Cantillon Blåbær Lambik - Brasserie Cantillon

Cantillon Blåbær LambikCantillon Blåbær Lambik

Wants: 2,258
Brasserie Cantillon visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  5.00% ABV

Made in cooperation with Jeppe from Olbuttikken in Copenhagen. Jeppe provides the blueberries for the beer,and it is brewed at Cantillon and then shipped back to Copenhagen and only sold at Olbutikken.

2005 Vintage (batch 1) - 50 75cl bottles released. Gold foil.
2007 Vintage (batch 2) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. Black foil.
2007 Vintage (batch 3) - 75cl bottles. Gold foil.
2009 Vintage (batch 4) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "2009".
2009 Vintage (batch 5) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "2009 II".
2010 Vintage (batch 6) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. Label reads "2010".
2011 Vintage (batch 7) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "11".

(Beer added by: Crosling on 04-11-2007)
4.97/5  rDev +9.7%

Batch 2 (first release of 2007), in a 37.5 cl bottle. I remove the cap and I'm greeted with a pleasant "pop" as I remove the cork. I see the foam begin to rise, slowly, so I tilt and pour into my La Chouffe tulip.

The beer is light purple with a pinkish grapefruit hue. The light purple, champagne-like head flares up and dies quickly. I've never seen a beer of this color.

The dominant aroma is of fresh, tart blueberries. The aroma has some acidity to it...lactic acid with some funk in the background. A gentle swirl of my tulip glass releases more potent blueberries. Zesty, ripe, tart, sour.

Wow...wow. Mouth-puckerly tart and sour. Very sour! The beer segues from tart to sour and then to ripe and tart blueberries. I believe the blueberries create the most complex fruit flavor I've experienced in a sour. The complex finish hits the back of my tongue with more tart blueberry fruitiness, and it leaves me licking my lips, eagerly anticipating my next sip.

Good carbonation with a smooth mouthfeel. Outstanding.

Batch 3 (second release of 2007), in a 75 cl bottle.

I found this batch to be very similar to Batch 2. The color was nearly identical. I was, however, surprised to find the blueberries a bit more muted than in Batch 2, which surprised me because this was the fresher of the two. Maybe this beer spent less time with the blueberries. I don't really know. There seemed to be a bit more Brett character in this batch as well.

Batch 4 (2009), in a 75 cl bottle.

I heard from numerous sources that this one was a gusher, so I tilted the bottle over the glass (which was over the sink) while my buddy pulled out the cork. The liquid rose slowly out the bottle and we lost none of it to the sink.

Wow, this beer is shockingly beautiful. It appears plum purple (I stole that one) with an enormous light pinkish purple head that takes forever to fade.

The aroma is of fresh blueberry energy, lactic notes, and a faint mustiness. This has less Brett character than the previous batches, lending itself more to the lactic character. Some phenol notes are present with a touch of acetic acid. I get lots of oak in the nose.

The beer is sweet, tart, and delicious. The flavor is sweeter than the '07 batches with a balancing tartness and acidity. The flavor is bursting with ripe blueberries, oak, and tannins. The finish has a touch of Brett and lingering blueberry tartness with lactic notes.

The beer is light bodied and effervescent like always. This is the freshest I've tried this beer, and though I can't say I prefer this batch to the previous ones, it is nice to try it when the fruit is most apparent.

Batch 6 (2010) - 375ml bottle on 9/13/2010 in a snifter. Opens with a light pop. Same resplendent appearance with a very attractive purple pink head. Wet leather bursting with ripe, tart, and slightly sweet blueberries (form a mental picture). Light musty quality and notes of damp earth and barnyard are apparent, but these blueberries are what set Blåbær apart from other Lambics. Holy hell the flavor is amazing. Tart and slightly sweet ripe Danish blueberries with notes of oak and tannins. Glorious tannic and spritzy mouthfeel This beer is excellent, batch after batch, and remains my favorite lambic.

3.73/5  rDev -17.7%

Night of epic proportions, review #2. Thanks to xpimptastikx for the share! 750ml bottle served in a Meantime snifter.

A big head forms right off the bat, rosy plum-colored, fluffy, cloud-like, not wanting to budge. Hazy is the body of Blåbær, with a deep cranberry hue. The nose is all phenolic funk. A bit too medicinal for my liking, with vinous greenery, fresh vegetation and wet soil.

More phenols in the taste, with Band-Aids galore. Earthy blueberry rinds and vine clippings. Blåbær slowly numbs the tongue as if it were a low-dose application of topical anesthetic. Slightly distracting, but the underlying sourness and tart, fruity finish is where it should be. Carbonation is big and bubbly, rolling around the tongue with a delicate effervescence. Almost too much for me, although this Lambic does calm down as it warms. Glad I got the opportunity to try it, but Blåbær wasn't quite up my ally. Thanks again Michael for sharing this!

4.58/5  rDev +1.1%

A long overdue rating, from notes. Opened by Todes at a little throwdown at Willard's Tap House.

375mL bottle, poured into a wine glass. The appearance was a dense, cloudy purple with some blood-orange highlights. A thin pink head formed and fizzled quickly. I can tell just from looking at this that it is a completely different animal from other fruit lambics.

LOTS going on in the aroma department. Medicinal qualities. Dentist office aromas, followed by band-aids and big berry sweetness. Blueberries fight their way through, with some laffy taffy peaking in also.

Very heavy on the berries with the flavor, and more of the laffy taffy. Nice and tart but by no means bracingly acidic. Well-balanced would be an understatement.

The mouthfeel is probably one of the more unique things about this beer. Very thick, slick and sticky. Lacking the fizzy effervesence of most lambics. I would rate this lower because it doesn't really go along with the style, but the entire experienced was thoroughly enhanced by this aspect.

Super dry and tart but not abrasive, this is uber-drinkable. Thank you sir, may I have another.

4.8/5  rDev +6%

Date: 07/31/2010
Type: 375ml. Bottle
Vintage: 2009
Glassware: Portsmouth Tulip

Tasted at the Epic Sweet & Sour Tasting I w/ wunderbeer(Ron), ShadesofGray(Ryan), and Dan. Good times!

Poured a strawberry red in color w/ a skim coat white head that left no lacing on the glass. Nose was of earthy blueberries in PVC pipe - crazy! I attempted to slurp my first sip to pull more flavors into the nose, and it literally curled my nose hairs! Taste was the most amazingly tart blueberries you could imagine. The mouthfeel was thin, crisp, and refreshing. Drinkability? Give me as much as you have. Very sessionable.

Overall, finally got taste this brew and was not disappointed. Will be seeking out more for sure.

4.63/5  rDev +2.2%

Bottle shared by Shep - thanks!

Pours an attractive shade of dark purple with a head that's half cream-colored and half purple. The head recedes into a wispy layer on top leaving decent lacing.

Smells of large amounts of funk - wet hay and leather among others - with solid amounts of tart blueberry aromas. As it warms the aromas grow mustier.

Tastes similar to how it smells. Good amounts of funk flavors kick things off and are joined quickly by solidly tart berry flavors. The berry flavors include blueberries but they're tough to pick out until the flavors sweeten just a bit before a crisp ending.

Mouthfeel is very good. It's got a nice thickness with active carbonation.

Drinkability is also very good. I finished my glass very quickly and could easily have a few more.

Overall this beer is all that it's hyped to be. I have to say that this beer would work with any fruit but the choice of blueberries puts it in a very unique subset and makes it well worth a shot.

4.78/5  rDev +5.5%

Big thanks to Todes for sharing this rare treat, now forever immortalized in alfrantzell's epic poem 'My Blåbær'. Since his ode has rendered further extolling vapid, I will tick briefly...

A - It looks like unfiltered cranberry juice, with scant wispy head.

S - It smells of Band-Aid, generally medicinal, and of blackberry bushes and fresh picked fruit

T - Amazing; huge rustic wild berry flavor. Exceptionally balanced.

M - The best mouthfeel I've ever encountered from this style of brew. Velvety and so substantial, yet not particularly viscous

D - Insanely good.

4.33/5  rDev -4.4%

Okay so I decided to pop this one open after a great vacation in San Diego where I got to drink some amazing sours. (Consecration, Red Poppy: draft and bottle, Framboise de Amorosa, and Isabelle Proximus). Had so many great ones this week why the hell not try out the top rated sour?

Big thanks to Mike for hooking me up with this beer I had been trying to get it forever.

2009 bottle poured 7-11-10 into my Lost Abbey stem glass.

A: I haven't seen many, maybe one or two, beers near this color. It is a deep reddish purple. It poured with about 3 fingers of a fluffy pink head that stayed around for a good while. The head is still lingering around the edges. I give the glass a swirl and it looks like strawberry ice cream with blueberries. Amazing.

S: This one starts off with the familiar sour smell, and a nice fruity tartness. Breathing in deeper reveals a good bit of funk, like sweaty horseblanket barnyard funk. Why does that make it appealing to me? More fruit is showing up now, blueberries, maybe some cranberry.

T: Pretty sour and tart. It has the type of sour that you get from unripe berries, however not really a lot of blueberry but it is there and it is really good. Very sour in the middle, and a very soft touch of blueberries to finish it out.

M: Very smooth.

D: This is a very drinkable sour and... THE MOST FUCKING EPIC SPILL I COULD POSSIBLY EVERY HAVE!! JUST UNDER HALF A GLASS OF BLABAER DEDICATED TO MY CARPET. WTF!

This beer definitely gets a 1 on the "how easy is it to get out of a carpet" category.

4.53/5  rDev 0%

HUGE thanks to Kevin for sharing this much sought after brew! 2009 bottle

A- Body is a dark opaque fuschia hue-haven't seen another beer ever this color. Pours with a 1 finger soapy light pink head which fades to 1/2 finger and has perfect retention from there. Some lacing left behind in the glass.

S- Light notes of vinegar, wild sour blueberry, a light funk, a hint of raspberry and other berries as well. Excellent and balanced.

T- Wow. Very balanced. Sour blueberry, a hint of vinegar, a hint of sour tartness. Finish is slightly sweet and fruity but with a hint of lip-puckering tartness and vinegar. Left to linger are under-ripe berries, a hint of vinegar, and a slight tartness.

M- Carbonation is very light and slightly tingly. Body is light to medium weight, somewhat dry and slightly thin.

D- This is a phenomenal brew. Its very complex and balanced. Almost perfect-but not quite. Overall a great sour blueberry lambic and a brew that deserves to be much sought after.

4.75/5  rDev +4.9%

2009 Batch 4, huge thanks to Kevin for sharing this one!

A-pours a dark maroon color, completely opaque with a light purple head that is pretty dense.

S-hint of tart cranberry immediately taken over by a cheesy barnyard funk. light acidity behind with a good sweet completely unripened fruit aroma, cranberry, blueberries and raspberry with a nice tartness to it.

T-the taste is great, nice sour and acidity. the cranberries and raspberries are up front, no where near ripe with that tartness that accompanies fruit of that nature. a light barnyard funkiness, not as present as the nose, with an astringent tartness and sublte blueberry flavor finishing it out.

M-soft feel to it, nice carbonation, syrupy body with a good crisp finish to balance and slightly astringent.

D-great balance, fantastic beer, excellent fruit appearance with perfect acidity and tartness, light barnyard funk adds complexity and works in very well.

4.9/5  rDev +8.2%

Made the trek to Copenhagen, to get a couple bottles of batch 6.
I had tried this previously (batch 4), and while I thought it was very good I wasnt blown away. Batch 6, however, was different and this review is for batch 6.

A beautiful dark violet with a nice pinkish/purple 2 finger head.
head dissipates after a little, but leaves a thin light pink layer on the top and there is a bit of lacing

S sour sour sour, funk and leather with a hint of wood and blueberries. perfect mouthwatering sour smell!

T very sour and acetic, the oak comes through and there are definitely some blueberries in the background, tart unripe blueberries. (where i think many sours fail is that they are too acetic and missing the fruit, wood etc flavors) this is an awesomely balanced sour. mouth puckeringly sour, refreshing, smooth with many flavors coming through

M/D wonderful. the balance of this lambic is impressive and makes for a very smooth and enjoyable beer, could drink this all day.

4.6/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

375ml bottle into a mini-nonic; the capstone of an awesome tasting.

A: Pours a clear, dark purple body underneath a vigorous, frothy light purple head. Crazy. I've never seen a beer this color, and it's amazing.

S: Classic, immense Cantillon funk, including barnyard, mustard, grape, and, yes, blueberries. Incredible.

T: Starts with fruit (blueberry), then gets sour and funky - but restrainedly so. Clean finish. Surprisingly restrained, but thoroughly delectable. So, so good.

M: Fairly light body, yet substantial, with tons of smooth, creamy effervescence. Excellent mouthfeel for a Cantillon especially.

D: I'd kill for more than a quarter of a 375. Extremely balanced for the style and brewery, I would drink this all day every day if I could.

Notes: Huge thanks to Tony for so generously sharing this, and also a shout-out to the amazing trader who threw this in as an extra. Unbelievable. I had no idea when (or if) I'd get to try this beer, and it was the most amazing surprise to see it make an appearance at this tasting. What a way to end an amazing night.

Cheers!

4.22/5  rDev -6.8%

This is not what I expected. Good but not as good as I thought. I don't think it deserves number 10.

Pours a deep red almost purple color. Nice head and nice lacing.

Aroma is straight funk. Lots of oak and straight lemon barnyard funk. Just how I like them. So far so good.

Taste is fairly bland for such a high rated beer. Not enough sourness and blueberry. Tastes like straight funk. Not impressed really. It's not bad, just kind of a let down.

Mouthfeel is very thin. High carb.

Overall it's not worth what I had to give up. But glad I tried it

4.63/5  rDev +2.2%

750ml bottle (2009 vintage) received in trade with bmanning. Thanks for this huge want Ben. Poured into a Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary snifter.

A - Pours the color of concord grape juice with a thick, fluffy purpley pink head of 2-3 fingers that lasts for a little while before falling to a thick, creamy collar and leaving lots of sticky lacing behind.

S - Very interesting. Smells of grapes, raspberries and brett mainly. Lots of interesting funk. Looking for blueberries I don't get fresh fruit, more of a blueberry jam.

T - Blueberries are more subtle than I expected out of this. Extremely tart especially up front and very dry. Layered with funky brett in the middle with some horseblanket and general yeastiness and finishing with some lactic and acetic sourness on the finish. Blueberries are somewhat light, but I keep coming back to the blueberry jam character. As it warms up a bit the fruit really starts to come out (and I get some lemony aspects too) and the tartness becomes less bracing and more well integrated into the overall flavor of the beer. A truly great and interesting beer. As it warms further, I really get left with the fresh blueberry juice flavor I was initially expecting. Very interesting how this beer changes through the range of temperatures - from fridge temp to approaching room temperature.

M - Light bodied, carbonation is medium high. Tart/sour flavors dominate and cause a definite puckering sensation on every sip. A bit of warmth though really does wonders for this beer. The flavors really open up on this turning a "good" sour into a great beer. Wow, warmer temps on this are leaving me very impressed.

D - On first sip, I was a little bit unimpressed by this. The tart and sour nature were overwhelming and masked a lot of the subtleties in this beer. As it warms the true character of this beer really stands out. Jammy and fresh fruit blueberry character becomes very prominent in a very good way. Would love to be able to try this one again, but I won't hold my breath.

4.45/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Graduation Sour Tasting- Split 4 ways. Batch 2009 II.

A: Pours a cranberry red color. 2 fingers of pink head that reduces to a film around the edges of the tulip glass.

S: Really love this intense blueberry and blackberry aroma. can tell there is a lot of acidity and also get some barnyard funk.

T: Lots of blueberry and nice acidity. Good sourness to this. Very well balanced, but not too complex. Very flavorful.

M: Light body with medium carbonation.

D: Very drinkable fruit lambic. Really enjoyed the blueberry aroma and flavor.

4.47/5  rDev -1.3%

Finally decided to crack one open on Sat night. Needed something to bring some good luck as the Phillies were on their way to being one hit by the BoSox. Opening this little gem didn't help.

A - Maybe the coolest looking beer that I have ever seen. Stouts are either brown, black, or really black. This beer looks like something you would like to see on the best HDTV that you can find. Stunning purple pour into my flute. Really, this is the best looking beer that I have ever seen.

S - Typical profile for Cantillon with tartness and oak coming through first. This is not a blueberry forward beer, but you can smell the skins of the blueberry.

T - Sour up front with oak and sour berry taste. Not the most sour beer that I have had with the taste following the smell largely.

M - A bit thin, more sparkly than anything else.

D - Very easy and sessionable.

Given how hard this is to get and the cost involved, I would probably be happy with multiple bottles of supplication or temptation. The blueberry profile makes it unique, I am just not sure that I will pony up to purchase this one again given the cost.

4.5/5  rDev -0.7%

375ml bottle 2009 vintage batch 4
Thanx to however brought this to bobby's tasting
Consumed 3/11/2010

A: poured a dark purple with a pinkish head and some good lacing on the glass. There was also berry like sediments floating in the beer.

S: nice signature cantillion sour tartness with very light oaky notes with blueberries, cherries and other berries in the nose.

T: great sour tartness up front with light blueberry and raspberry flavors with pleasent dry acidity and hints of oak in the mixture.

M: medium body with good amount of carbonation and great berry slight dry finish.

D: really love sours and this beer has got to be one of my favorite beers by cantillion for sure. I hope I get a chance to have this one again.

4.95/5  rDev +9.3%

Thanks to Brad for sharing this at his tasting on Saturday!

Batch 4.

A: This brew pours a stunning shade of deep blue, bordering on purple, with radiant crimson hues that give the beer a brilliant appearance. Sitting atop the liquid is a thick layer of lilac colored bubbles. The head retention is something to behold. I have never seen a head camp out for this duration of time, most especially on any Cantillon offering. I'm not sure if it's ever going to fade.

S: Distinctive and easily recognizable as Cantillon. Tart fruits and barnyard funk aromas. It's difficult to single out blueberries, though the overall aroma is fantastic.

T: Sour blueberries as fresh as they can be, balanced with enough tartness to make the beer utterly slammable. Wow. This beer is just phenomenal.

M: The feel is a bit on the thin side. If it was perhaps a tad thicker, maybe it could be even more tart and fruity?

D: I truly wish this was more available. Definitely one of the best beers I have ever had.

4.63/5  rDev +2.2%

Batch 004, thanks Brad. Poured into a tulip glass. Beer is ruby red, hazy, completely beautiful. Forms a pink head (pretty big) of medium bubbles.

Beer is superbly pungent. Tons of sour coming through, acetic and lactic with some funky woodsiness that pulls the whole thing together. I could smell this all day long.

Beer is thin and light in body. Carbonation in the mouth props the body up a bit. Very sour and tart, good fruit character. I could session this all day long. Know where I can get a keg of this stuff? If I had to criticize it I would say it finishes too quickly due to the low body. I know lambics are suppose to attenuate out at a gravity near that of water, this one seemed thinner than others. If it had a little more to it, slightly more body, I feel the fruit would have popped more. Enough complaining though. This was the best lambic I've ever had and would drink it again, buy it again, trade for it again, fly to Europe to buy a bottle.

4.72/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

750 ml bottle shared between some fellow BAs. 2009 dated on the bottle.

A - Purple/maroon with reddish hues. Pink fluffy head. Visible blueberry skins in each of our glasses.

S - Sweet fruits at first, but the blueberries really come through as it warms up. Horse blanket funk and citrusy sourness.

T - Sweet fruits from the second it hits my tongue. Blueberries become more pronounced (again as it warms up) in the finish. Sour, sweet, and funky throughout.

M - Creamy, chewy, and fizzy. Great body on this one.

D - Exceptionally drinkable. Could not put this one down and could easily drink a bottle by myself.

3.9/5  rDev -13.9%

2009 Batch II

A - A very, very dark red. About two fingers of a pinkish head that laced very nicely.

S - Lots of fruity berry goodness, including what seems to be blueberries. Little bit funky with some nice tart sweetness.

T - This was nice, but kind of disappointing given what I was hearing my friends say about it. A buddy of mine drank it with me and he said Batch 1 was significantly better. Has a funky blueberry taste, but not quite as sweet an tart as I was hoping. Little yeasty, and a little bit of heavier flavor than I wanted.

M - Syrupy and medium bodied, slightly creamy, nice carbonation, but would have preferred it a touch lighter.

D - Sweet and unoffensive, so it's pretty easy to drink. Not a session beer so to speak, but an easy drinker.

A: Pours an absolutely beautifull dark peach/grapefruit red. A very small amount of light passes through. If you tilt the glass you can definitely see some purple. Almost no head at all on a very coservative pour.

S: Funk and fruits dominate the nose. I dont really pick up on any blueberry, just fruityness in general. The funk is quite strong in the small, its obvious this big boy is going to be a bit sour. This is the best smelling lambic Ive ever tried.

T: wow. Very sour and tart upfront. A bit mouth puckering at first, just the way I like it. The blueberry comes out half way through, especially if you swirl a bit in your mouth. The finish is crisp and refreshing.

D: Perfectly carbonated, just amazing. This is drinking very well right now. I could easily sip on this all night if it wasnt such a whale to get.

I hate to give a beer all 5's, but this is easily the best lambic Ive ever had. One that truely lives up to the hype.

4.78/5  rDev +5.5%

I received this beer a couple of months ago from a friend in Belgium. Dated 2009 with what appears to be a "D" next to it. Decided tonight was a good night to give it a run. Split with my wife and poured into a Westvleteren chalice and a champagne flute. We've both been digging different sours lately and apparently consensus implies this is the best available.

Poured a cloudy plum that was a lot thicker and more purple than I anticipated. Very murky in there with little light passing through. A short pink-hued head formed but disintegrated within a very short while, leaving only a slight lace.

Smell was largely what I anticipated, minus the blueberries. Tart, funky, horse blanket. Tart fruit - but not blueberries. Still a great smelling beer, I just expected a bit more on the "berry" side.

But the blueberries rear their heads in the drink. Tart is the first taste to arrive followed very closely by sour blueberries. The funky sour is so appealing - definitely what I look for in this style of beer. There is virtually no sweet at all, which is ideal for my tastes. Perfectly carbonated and medium-bodied, this is a treat to drink.

I was definitely impressed with the Blabaer. The smell was really the only part of the session that fell short of my expectations. It's too bad it is such a tricky brew to corral; this is one I could drink all night. My wife was not quite as impressed - while she certainly enjoyed it, it wasn't until she pulled out the chocolate covered strawberries that she was truly convinced. It'll rank high on our list of sours, but unfortunately its scarcity is going to prevent it from being one of our go-to beers.

Consumed: 5/1/2010

4.68/5  rDev +3.3%

Huge thanks to Sean for busting out this 750 at that insane tasting we will all talk about for years. This is the second of two beers I made sure to note that night.

Pours a bluish/purple with a beautiful, foamy head.

Naturally, lots of blueberries in the nose. Me, not being a sourhead, was a little anxious with this, but I didn't pick up much funk. Just juicy, farm-fresh blueberries. I seem to get more of a mixed berry whiff a bit later. I guess there is a slight vinegary component here but not enough to turn me off.

This is tart! Definitely a tad mouth-puckering. I'm getting oakiness and some leather hits, but I can't separate from those delicious blueberries!

Perfect, medium carbonation. I could drink this all mother loving day. This beer is everything I was led to believe it was. Refreshing, gorgeous, mesmerizing. Dare I say it's a gateway sour? Good luck finding this particular gate again though.

4.5/5  rDev -0.7%

Another great beer sent to me by Anders. Poured from a 750 mL bottle into four tulip glasses.

Batch 2009 - II

A- Pours a hazy, dull cranberry / maroon color. Produced two fingers width of off-white head with a pinkish hue. Reduced to a thick ring. Good lacing.

S- Instantly, blueberries just explode into the nostrils...almost have a vinous nature to them. Lots of barnyard funk underneath it all. Really digging this.

T- Much like the aroma. Heavy blueberry flavors upfront with a unique, vinous nature beneath. Almost one dimensional, but balanced out with a building sourness and some funk in the finish.

M- Light bodied with great carbonation. Really easy on the palate.

D- As for as fruit lambics go, this is pretty drinkable. Good overall balance between the blueberries and the acidity.

Overall, one of the better fruited lambics by Cantillon. Recommended if you're a fan of blueberries.

4.97/5  rDev +9.7%

2009 vintage.

Deep blood red garnet hue with a pink head on top. Looks beautiful in the glass. Aromas are bursting with a vibrant mix of fresh blueberry and great funk. Woody with mellow vinegar. Just bursting with wonderfulness.

First sip brings vibrant berry flavors melding beautifully with wood and a mellow funk that's a little tamer than usual for Cantillon. Blueberry is all over the place and the mellow acidity and wood plays in so well. This is incredibly delicious and drinkable and it makes me sad to finish the glass.

Mouthfeel is smooth light and creamy...arid and oh so easy to drink as the acidity is not as overwhelming as most Cantillon's. Just a lovely beer and worthy of the high praises it has received. YUM!

Cantillon Blåbær Lambik from Brasserie Cantillon