Cantillon Rosé De Gambrinus - Brasserie Cantillon

pDev: 10%
Brasserie Cantillon visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: UncleJimbo on 02-16-2002

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Cantillon Rosé De Gambrinus Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

4.64/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

March 5th, 2013

A glorious Cantillon bottled on the 26th of September, 2012

The nose bursts with fresh, juicy, just-picked raspberries. Underneath the raspberries is a touch of barnyard funk but it is surprisingly subdued for a lambic.

The raspberries again, dominate the palate. The raspberries are bright, juicy and full with the slightest touch of sweetness. The raspberries begin to take on an earthier flavor as it progresses down the palate, like dirt covered raspberries. The raspberries begin to fade towards the back and are taken over by an herbal spiciness and a bit of barnyard funky-ness. Lactic acidity is present in the back with a gentle drying and tannic sourness.

The mouthfeel is light and extremely silky.

A fantastic fruit lambic with a great balance between ripe raspberries and acidity/sourness. Love it, and I love you Jean van Roy

4.31/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

12 ounce bottle
Served in a flute
Bottled in 2011
Thanks to dakkon54 for this beer.

A - It is dark amber to copper in color. I meager pour yielded a large off-white head the dissipates quickly.

S - I smell some tart raspberries. I also get some musty, moldy basement aromas.

T - It is mouth puckeringly sour. I wasn't prepared for how sour this beer would be. The raspberries are not as relevant as I thought. The dank comes through in this beer.

M - Medium

O - It's been a while since I have enjoyed a good sour beer. I have had Lindeman's lambics that I find too sweet. This is my first Cantillon and will spoil my palate for a good while. The rarity of Cantillon is somewhat depressing knowing that it not be often that I find another one of these gems.

3.78/5  rDev -12.1%

Many thanks to, uh, whomever shared this at Geoff's house. There were so many sours flying around that I lost track of who stripped the enamel off of what. Classic green 750ML bottle.

Pour is has a lovely girlish pink figure, clear, since I avoided the yeast boogar oozing along the bottom of the bottle. Nose is fresh, tart, & vaguely fruity. Doesn't scorch my nose hairs out of existence, which I appreciate it.

Rose de Gambrinus is my kind of sour, leaving my asshole unpuckered. It's lovely & light, tart without being too sour. I couldn't quite identify the fruit & had to be told it was raspberries, but the fruitness is undeniable & welcome. Lightly acidic with a touch of lemon on the end. Easy to sip, this is the rare sour that I could drink a full glass of.

I hope to find this brew fresh at Cantillon this summer when we visit, I'll bet the raspberries would pop out even more. As is, a very good beer & nice sour.

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%