beer more time and reverence if I come across it again, it deserves better than I gave it.

3.44/5  rDev -12%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: orange in color with a 1" head that fell to a thick spotty surface foam. Some lace painted the glass.

Smell: light orange and malt sweetness comes through to the nose.

Taste: a more malty and sweeter DIPA than some others. Caramel, loads of oranges, some grapefruit, soft pine tones, and a decent bitterness. Alcohol was mildly noticable.

Mouthfeel: medium-heavy in body. Light crispness to start, smoother and a bit dry at the finish. Aftertaste leans towards a syrupy sweet feel with some bitterness.

Overall: a slower sipping DIPA as I found this to be a bit sweeter than others, and I just didn't get a cohesive flaor profile here, as the flavors stood apart.

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

3.84/5  rDev -1.8%

Date on the bottle says 03/19/13, making this bottlealmost a full year old. You expect it to taste sweeter by the smell. The nose smells like goji berries, canned mandarin oranges, and breakfast cereal. There's a distinctly spicy and peppery taste to this beer! Lots of boozy warmth and candy sugar, cut by a citrusy, orange zest bitterness. Pretty heavy in the mouth, feeling oily and thick and making the carbonation feel less active in the mouth. Not bad at all, I just wish I cold try a fresh bottle to know what it's supposed to taste like.

3.51/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Aroma: A slight metallic tang to the aroma. A strong hop aroma that is a mix of cat-box, vegetal greenery and citrus.

Flavor: Sweet malt with some caramel and bread up front, but quickly overtaken by a firm bitterness. As it warms I get a nice citrus marmalade flavor and alcohol becomes apparent. Slightly astringent finish but enough booze and malt to balance it. I got more harsh alcohol and burn as I have more of it, and decided I couldn't have more than one glassful of it.

3.5/5  rDev -10.5%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

Drake's Denogginizer from Drake's Brewing Co.