Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Berserker Imperial Stout - Midnight Sun Brewing Co.

Berserker Imperial StoutBerserker Imperial Stout

Midnight Sun Brewing Co. visit their website
Alaska, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  12.70% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-13-2005

Vicious and viscous, this menacing brew pours opaque black with a creamy maduro-colored head. Its aroma offers seductive whiskey, chewy red wine, dark fruit and lavish tobacco. Berserker Imperial Stout invades your taste buds with in-your-face flavor. Weighing in at almost 13% alcohol by volume, Berserker is completely out-of-control. Give it a good fight. Berserker Imperial Stout was aged in both red wine and whiskey barrels.

Original release of Berserker was at 10.4%, subsequent vintages have gone upwards of 12.7%. When reviewing, please list beer vintage and that vintage's specific ABV.

Reviews: 255 | Hads: 1,010
4.54/5  rDev +5.1%

2010 vintage 22 oz bottle at Brouwer's on 3/6/11

Pours a viscous black with no head to be seen. Legs linger as I consume.

The nose is a plethora or caramelized flavors: molasses, burnt sugar, caramel, maple and just a hint of licorice.

Taste is incredibly sweet. It's like a sweet chocolate covered molasses-caramel bar. Though it's so sweet, there's a solid amount of bitterness on the finish to round it out.

Full-bodied brew with little carbonation. While it feels oily at first, it actually cleans up as you swallow. Fantastic mouthfeel overall.

Sickeningly drinkable. I think this is at a perfect stage right now. Glad to have tried it. (646 characters)

4.42/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

This beer is amazing and it's ready to drink right now, imo. This is from the 2013 release.

A: Thick thick black motor oil like body. It pours similar to Hunah. Mocha head about a finger thick, leaving good amount of lacing.

S: RIght off the bat, you can smell the vanilla, oak. Brown sugar, honey, Some alcohol. I would say though this is a huge bourbon barrel forward smelling beer - and I meant bourbon barrel forward as having toasted coconut, vanilla, oak like smell. I also smell some burnt malt.

T: Similar to the nose except I can taste the honey a lot more. Maybe the maple syrup too. It's a tad bit on the sweet side but it works here. You can the tasted coconuts, vanilla, dark chocolate, and some faint hops. Very very well balanced and alcohol is well hidden.

M: Thick, chewy, and awesome. That's all.

O: Very good stuff. I am glad I got to try an uninfected bottle. (889 characters)

3.93/5  rDev -9%

Big thanks to Khaismus for breaking this rarity out in the middle of a tasting. '08 vintage.

A. At some point, you stop being impressed by how these huge stouts present themselves... even though Berserker nails the looks cold, there ain't much to say that hasn't been said. Real dark brown, rich looking, a generous 3cm head leaves some spotty lacing. Good retention. Yep, another pretty RIS.

S. Big and rich, some hot booze still after a year, but more coffee / cocoa and more than a little earthy at that. Tons of roasted malt, dense sugars, char. Not earth shattering, but quite solid.

T. A hefty and flavorful choco-mocha, Berserker is pretty smooth right now, some vanilla and hops, hint of metal, a bit of tannic grain flavor, but ultimately sweet and lush. Great example of a beer that belies its ABV. This is supposedly 12.7% but drinks like a 10 something. A fine tasting brew in any event.

M. Real smooth. Thick, chewy. Low-ish carbonation, mildly sour and roasty finish. Dessert-like.

D. Not bad, a smooth sipper.

I hate to say it, but Berserker is just above average. Maybe I've been spoiled by all the world class stouts I've had lately. There is really nothing wrong with Berserker, except that it is brewed in Alaska and tough to get. If you cross paths with one, enjoy it, but I wouldn't put a ton of effort into tracking it down. (1,352 characters)

4.3/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours black with two fingers of head that is as dark of a brown as you will ever see on a beer. Awesome.

Smell is floral hops, lightly roasted malt, light raisin and prune, pumpkin?, cocoa, and caramel. Nice and complex once you really get your nose in there.

The taste is similar to the nose, with citrus and floral hops being predominant flavors. They rest on top of a nice malt base that isn't overly roasty yet still has some char. Cocoa is deep in the background, and some dark fruit sweetness is also present. Not a gigantic in your face flavor....but rather a nicely balanced, full flavored stout.

Mouthfeel is thick with quite a bit of carbonation. A tad less carbonation and it would be perfect.

This is a pretty damn easy drinking stout for 10.4% ABV. I didn't realize it until I started catching a bit of a buzz from drinking it too fast. As it warms the dark fruits start to come out and make it get better and better. I definitely recommend this stout to veterans and novices both, it is very well crafted. (1,023 characters)

4.3/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

'13 vintage @ 12.70%

Taste of molasses and slight syrup, licorice, charred oak. Earthy. Hard to discern the bourbon presence, subtle at best. The body was too thin for what I look for in a big stout like this. Would have wanted a boozier taste up front but that did not happen. A solid barrel aged stout overall. (313 characters)

4.57/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Pours a beautiful dark caramel colored head.

I didn't get a lot of maple, which was a bit of a disappointment, the molasses was much more prominent for me. Big bourbon presence, approaching BCBS level. The big surprise was a slight tartness on the finish, felt wine barrel aged. A touch of Adam like tobacco. Very complex.

Body is heavy. No light shines through.

Overall, one of the best I've had. Kind of like Abyss with more bourbon barrel flavor. Highly recommended. (481 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A lucky find for me a little less than a year ago....the time is now.

Pours a beautiful thick black pour with a massive amount of brown....brown...foamy head. Not much lacing to speak of.

The aroma consists of [name your brand] syrup, fudge, nuts, Hershey chocolate, wood, caramel, marshmallows and light booze. Fantastic aromas.

The taste is nice maple syrup hints, char, wood, oak, chocolate, booze, and a touch of hops. The taste is incredible. The age may have tamed the booze cuz there is just a touch of heat on the back end of the swallow while keeping all the massive flavor up front. Very nicely done.

Mouthfeel is on the thicker side which is perfect for this monster.

Overall, my experience was above and beyond what I expected. I knew of the hype on this bad boy and it did not disappoint. Sadly it's my one and only bottle, had it at a barrel age fest (shout out to Vic and Cynthia), but I will be forever on the lookout for this mad man...er...Berserker. And you should too. (993 characters)

4.48/5  rDev +3.7%

Holy cow the Ravens are drinking a crazy good beer! I'm beating the Chiefs in the fourth quarter with CooperEllis. Next up is a 2010 Dark Lord from Three Floyds, but this baby from Midnight Sun may stay more interesting than this NFL beatdown that's happening at the moment.

While the Chiefs lose, this beer pours a black and viscous body with a brown almost purple lacing that clings to the glass like Spiderman. Not a heady pour, but that may be due to the oak barrel aging. Otherwise this baby is sexy as hell. It's smell is a little subdued. Dark fruits, raisins, chocolate, malts and booze. The taste is ridiculous, with the smell really coming alive. It's also got the oak of the aging, and a huge warm wallop on the palate.

I'm loving how it feels in the mouth, and it's tasty like an exceptional dessert. My only complaint is the bottle's gone too soon. Thanks to my trading partner for hooking this up from Alaska. It's exceptional. (943 characters)

4.15/5  rDev -3.9%

A - Pours a wonderfully dark, rich, motor-oil black with a lacing of russet head. Really looks phenomenal.

S - Subtle, spicy, alcohol esters. Faint bourbon, moderately sweet vanilla. Mild, salty burned-ends. Caramel as it warms. I found the nose was fairly subdued; I had to work quite hard to pick out these notes.

T - I was worried I was going to find this overly sweet as I did with Barfly, however if anything I found the maple syrup and molasses influence lacking. Same with the bourbon barrel. In truth I didn't get enough of any of the elements on the label which would distinguish it from a regular imperial stout. It's also surprisingly bitter given its 30 IBUs. This would have been a great counterbalance though if we'd got more maple, or other sweet influences like vanilla or coconut. Tobacco on the finish.

M - It is decently thick, yet at the same time a little fizzy. I'd like it a little slicker and thicker.

O - I didn't pick up much in the way of chocolate although some may find coffee. Not much smoke or peat either, although there's definitely roasted-to-the-point-of-burned malt. The whole thing just tastes burned to me: the sweetness and the maltiness. I'm somewhat disappointed in this as a $20 beer from a brewery with such a good rep. (1,266 characters)

4.37/5  rDev +1.2%

A: pitch black with a light brown head

S: port wine, rich dark fruits, licorice, oak, vanilla, chocolate and maple syrup.

T: chocolate, chewy caramel candies, oak, bourbon, port, some resinous hops, and just a touch of woody vanilla. Dark heavy bitter yet decadent.

M: full bodied thick viscous and nicely balanced with a leniance tothe bitter side.

D: quite epic, I expected nothing (388 characters)

4.33/5  rDev +0.2%

22 oz bottle. 2009 vintage-- 12.7% abv.

Appearance: Its completely opaque and pours viscous like syrup. The head is amazing-- dark, dark brown and with pretty good retention for the ABV. Each sip leaves a curtain of lace that gets pulled back into the beer by boozy legs.

Smell: Big sweet roasty malt. Not sharp and bitter burnt roastiness. Sweet and chocolatey, some oak, overripe fruit, a little leathery, some pipe tobacco, and slightly vinous. Interesting and different.

Taste: I'm not sure what kind of oak barrel this is aged in, but I don't taste any bourbon. Some greenish oak is tasted though. Again roasty without being overly burnt. Lots of residual sweetness and alcohol, but not anything resembling 12.7%. Less chocolate than many RISs. Finish is slightly bitter roasted malt and somewhat hot booze, followed again by sweetness.

Mouthfeel: This is quite full bodied. Viscous and silky smooth in the mouth. The carbonation provides a slight foaminess. Great.

Drinkability: I'm loving this. A little different twist on a RIS. Very nice. I'd share this, but, nah. (1,078 characters)

4.22/5  rDev -2.3%

Thanks to Stephen for bringing this nice surprise at the 'You Bring the Cheese Tasting' which took place on July 25-26th 2009. I had this beer before, likely a 07 vintage, and wasn't too impressed with it. This bottle was a 2005 vintage and significantly better than the last time I had this beer

Poured dark, like any other imperial stout, with a quarter inch of foam and not much retention.

The nose was a combination of chocolate, oak, raisins, toasted oak, toasted malts, chocolate malts, dates, prunes, black cherries, "green" barrel aromas, vanilla, still a bit harsh with burnt notes and tannins. Still, the smell is pretty darn good and fresh for an almost 4 year old imperial stout.

Now, the taste is where this one shines. Smooth chocolate flavors upfront, coffee, sweet raisins covered in chocolate and booze, toast, caramel, vanilla, and soft oak. A bit tannic on the finish. Some flavors of black cherries develop later on. Carbonation is on the low side but very smooth and creamy on the palate.

Very tasty beer and I was surprised how well this one has aged but even more impressed that I feel it still has not peaked. I could tell Stephen has done a fine job at cellaring this beer. (1,204 characters)

4.7/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A-Pours viscous black with almost no head. Leaves milky coffee colored lacing.

S-Molasses, caramel, toffee, fresh ground black pepper, dulche de leche.

T/M- WOW. Smooth, gorgeous, complex. Dulche de leche, molasses, cold coffee, vanilla bean, oak. Luxurious and impressive.Full bodied with low carbonation and a rich, lush mouthfeel.

D-An exceptional imperial stout. Highly reccomended. (389 characters)

4.34/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

'13 poured into a CS snifter along side with Abyss '12 for comparison.

A- This beer is jet black with coffee colored head. The head stays around. Good retention.

S- Coffee, molasses, dark fruit. I am not getting much maple syrup that is stated on the bottle.

T- Dark fruit and molasses big time. This is a chewy RIS. I am getting the faintest hint of maple syrup. Maybe I am just fooling myself into that. I am getting some tobacco at the end as well.

M- This is where the beer shines for me. This is a thick chewy RIS, which I love compared to the thin BA RIS.

O- I am happy to have tried this beer, and I have two more that I will age to see how this beer matures. Little to no maple syrup, so nothing really to lose there. (733 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

22 oz bottle that I can only thank Frank's generousity for, a random package full MS goodness is always an O face moment. I have been sitting on this beer for such a long a time and I wanted to save it. Well, I needed some cheering up and my birthday was last week so its Berserker time. Served up in a snifter.

A: Pours a thick very dark black in color. Held to the light, this is nothing but darkness. No light is getting through this one at all, just pitch black. The pour got about a 3/4 finger of head that is just a really nice dark brown, cocoa color. Sadly it falls a good bit to thick ring with some wispy amoeba like formations. You get some light lace on the glass, but most of it slips back into the cap ring due to the slickness of this brew. My only bitch is that I only wish there the head was a bit bigger, more frothy and longer lasting. Otherwise, we are off to an amazing start.

S: As soon as I popped the cap on the bomber, I could smell this thing. Just a huge aroma that fills the area effortlessly. First thing that hits me is a nice and boozy whiskey aroma. its just enough to let you know its there but it doesn't over power like whiskey tends to do. Behind that comes some nice molasses and chocolates. Heavily roasted malt brings a touch of bitterness to the nose but very light. Really good oak and vanilla starts contributing to this nose. There is a touch of a boozy fruit presence that cuts the heavy sugar sweetness a bit. Other notable scents are a touch of leather and a bit of a light nuttiness (pecans maybe).

T: Oh this is quite fuckin fantastic. Lots of nice, heavily and dark roasted malts coming out. Has a nice sweetness to it but also a light smokiness that plays well of the next flavor. That flavor is the whiskey. Light and sweet, but still good and boozy. After that getting some good chocolate, molasses, and just a touch of espresso. Some plum starts to peak through a bit, which compliments so well. There is also a touch of a grape like quality (deep red wine almost), the bottle says nothing about wine barrels but it seems like that might be going down in here. Good amounts of vanilla and oak poke through toward the end. This is great but I think it is slightly lacking in comparison to the nose.

M: Good and full in body, nice and heavy but still easy drinking for the size. Nice and viscous, I mean good and thick. Still slick and smooth, almost pillowy at times. Carbonation is light, allowing this brew to have some good weight. ABV is big in the flavor but not huge in the feel. Just a wonderful, slow building heat in the belly. The ABV doesn't wreck the palate at all. Aftertaste is a touch of grape and some roasted malty goodness.

D: For being a fuggin HUGE beer, this is easy drinking. The snifter emptied much faster than I ever wanted but its still a great thing. Sure I don't have another bottle, but the enjoyment factor of this experience is top notch. I might have found my new favorite RIS. Its just so damned good and well crafted. Just so well put together and everything sits just where it should be. The aroma is the show stopper for me, just amazing. Frank, you are a great man and a lucky bastard for having this around you each year. Stellar beer that derserves some more recognition. (3,267 characters)

4.49/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.75

2010 bottle.

A: Out the bottle like black crude. Dark brown head settles to the glass edges. High abv. shows.
S: Dense maltyness, licorice, tobacco, and a little fruitiness. A little earthy.
T: loads of black androasted malts. Shows more coffee than chocolate. Molasses is assertive. Easily discernible red-wine fruitiness melds nicely with the malt kind of like a dark chocolate-covered raisin. Light sweetness, with alcohol is barely discernible for 12+%.
M: Medium bodied, somewhat syrupy. Good mouth-coat, although carbonation is a bit prickly.

Fantastic beer, though not your typical American imperial stout with the assertive fruit and wine attributes. Very interesting, yet very drinkable for the abv. Only weakness for me was the carbonation/mouthfeel, but this is a beer I’d grab at any opportunity. (812 characters)

4.68/5  rDev +8.3%

Frank is the man!

A- Well I would say this pours like crude oil from the AK pipeline. I had some Borris the Crusher and thought it was thick. Wow the head on this is like a clogged drain. I would say this almost looks like a super thick chocolate syrup. And talk about dark, the head is super dark brown as well. Amazing!

S- Chocolate, vanilla, anise, roasted malts and everything that is dark and tasty is having a great time in this winner from Midnight Sun. This smells like a thick chocolate pudding made over the stove. Very great smelling.

T- This is very light tasting for a thick looking beer. This has a nice woody taste mixed in with some great roasted smoky malt taste. Despite being aged in Whiskey casks there isn't a strong whiskey taste. According to Frank he said this is also aged in Cabernet barrels which is a more prevalent taste. This is a very nice and complex RIS. The aging and blending process adds very unique levels to this beer.

M- The beer is thick, but not as thick as I would have thought. It is very tasty in the mouth.

D- Oh yeah, I wish this was sold in Washington as well. I bet if Midnight Sun sold more of their beers outside of Alaska they would be very popular, this one being a top seller, after all they are brewing more as I type this. (1,283 characters)

4.08/5  rDev -5.6%

Early 2010 rate.

Bottle from Todd. Pours thick, inky black with a rich, frothy espresso head. Head and lacing are thick and heavy, and behave oddly. Fascinating to look at. Of course the nose is rich, heavy on dark fruits, dust of coffee, molasses. I don't know if I've ever had a beer that is so creamy in the mouth, almost like a like dark chocolate milkshake. Heavy dark malts, a bitter coffee-like element, vanilla. more discreet slightly woody tones, molasses. F this is good.

After comparing this later in the year directly with some other, more nuanced imperial stouts, I'm docking the score a bit. (607 characters)

4.77/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Knocking out this long-time want courtesy of huskermike12, who sent it along with a box of awesomeness in the Super Bowl XLVII Squares BIF...

A: Fairly aggresive pour into a CBS snifter produces a thick, 2-finger light brown head. Head retention is excellent, especially compared to most barrel-aged stouts that pour with little to no head to begin with. Body is deep black, which makes the pour look like a slice of chocolate cake with whipped chocolate mousse on top.

S: First sniff is HUGE chocolate with a wisp of bourbon on the tail end. Reminds me of a warm chocolate lava cake. Cant wait to dive into this.

T: With chocolate still assaulting my nose, the first sip is dominated by cocoa, followed by the slightest cameo appearance of maple and finishing with a restrained dose of bourbon. Taste definitely delivers on what the nose promised. The barrel adds the perfect amount of bourbon, complementing the chocolate without ever dominating the taste. This is like a bourbon spiked hot cocoa. Touches of coffee, molasses ad fudge throughout. The one drawback, the maple never made a reappearance after the first sip.

M: Thick as a brick. Coats the tongue, tastebuds and everything in between. Not sure if this is part of what the molasses adds, but if so, it should be a requirement for every imperial stout.

O: Loved it! The one disappointment was the absence of the maple, but I have yet to find a beer that fully delivers on the maple promise (going to have to find me some Lawsons next). Other than that, I would stockpile this if it was readily available. Going to have to steal some of my son's Nestle Quick, toss it in a coffee mug, microwave it and spike it with some bourbon to hold me over til the next time I can get my hands on some of this. (1,767 characters)

4.16/5  rDev -3.7%

Thanks for the hookup, Kyle! Poured at cellar temp into a CBS glass/snifter. 2012 vintage.

A - Pours a pitch black, nearly looking like oil as it exits the bottle. Thick, creamy, dark-tan head eventually turns into some thin lacing. Sticks very well. About as good as an AIS/RIS can look.

S - Lots of sweet oak, notes of chocolate and molasses, tobacco, roast. The oak with the combined with a brown sugar aroma are really dominating.

T - Oak, roast, sugary molasses, mild milk chocolate, tobacco, slight booze and oak re-emerge, then heavy roast...almost smoke...on the finish. I don't find as much sweetness to offset the oak as I'd expected by the description. The maple seems to act as a sweetener more than anything.

M - Thick, so very thick.

O - Good, but not great. I will need to seek out more for further investigation. (835 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +12.3%

An unexpected late addition to the epic tasting, this arrived in Kyle's "Farewell Alaska" package that arrived on my doorstep right before the tasting started, with just enough time to get the beers to cellar temp. Thanks, Kyle!

Bottle from 2009 with 12.7% ABV

The pour is dark, viscous, and creamy. There is a dense dark foam that caps the opaque liquid in my glass. After pouring it into my snifter to get a nice swirl, lacing comes in spots and a delicate pattern.

Aromas pour forth from the mouth of the snifter, imparting red wine barrel aromas, nicely balanced with molasses, tobacco, oakey vanilla, and some slight booziness. Surprisingly, the bourbon aromas are nearly imperceptible. The molasses and tobacco really take a big roll in the flavor profile against a roasted malt foundation. Woody vanilla brings with it some of the bourbon notes that are understated and beautifully subtle. Toffee and vinous grape notes round out the flavor. Alcohol is nearly imperceptible.

Sticky and resinous and yet somewhat smooth. The feeling left on the palate is really incredible. Deep and complex, this is one of the best imperial stouts and barrel-aged beers that I have ever had the pleasure of consuming. (1,211 characters)

4.35/5  rDev +0.7%

Pours black with maroon hues and a foamy tan head, with decent head retention. The nose is oaky bourbon, Dark fruit,molasses and roasted malts. The taste is vanilla,Oak, molasses and bourbon with a light bitter coffee finish. This is quite a complex Stout, Delicious. Creamy medium/full body. I need to start getting others from this Brewery. (342 characters)

4.02/5  rDev -6.9%

22 oz bottle, 2012 vintage, from trade with beergod1 - thanks man. Poured into a Half Acre snifter at cellar temp.

A: Almost motor-oil black with a very dark tan head of an impressive 2 fingers with great retention and lacing.

S: Maple is the predominant smell, a little bourbon, a little sweetness, perhaps from molasses, not much roasty character or chocolate.

T: A little bland at first, not a lot of maple or molasses. Barrel characters of oak and vanilla come in late, and a bourbon finish on the back of the tongue. Not as much malt character as I'd like from a stout of this magnitude. Aside from the bourbon taste, not too much heat. Pretty drinkable.

M: A little over-carbonated, and not as thick as I'd like. Doesn't really coat the tongue at all.

O: Definitely disappointing, maybe its just the 2012 vintage that everyone has been complaining about, but this doesn't really impress at all, tastes like a standard stout with some bourbon. Might give 2013 a try next year but won't have the 2012 again. (1,016 characters)

4.18/5  rDev -3.2%

A- Perfectly black. Only a bit of brown highlights when held to the light. Head is rich and thick, but no lacing :-(

S- Tons of dark fruits and alcohol. A hint of grassy hops in the back, which is overridden by the fruity, cherry, port-like malt character.

T- Initially malty with dates, then drops almost immediately to tons of burnt malt and roasted grain character, which interacts with the hops for a fairly bitter finish. Alcohol comes in just a bit at the end... yummy.

M- Thick, chewy, medium-low carbonation, and a slightly astringent finish.

D- Very good. Like a lighter version of dark lord, dare I say it.. not as good, but still... I'll have it every chance I get. (681 characters)

4.55/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Big thanks to my Alaskan friend for sending me this! Poured into two tulip glasses tonight and split with jac5084. Vintage 2008, 12.7ABV.

A: Very thick sludgy goodness pours out of the bottle into the bottom of my tulip. The gentle pour initially yielded a small head, but a more aggressive pour ended with a one finger dark mocha head that lasted quite a while.

S: Very nice bitter roasted malts meet sweet molasses. Those flavors are all topped off with a nice whiskey/bourbon that complements the scents completely. More of a burnt malt, burnt toffee smell than a fruit smell on this one.

T: Unimaginably good. The bourbon is in perfect conformity with the rest of the beer. The first flavors that hit you are of course the bourbon, and then the burnt roasted black patent and chocolate malts creep in and it finally finishes with a burnt caramel and molasses sweetness.

M/D: The mouthfeel is creamy smooth. I could drink this one every evening if that was possible. Seek out! (983 characters)

Berserker Imperial Stout from Midnight Sun Brewing Co.