Cantillon Blåbær Lambik - Brasserie Cantillon

Wants: 2,379
Brasserie Cantillon visit their website

Lambic - Fruit |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Crosling on 04-11-2007

Made in cooperation with Jeppe from Olbuttikken in Copenhagen. Jeppe provides the blueberries for the beer,and it is brewed at Cantillon and then shipped back to Copenhagen and only sold at Olbutikken.

2005 Vintage (batch 1) - 50 75cl bottles released. Gold foil.
2007 Vintage (batch 2) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. Black foil.
2007 Vintage (batch 3) - 75cl bottles. Gold foil.
2009 Vintage (batch 4) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "2009".
2009 Vintage (batch 5) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "2009 II".
2010 Vintage (batch 6) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. Label reads "2010".
2011 Vintage (batch 7) - 37.5cl and 75cl bottles. No foil. Label reads "11".
4.3/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Review #300 and my first ever Cantillon. 375ml bottle, 2009 vintage, poured into AVBC snifter.

A: Pours an opaque dark purple with a billowing soft looking bright pink head that took forever to slowly fade into a thick fuzzy film. This has got to be one of the coolest and most interesting colored beers I've seen.
S: Complex and tart notes of lemon zest, mixed berries, and bretty funk. Smells like un-ripened red berries sitting on top a bale of hay that is left in a damp basement.
T: Not as tart or sour as I was expecting. Rather sweet actually. Blueberry juice flavors mix well with a musty attic notes and some acidic hints of citrus. Aftertaste is full of sour grapefruit or lemon pith. Flavors are all well integrated and mellow enough so that not one aspect dominates.
M: Carbonation froths up on the palate over the medium body and rich, soft mouthfeel. Finish is pretty dry, but not intensely so, with a fair amount of gritty tannins. Very refreshing. The light tartness doesn't overpower any of the delicate fruit flavors.
D: Overall a very good beer with great flavor and mouthfeel, but not one that I feel I would ever need to seek out again. This is great, yes, but there are plenty of easier to get beers that are just as good. Don't get me wrong though, this is pretty world class. (1,303 characters)

4.3/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

375ml into a tulip, this is a 2011.

Pours a deep purplish, crimson color with a light pink head of about a finger. Head sticks around for a bit, then dies down to a light foaming around the edges of the glass.

Big horsey funk and mild blueberry jam on the nose. Some vinous notes, plenty of sour and a touch of oak tannin. Much funkier than I expected.

Huge vinous notes with a bit of blueberry. Lots of funk on the tongue as well, and plenty of barrel and sour notes. Not a super balanced taste, gives way to much more funk than fruit in my opinion.

Spritzy and medium body with a very dry finish. Spot on for a lambic.

Good funk with a mild blueberry presence among oak and vinous notes. Overall, I would say this does not live up to the hype. Is it an outstanding beer? Of course. But don't trade away the farm. Try it if you have the opportunity but don't lose sleep over it. (884 characters)

4.32/5  rDev -4.2%

375ml bottle 2010. Thanks to Schmaltzy for the split

A- Pours a darker ruby hue and 2 fingers of pink head that died to a light pink layer of head that remained for the entire drink, slight lacing but not much.

S- My mouth started to water the second I popped the cork and was hit with a wave of sour funk. In the glass there's more subdued mustiness. Both fresh, tart blueberry and sweet blueberry preserves.. Very tart and dry blueberry flavor that leaves your mouth watering before you take your first sip, it entices you to drink it.

T- Sour blueberry immediately then finishes with a huge dry hay/funk finish. The funk on this beer does not end... 3-5min funk finish. Ahhh very impressive. As the beer warms the beer changes... overwhelming crisp sourness is replaced by even more funk. I

M- Nice light body with loads of carbonation that cleanses the palate and leaves you wanting to drink more of this beer. My mouth is still watering after each sip. An excellent fruited lambic, much more sour, funk and lambic-like than sweet and fruity.

D- I would love to sample this one again. (1,093 characters)

4.32/5  rDev -4.2%

Okay so I decided to pop this one open after a great vacation in San Diego where I got to drink some amazing sours. (Consecration, Red Poppy: draft and bottle, Framboise de Amorosa, and Isabelle Proximus). Had so many great ones this week why the hell not try out the top rated sour?

Big thanks to Mike for hooking me up with this beer I had been trying to get it forever.

2009 bottle poured 7-11-10 into my Lost Abbey stem glass.

A: I haven't seen many, maybe one or two, beers near this color. It is a deep reddish purple. It poured with about 3 fingers of a fluffy pink head that stayed around for a good while. The head is still lingering around the edges. I give the glass a swirl and it looks like strawberry ice cream with blueberries. Amazing.

S: This one starts off with the familiar sour smell, and a nice fruity tartness. Breathing in deeper reveals a good bit of funk, like sweaty horseblanket barnyard funk. Why does that make it appealing to me? More fruit is showing up now, blueberries, maybe some cranberry.

T: Pretty sour and tart. It has the type of sour that you get from unripe berries, however not really a lot of blueberry but it is there and it is really good. Very sour in the middle, and a very soft touch of blueberries to finish it out.

M: Very smooth.

D: This is a very drinkable sour and... THE MOST FUCKING EPIC SPILL I COULD POSSIBLY EVERY HAVE!! JUST UNDER HALF A GLASS OF BLABAER DEDICATED TO MY CARPET. WTF!

This beer definitely gets a 1 on the "how easy is it to get out of a carpet" category. (1,542 characters)

4.33/5  rDev -4%

The 2005 Cantillon Blåbær poured a clear, golden orange amber. It looked like beautiful sparkling resin. It smelled like slightly sweet grape, touch of berry, touch of cereal and horseblanket funky sour. It tasted incredibly sour, pucker lemon, funky-cole-madina, lots of oak with a touch, and I mean a touch of berry. It was good. I was aching for a bit more fruit; but don't get me wrong, Cantillon has an amazing capacity to create incredible back-of-your-throat sour lemon puckers, which a lot of people love and crave. And it was good; I just wanted a bit more complexity and fruit flavor like in some of their other beers.

The 2007 Cantillon Blåbær Batch II poured the most beautiful color I have ever seen in a beer. I wanted to just stare at it all night long. It was this incredibly sparkling, brilliant ruby red with a touch of aubergine. Absolutely gorgeous. It smelled like a bucket of tart blueberries. It tasted like tart cranberries, tart blueberries, oak and back of your throat pucker sour. This had the complexity I was looking for. The beer starts tart to sour and then metamorphose into ripe and tart blueberries with the oak rounding out the transition. Beautiful. Elegant.

The 2009 Cantillon Blåbær was the weakest link of the evening. It poured a cloudy, murky mahogany. It smelled like mulled cider mixed with berry pie. It tasted a little apple cider-y, with hint of cinnamon, sour green apple and cranberry. It was not much to my liking, but it actually helped when it was paired with dessert. (1,528 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -3.5%

Thanks Spencer!

750ml Batch 5 2009

Dark plum in color with a tan pinkish head that retains lightly in a ring at the edge.

Funky berry nose that comes through sort of sweet and sour.

Puckering and dry. Vinegar like with tons of berry flavor. I caught a touch of sweetness in the flavor as well but not many other people at the tasting did. Maybe it was something I had on my palate from before tasting this one. None the less a very good flavor overall.

Medium-light mouthfeel with some ok carbonation. Not very impressive on this front.

Pretty fairly drinkable but not outrageous here either.

I am eager to try Batch 2 of this beer. From what I hear that is a real treat! (678 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -3.5%

Another whale opened for our sour tasting. 750 ml bottle, poured into a tulip.

A: Deep, watermelon red color. The pour produced a pinkish head that faded to a thin rim.

A: Strong berries up front. I get notes of raspberries, strawberries, and yes the blueberries. I also get herbal notes, and notes of citrus spice.

T: Amazing how the blueberries come through. I have had a lot of blueberry beers, but the berries are more prevalent in this than any other. Good amount of bitter sourness and nicely sweet.

M: Medium body. High carbonation and tingely.

D and overall impression: Drinkability is pretty high. The sweet tartness will limit it some, but we're really just splitting hairs. Overall this is one fantastic beer, and one of the highlights of the night. Big thanks to Dave for sharing. Skal. (804 characters)

4.36/5  rDev -3.3%

Vintage 2007. Sampled at a private party at GABF.

Poured an amazing hazy purple with a tight pink head.

The aroma was of full brettanomyces barnyard funk, lactic acid, and faint blueberries in the background.

The flavor was moderately tart for a Cantillon beer. It had all the great tight and clean funk that makes Cantillon beers my favorite amongst the sours. The blueberry flavor was very subdued and in the background. The beer had a clean biscuity and wheaty malt backbone (very subtle, but nice).

The carbonation was high and the mouthfeel was light.

This beer was incredibly refreshing, as are all Cantillons, and extremely drinkable.

Yummy. (654 characters)

4.37/5  rDev -3.1%

*** Update after opening an '09 in Oct 2012. Been fortunate enough to try both the 2011 (b7) and 2009 (b4, I think) vintages recently. Both shared a gorgeous appearance unique to the style yet were wildly different from each other in every other regard.

The '11 emitted an exceptionally pungent aroma of fresh, juicy blueberries that would make most muffin aficionados jealous. It's on the *very* short list of aromas that would get a 10/10 from me. Taste was rather mild and boring, though. Almost watery with barely any funk or tartness.

The '09 was exactly its opposite: nose lacked depth and pungency while the taste showed matured fruits, funk, classic Cantillon acidity, and an overall level of refinement that simply isn't in the fresher bottle.

Blabaer is the perfect example of the "<girl 1>'s face on <girl 2>'s body" dilemma in beer.

*** Original review of the 2011: ***

375ml bottle split 3 ways, thanks to my new Swedish buddy! 2011 vintage.

I started trading beer specifically to acquire a bottle of Blabaer for my brother's 30th birthday last year, and although that mission was unsuccessful, it's heightened my anticipation of trying this lambic tremendously. Being the good brother I am, I saved a small pour of this for my brother (using a wine stopper) and presented it to him the next evening. Anyway, on with the review!

Deep, dark blueish/red color; almost purple. Let's make my 5th grade science teacher happy and call it indigo. Head is a similar color, and there's plenty of it.

A luscious aroma of freshly picked blueberries and wild yeast fills my nostrils. Smells like the juice from squeezing a ripe blueberry between your fingers, yet it also somehow reminds me of opening the can of tiny berries inside a box of Sarah Lee muffin mix. All I know is this smells incredible!

...but unfortunately the taste isn't on the same level. Blabaer is plenty acidic, yet only mildly sour. Most of the flavors are here, though it could use more funk and overall sourness. More depth and boldness of flavor would do wonders. Finishes a little watery. It did improve as it approached room temperature, but it wasn't served particularly cold in the first place. All three of us were equally disappointed with the taste. :(

Much like the Kate we opened immediately prior to this, Blabaer seems to suffer from hype syndrome. That said, this is still a very good lambic, and I'd love to try an older vintage.

...But honestly, I'm pretty sure I prefer Fou'Foune. (2,495 characters)

4.37/5  rDev -3.1%

Rusty golden
fluffy head
smells of sour blues and bread

taste is tart
bready too
quite wild as well but not too blue

Mouthfeel creamy
finish dry
I could drink this every Fri.

Cantillon it does the trick
when you want a special kick
super sour but not too much fruit
I'd love a case of this in my car boot (307 characters)

4.38/5  rDev -2.9%

Bottle thanks to callmemickey. I believe this is batch 4 or 5.

Pours solid purple with beautiful pink bubbly head that lingers for minutes. Aroma is easily dominated by blueberry, but has some great lemon and orange along with earthy funk/horse blanket. Taste is mild honey sweetness then great tartness. A little vanilla on the finish but then a lingering blackberry taste on the tongue. Great tartness, well balanced and good carbonation. Another incredible lambic from Cantillon. (484 characters)

look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Batch 4 375ml bottle courtesy of and split with beeruser.

Had a serious "oh shit" moment opening this beer. After he took off the cap, we could see foam coming up around the side of the cork. Oh shit... But upon removing the cork, there was delayed reaction gushing. Luckily almost all made it into our glasses, and the head settled to a 1cm crown for the duration of the experience. Very impressive, but no lace. The color was amazing. Striking deep purplish body with an almost sickly pink and purple head. Smelled like typical Cantillon funk/vinegar with blueberry, blackberry, and old shit thrown in. Yeah.
This is the first blueberry beer I've ever had where I could taste the blueberry enough to truly identify and appreciate it.
Not nearly as sour or acidic as I had expected. Classic Gueze, Kriek, and Gambrinus were more sour to me. Started out tart, and transitioned to blueberry on the finish. At least at first. Halfway through my glass, essence of citrus, earth, grapes, blueberries, and funk weaved themselves together with no regard for my dumb ass trying to keep up with it. Unbelievable complexity. Medium mouthfeel, carbonation kind of reminds your tongue of it's role in life. Smooth finish, somewhat dry, and lingers just enough for you to want another and another.

Truly amazing beer, but not one of a kind. I could (and probably will) give a review very similar to this one to Vigneronne, Classic, and especially St. Lamvinous. It's not miles ahead of any of those. But it is miles ahead of the competition. (1,531 characters)

look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Dang!

Review # 444. Huge thanks to Steasy66 for sharing this beer. I am glad that I know the right people!

Deep pink-purple hued with a light purple head. Good head and good retention. Very clean aroma with no vinegar whatsoever, an instant hit in my book. Somewhat sweet with tart and bright berry notes and only mild hints of funk.

Taste is a clean, lactic and mild sour with strong berry notes. Very very blueberry. I was pleasantly surprised that my "robust" palate could detect the blueberries, they must have used a lot!

Medium body, medium carbonation and a clean finish. Very very good.

4.5, 4, 4.5, 4.5, 4.5 (621 characters)

4.39/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

375ml

I couldn't wait to try this beer with my affinity for blueberries and Alex hooked it up yet again, thanks! I've never seen a beer pour quite like this one. The body glows rusty red with definite grape juice-like highlights throughout. Little chunks of blueberries float throughout the body and can be easily seen through the fairly clear liquid. The head is what makes this beer stand out like no other. A thick, fizzy cap has good staying power and shows off an incredible purple fizziness. I've never seen a head that's taken to the color of berries used as much as this lambic does.

The aroma is out of this world mouthwatering. There's that familiar Cantillon funkiness with all the wonderful dusty attic qualities and slight lemon acidity. Over the top of the funk are handfuls and handfuls of perfectly ripe, pungent blueberries. The funk runs deep below the blueberries and deeper pulls send off some cobwebs and wet rock with a slight wheaty twang. This doesn't have the huge funkiness of some other Cantillon products but the blueberries are showcased incredibly well.

The flavor can't quite stand up to the otherworldly aroma but comes awfully close. The blueberries aren't as vivid as the nose led me to believe but the flavor becomes more of a balance between the semi-tart blueberries and Cantillon funk. Mineral qualities abound with the always noted wet rock. Dusty barnyard aromatics more in the line of old wood than the usual horseblanket. Some lemon acidity kicks in and there's a decent amount of lactic sourness. The blueberries are still the showcase but balance more so than the aroma led me to believe.

The body is right where it should be with this lambic, light and airy. The carbonation shows a liveliness that pushed things through and manages to scrub the tongue clean for the next swig. A mild sweetness starts things off but quickly moves into the moderate tartness pushing through the finish before another quick flash of sweet counteracts the sour.

Drinkability is through the roof. It's hard to even set the glass down, which I didn't do at all but tried plenty. The tartness is super refreshing while the touch of sweetness keeps it from ravaging the tastebuds. I could drink this beer all day long if was allowed, no question.

I've been looking forward to drinking this lambic for ages now and can't thank Alex enough for sharing a bottle. Hopefully I come across more in the future. Blabaer is another homerun hit by the incredibly imaginative guys over at Cantillon, keep 'em comin'! (2,534 characters)

4.4/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Bottle into a tumbler

A Blueberry with a hind of head. Rather bubbly. Red hue down the bottom. Some sediment floating around (blueberry bits!). Little lacing. Nice purple/white head. Almost looks like blackberry.

S Blueberry and sour. On the sweet side though. Very nice. There’s the typical Cantillon funk as well. I must say, the sound of the bubble popping is very nice to listen to!

• T Blueberry (obviously). Tart/sour. Not much else there though. There’s the typical Cantilon funk taste, though I noticed that it was not as sour as their other beers…but it did become a little bit more sour as it opened up. But never near the intensity I expected. A little too one-dimensional I think, but still good.

M Medium carb. Very good. Aftertaste of blueberry builds.

O An excellent beer. But maybe the hype is a little too much? Don’t get me wrong, this is an excellent example of a sour beer, but I just don’t think it is in the top 10 beers in the world. A great beer, but it didn't blow me away. I would rate other Cantillons higher than this one. Also note that there was some sediment at the end, which was a good surprise, you could definitely see the tiny remnants of the blueberries that went into this beer. (1,235 characters)

4.42/5  rDev -2%

Batch 3 pours hazy ruby color with a thin off white head. Looks almost pink. Aroma is perfect. Blueberry, some funk, tart acidic character, and a touch more blueberry. I could just smell this all night. Medium light mouthfeel with a lot of carbonation. Flavor had blueberry, tart acid, funk, and had a nice balance between the fruit and the funk. The blueberry flavor was a little subdued on the taste. Otherwise this has got to be one of my favorites. Thanks Brad for sharing this! (482 characters)

4.42/5  rDev -2%

2010 bottle share by Darkguardian at Coffee District. This was the first time having this beer and Im glad it was a fresh, because I’ve had some aged Cantillons, which were awesome, but the fruit taste was pretty much gone. It was hard to drink this beer. First off, the blueberry and sourness in the nose was so great that I just kept smelling the beer. I was fearful that I would drink it in one shot because the smell was that good. The taste was even better. Blueberries were present but not overpowering. The tartness added some great puckering and made each sip better and better. I never pass on Cantillon and its because of beers like this one. (654 characters)

4.43/5  rDev -1.8%

2011 Version 37.5cl

A- Purple body with a nice pink head.

S- Lots of funk. Blueberries are the second smell, and you can smell the acidity as well.

T- Very sour and acidic. Also tastes of oak. I get a very minor blueberry flavor very late, but I wonder if I would notice it if I wasn't looking for the blueberries.

M- Tartness, but not nearly as sour as some other Cantillon lambics. Medium body, and perfectly carbonated.

O- Overall a really good lambic. I was a bit let down with how minimal the blueberries were though. (527 characters)

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

2009 vintage, 375ml bottle graciously shared by sarro - thanks, Kyle!

Pours a turbid, purple-hued burgundy color with a thin lavender head that hangs around the collar. Very acetic and vinegary on the nose with strong tart blueberry and cherry notes. Decent amount of funk, leather and minerality. Taste is also quite acetic with strong tart blueberry and cherry flavors along with lighter earthy funk and mineral. Pours near the bottom of the bottle have more blueberry flavor and more barnyard funk. Ample carbonation and a medium-bodied mouthfeel. Lightly sweet on the finish relative to other Cantillon lambics. Pretty drinkable - the 375 disappeared way too fast. Really great stuff overall. (697 characters)

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Graduation Sour Tasting- Split 4 ways. Batch 2009 II.

A: Pours a cranberry red color. 2 fingers of pink head that reduces to a film around the edges of the tulip glass.

S: Really love this intense blueberry and blackberry aroma. can tell there is a lot of acidity and also get some barnyard funk.

T: Lots of blueberry and nice acidity. Good sourness to this. Very well balanced, but not too complex. Very flavorful.

M: Light body with medium carbonation.

D: Very drinkable fruit lambic. Really enjoyed the blueberry aroma and flavor. (540 characters)

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Generously shared by Darren, of the Belmont crew. Always a class act.

Pours a really intriguing purple pink, and the reflected color in the head is just delightful. Just a gorgeous beer.

The smell is where the concentration gets sucked in. Fairly aggressive nose, letting loose that blue pungence, it is hard to remove ones nose from the glass.

While the smell comes off pretty strong, the taste was quite a bit more mellow to me. Not as sour as one might expect, though this was likely a more recent vintage. Nonetheless, the sourness was very pleasant, and did let the light blueberry flavor shine through, though not as strong as one might expect from this. Some heavy phenols present in this one.

Being urbanites, we all agreed that we could relate the rich funk to a phone booth, as we have few horseblankets for reference around here.

All in all, quite a satisfying beer, and a real treat. Does it live up to the hype? Welll.... grain of salt. World class beer, just not sure I would trade my little sister for one. (1,029 characters)

4.45/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

375ml bottle 5,0% Abv.
Served chilled in an over sized wine glass.
2012 Vintage.

I never thought I would actually get to try the elusive Blåbær, so a big thanks to JAXSON for hooking me up with the bottle.

Appearance: Blåbær pours a beautiful deep red/pink, with a back light even revealing some hints of purple. A rough pour yields a large pink tinted head that lasts quite well for a sour, but doesn't leave any lacing.

Smell: After my initial sniff (which was almost all funk), I was a little worried that the blueberry character was going to be obscured behind Cantillon's signature funk, but thankfully as the nose began to open up, it struck a perfect balance between juicy blueberries and funk. Notes include: Fresh juicy blueberries, berry skins, a very faint berry jam note, a vinous character, some acidic lemon notes, old wood, sweaty socks, some old cheese, musty basement and a touch of leather.

Taste: The flavour doesn't offer quite as much berry character as the nose, but the funk that replaces it is top notch. Notes include: Tart berries (a faint hint of sweetness), berry skins, a vinous note, tart lemon, some green apple peel, musty basement, old wood, sweaty socks, old hay and a hint of cheese. Interestingly there is a big blast of blueberry flavour on the burp.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied, with the faintest hint of stickiness (I love the effect the addition of fruit makes to the body of a lambic) and a medium-high level of carbonation. The beer is quite tart (not as tart as one would expect from Cantillon though) and very dry.

Overall: Blåbær is a fantastic fruit lambic, however I am not sure it is any better than Rose de Gambrinus and probably rides on its rarity to some extent. Still if I lived in Denmark, I would certainly get my limit of bottles every year! (1,814 characters)

4.46/5  rDev -1.1%

375ml bottle 2009 vintage batch 4
Thanx to however brought this to bobby's tasting
Consumed 3/11/2010

A: poured a dark purple with a pinkish head and some good lacing on the glass. There was also berry like sediments floating in the beer.

S: nice signature cantillion sour tartness with very light oaky notes with blueberries, cherries and other berries in the nose.

T: great sour tartness up front with light blueberry and raspberry flavors with pleasent dry acidity and hints of oak in the mixture.

M: medium body with good amount of carbonation and great berry slight dry finish.

D: really love sours and this beer has got to be one of my favorite beers by cantillion for sure. I hope I get a chance to have this one again. (731 characters)

4.47/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

thanks to Sean9689 for trading this treat to me!

375ml bottle; vintage 2012; batch 8.

poured into tulip glass.

Appearance: an opaque medium reddish purple bodied beer with 2 fingers of white head that drops down quickly to a thin cap.

Smell: fruity and funky sour beer with a touch of vinegar. This beer has a well balanced nose between with the fruit and the funk. Blueberry skins with musty and dusty funk.

Taste: Blueberries that are both sweet and tart. Also some notes of red berries as well. Nice oak barrel presence that is tannic and its earthy too. The funk flavor is both musty basement and wet straw. This beer has a nice sour pucker that is about a 5.5 out of 10. Tastes similiar to a sweetart candy. Finish gets much funkier as it warms...the musty funk really transforms into that horse blanket sweaty funk that Cantillion is know for. A hint of lemon, grapefruit, and berries in the finish as well.

Mouthfeel: light bodied beer with low end of moderate carbonation. The carbonation isnt as aggressive as most Cantillions that I have drank. It has more of a delicate carbonation that comes alive and epperveses as it hits your tongue. I do think that this beer could use just a little more carbonation. Semidry finish.

Overall: Yeah, this beer is wonderful. It is officially my new favorite Cantillion sour. I gotta say that its awesome to finally try this beer that I have been after for a while now. (1,423 characters)

4.47/5  rDev -0.9%

Finally! I couldn't wait any longer after getting this in a trade.
Batch 2 - 2007 - 375ml

A - Wow, I've never seen a beer this color... As I pour this deep purple lambic almost 2 fingers of pink stained tan head rises and settles after a few seconds.

S - The second I started pouring this I could smell the blueberries. When you're nose deep in the glass there is a strong acidity and a nice healthy funk, lovely barnyard and cheese.

T - Frickin' awesome. Not the sourest Cantillon I've had, but definitely packs a punch. It blend very well with the funk going on as well. The blueberries are also the most present out of Cantillon fruit lambic that I've had. It might just be in my head but I swear the blueberries also add to the sourness, as if they were picked early.

M/D - This one was carbonated pretty well and probably one of the only things I could find I didn't like about, and I was trying pretty hard.
Rarity and price aside, I could drink this any day of the year, I would just need 30 minutes to lose myself in it.

Batch 4 - 2009 - 750mL

This is a pure funk bomb, tastes like a blueberry flavored band-aid. Fruit wasn't as present as I remembered, and this bottle was fresher... Too medicinal, I'm going to knock my appearance down to account for the difference in batches. (1,294 characters)

Cantillon Blåbær Lambik from Brasserie Cantillon