Uber Weizen - Oaken Barrel Brewing Company

No picture.

pDev: n/a
Oaken Barrel Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: KarlHungus on 07-27-2005

Reviews by schoolcb:
2.44/5  rDev n/a

Out of the six beers I was able to sample, this one was my least favorite and that was dissappointing as wheat beers are one of my favorite styles. Poured a cloudy pale yellow, with a decent head. Aroma of clove. Flavor of clove, slight hint of banana, but there was also a sharp phenolic bite that did not belong in this beer. Medium bodied (I would have expected lighter for a wheat beer). I don't know if it was dirty beer lines or if this batch is off, but based on the other beers would say this flaw was not the brewers fault. I hope to have a chance to get out here and try this one on tap again in the future. (617 characters)

2.07/5  rDev n/a

From a brewery that has a Belgian White and the "Uber"weizen on tap, I was a little surprised at this beer.

Appearance was the first to throw me off, my glass was full to the brim with no head, no lacing.

Smell was very fruity, with the bannana and clove overpowering any malt or hop scents.

Taste was very sweet, with a slight lactic tinge. I didn't find a spiciness I was hoping for, or any hops to balance out the sweetness of the beer. This was nearly tart bannana-clove malt kool-aid.

Mouthfeel was hard to judge, as this beer was flat. I don't know if they're selling it too quickly to give it time to carbonate, or the lines were dirty that night, but I wasn't too impressed either way. (699 characters)

3.93/5  rDev n/a

Enjoyed on tap last night at the brewery.

A: Pours a cloudy gold/orange color with less than a finger of head that stayed for most of the weizen glass.

S: Wheat and lemon, and a nice grapefruit smell about halfway down.

T: Very very nice on the palate. Nice crisp bite upon first taste with hints of citrus. Slightly sweet but with a rather nice wheat tart to go with it.

M: Low carbonation but well balance with the sweet and tartness.

D: I would def. drink this again. I was a big fan of last night and will be filling a growler of it soon. (562 characters)

2.15/5  rDev n/a

Pours a cloudy orange color with a small white head that recedes quickly. The aroma is of oranges. It is pleasant, but not strong enough to be great. The taste is of nothing more than foamy water. Very airy. The mouthfeel is very thin and watery. Overall, this beer was an utter disappointment after the other great beers I had at Oaken Barrel. (344 characters)

4.5/5  rDev n/a

Had on tap at the Oaken Barrel Brewing Company's restaurant/brewpub, Monday, April 6th, 2009.

Pours a very nice cloudy/unfiltered golden straw color with some very thick head and excellent lacing. Very sweet malty/wheaty aroma with excellent banana and clove characteristics, with a hint of citrus. Great taste, nice thick wheat taste with a nice banana/clove flavor (without being overpowering, a problem I have with some wheat beers); it has a great Hallertau hop taste in the finish. Goes down great, smooth and crisp. I'm not sure why this had such a bad score, except that possibly the 2007 batch wasn't near as good as this one. (635 characters)

3/5  rDev n/a

Uber Weizen from Oaken Barrel Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.