König Ludwig Weiss (Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen) - Kaltenberg International / König Ludwig International GmbH & Co.KG

König Ludwig Weiss (Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen)König Ludwig Weiss (Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen)

Kaltenberg International / König Ludwig International GmbH & Co.KG visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 07-07-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of König Ludwig Weiss (Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen) Alström Bros

Bavoo, Sunday at 09:22 PM

JonWath, Oct 01, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +11%

krampert11, Sep 29, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +24%

Best by date of 08.15.14.
Poured from a pint bottle into a weizen glass on 03.25.14.

A: Straw yellow. Yeast at top. 1/4 finger head.

S: Lemon, wheat, clove.

T: Lemon dominates. Orange, wheat are there too. Banana, sweet clove are more subtle.

M: Creamy smooth.

O: This had a very sweet aftertaste, which I liked. The flavors were strong too, compared to more watery hefs. This seemed like a cross between a Paulaner and an Ayinger. It had the orange of a Paulaner and the lemon of the Ayinger. I would put this into rotation if I could find it easily.

Rating: A

4.12/5  rDev +7.6%

whipp75, Sep 18, 2014

wrecknut, Sep 14, 2014
3.8/5  rDev -0.8%

I picked up a bottle of Kaltenberg International's König Ludwig Weiss last week for $1.69 at The Lager Mill. IT's been awhile since I've had a German Made Hefeweizen and I thought I would take a chance on this one, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 330ml bottle into a Weizen glass.

A- The label looks good, it's got a classy and traditional look to it, I think it's a little eye catching. It poured a very cloudy slightly pale yellow color that took on more of golden color when held tot he light with four fingers worth of fluffy and creamy white head that died down to a thin layer that stayed till the end and it left some nice rings of lacing behind. This was a good looking beer and It's exactly how I expect a traditional example of the style to look like.

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness with a nice fruity aroma being the first to show up and it imparts some nice banana and apple like aromas with the banana sticking out the most and there's also a slight pear aroma showing up. Up next comes some clove aromas that lead right in to the wheat that imparts some nice wheaty, light sweet malt and light bready like aromas. This beer had a nice aroma that's just what I expect from the style.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma, but it seems to be a little lighter and it starts off with a medium amount of sweetness with the wheat being the first to show up this time and it imparts the same aspects that they did in the aroma, but this time the sweet malts sticking out just a little more. Up next comes the fruits which are the same as they were in the aroma with the banana still sticking out the most by a little. On the finish comes a light clove flavor with no bitterness and it had a wheat, banana and light clove like aftertaste. This was a nice tasting Hefeweizen that is pretty much what I would expect from the style.

M- Smooth, a little creamy, a little crisp, on the light side of being medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer had a nice mouthfeel that worked well with it.

Overall I thought this was a nice and nice example of the style, it had pretty much everything that I expect from a Heffeweizen and it had that good drinkability that all the traditional German made ones seem to have. This beer had good drinkability, it was smooth, a little creamy, a little crisp, not filling and the taste did a nice job at holding my attention, I could see myself drinking a couple of these especially on a warmer day. What I like the most about this beer was that it was just good traditional Hefe that was nice and drinkable. What I liked the least about this beer was nothing, there isn't anything that I disliked or would change. I would buy this beer again when in the mood for the style and I think it's priced nicely. I would recommend this beer to anyone who is a fan of the style. All in all I was happy with this beer and it delivered pretty much just what I would want and expect from the style. It isn't my favorite of the style, but it's up there as one of the better one I've had. This beer made for a good first impression for this brewery and I would be interested in trying more of their beers. Good job guys, this was a nice beer, keep up the hard work.

StoutHunter, Sep 13, 2014

very tasty wheetbeer!

k3ve, Sep 01, 2014
3.8/5  rDev -0.8%

Mpenders, Aug 31, 2014
König Ludwig Weiss (Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen) from Kaltenberg International / König Ludwig International GmbH & Co.KG