2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Hop Dog Double Wheat IPA - Midnight Sun Brewing Co.

Hop Dog Double Wheat IPAHop Dog Double Wheat IPA

Midnight Sun Brewing Co. visit their website
Alaska, United States

If you’re looking for an ordinary wheat beer, you’re barking up the wrong tree. Designed to take the edge off the hot dog days of summer, Hop Dog Double Wheat IPA offers both quenching wheat character and a big hop bite.

(Beer added by: JohnGalt1 on 07-23-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Hop Dog Double Wheat IPA Alström Bros
Ratings: 80 | Reviews: 51 | Show All Ratings:
Akfan

Alaska

4.58/5  rDev +20.8%

Wow!! While playing in Anchorage I had the opportunity to quench my thirst with a Hop Dog...I first tried it on Tap at the Brewery. Then a couple days later I grabbed a few more bottles. A couple thoughts. First, I love the art work on the label. MS always seems to find new ideas to present it's product. Nice work, and by a local artist!!! On to the beer.

Very Drinkable. Still even with the High IBU's the wheat seems to mellow the hop bitterness normally found in DIPA. The mid range ABV of 8% makes for little if any alcohol dominance, and allows for more than one glass. I found it very very drinkable. Perfect with a Grilled Salmon Cesaer Salad!!

Nice Presentation. Nice lacing on glass left after a drink. Carbonation was ave. Color was nice gold with murky wheat characteristics.

As I raised to drink nice, almost fruity flavor mixed with strong hop smell.

I enjoyed this beer mucho!! I would have to say one of my fav for the season, but I am a big IPA so there you go...

08-26-2010 22:35:45 | More by Akfan
Hop Dog Double Wheat IPA from Midnight Sun Brewing Co.