Old Salty Barleywine 2004 - Heavyweight Brewing Co.

Old Salty Barleywine 2004Old Salty Barleywine 2004

Heavyweight Brewing Co. visit their website
New Jersey, United States

English Barleywine |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-30-2004)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by gbarron:
gbarron

Georgia

3.8/5  rDev -2.3%

From a 12 oz. bottle, 2004 edition.

A - deep, dark caramel, mahogany. Head is massive as the beer is grossly overcarbonated. Rocky, off-white, large bubbles. Lacing is extensive and head retention excellent, despite the beer's alcohol content.

S - rich, malty, sweet aromas fill my nose. Hints of plums, raisins, over-ripe dark fruits. Candy sugar. Very little hop aroma and strong notes of higher alcohols. Smells like an English-style barleywine.

T - initially very sweet and syrupy, malty. Followed by a decent amount of bitterness but little hop flavor. Reminiscient of a fine port, sherry, or fortified wine. Slightly tangy, lots of rich, deep dark malt and fruit flavors. Old, bruised pears, fermented raisins. Balance is respectable in this beer, but tilts decidedly towards malt with an almost total absence of hops save for the IBU's. Tasty.

M - a thick bodied brew, slightly syrupy but not over the top, leaves some sweet stickiness in your mouth. However, I have to take a significant deduction because every bottle from this four-pack has been very overcarbonated, almost over flowing from the bottle after opening. If you pour it into a glass and let it sit a 10 minutes or so, it dies down. But it is a serious distraction. Noticeable alcohol warming.

D - I love English barleywines and this one is top notch flavor/aroma-wise. Have to take off points, though, due to the carbonation problems mentioned above. Try it while you can still find some.

07-11-2006 14:31:05 | More by gbarron
merlin48

Kentucky

4.08/5  rDev +4.9%

Served into a tulip glass at cellar temperature. Wow! Serious overcarbonation here. Enormous, beige head takes up 90% of the glass, and overflows onto the table even with a third of the 12 oz bottle poured. A slightly hazed copper body is finally revealed, with large clumps of foam sticking to the sides of the glass.
Interesting, and complex aroma is fruity with citrusy orange, caramelized apples, subdued grassy hops, and a suggestion of ethanol burn.
Mouthfeel is very highly carbonated with a medium body. Slight alcohol burn, but somehow manages a pleasing smoothness.
Taste is malty, with syrupy fried or caramelized apples, some dry orangepeel, and grassy hops. Finishes dry, but with some mouth coating syrupiness.
Good drinkability with plenty of complexity. Challenger hops and Lyles Golden Syrup are among the ingredients listed on the label. Nice take on an English barleywine, and an excellent winter warmer.

02-20-2005 00:11:57 | More by merlin48
warriorsoul

3.88/5  rDev -0.3%

Thanks to Cornboy for this one....
Pours a deep, dark amber w/ an unbelievably amount of head...I believe it is actually increasing as time goes by...sounds like a bowl of Rice Krispies in my snifter. Lacing is a carbonated mess on the side of the glass.
Spiced hop aroma hits the nose first, followed by vanilla and just a touch of alcohol. At warming, it hits like a root beer float....yummy.
The flavor is nice...a unique take on the style. A very malty barleywine...taking the front seat w/ the hops hanging out in the back. Again, very slight alcohol detected...gives me a "warming" sensation almost immediately.
Carbonation is perfect and the mouthfeel is splendid...although no one flavor is jumping out at me, it is well balanced and fairly drinkable.
I would recommend and will try this one again.

04-03-2005 01:56:34 | More by warriorsoul
WVbeergeek

West Virginia

4.53/5  rDev +16.5%

I remember trying this beer last year around this time and I also recall being underwhelmed compared to the two Old Salty's before this one. Appearance: Lively carbonation is evident on the pour so take your time and tilt that glass the body appears ruby plum brown hue slightly opaque with cloudiness from the bottle conditioning forms quite a thicket of foam two fingers plus has a chunky texture to it, and as it slowly dwindles down lacing is left unevenly around my chalice. Aroma: After aging for a year hops do mellow a bit deep alcohol and fruit tones mix with a hoppy edge of pine and grassy notes with a somewhat tart and vinous malt profile. Taste: Big flavor with piney, earthy hops and big juicy alcohol soaked overly ripened fruit meet to wow the senses. It all melds into one flavor very warming still a bit rough around the edges, but much better than it was a year ago. Mouthfeel: Succulent with carbonation lively enought to have to let mellow after decapping, it was a bit syrupy very big body. Drinkability: Tom Baker always has an interesting way of portraying his art Old Salty 04 is no different, a bit heavy on carbonation but flavor and aromatics are all representative of a great barleywine.

12-11-2005 07:45:12 | More by WVbeergeek
Sammy

Ontario (Canada)

3.63/5  rDev -6.7%

Promise of a good brew with barley, roastiness, chocolate malts. Very nice dark appearance. But the second Heavyweight I have had, and I am underwhelmed by the sourness, and in this case heavy saltiness.. Ok in aftertaste. Needs more malty taste to cover up. Or some other good taste. Thanks Lubiere for sending.

10-16-2005 16:24:54 | More by Sammy
NeroFiddled

4.5/5  rDev +15.7%

The 2004 Old Salty is a little more fruity and alcoholic than the previous vintages were. It doesn't have quite the same, direct, 'all about the malt' quality... and that's odd, because this year was supposed to be all about bumping up the malt! In fact, the Salty Dog is trying to jam just one more bag of malt into the bottle on the label! Or, perhaps it has something to do with the addition of the Lyle's Golden syrup. I think so, but who really knows? Maybe Tom. Regardless, it's left with a bit more complexity, which is nice.

It delivers the same appearance as it has in the past, and it maintains a decent collar. As usual, it's alcohol cuts down on its leaving lace about the glass, but it does put out some effort aroud the collar.

The nose offers a whiff of spicy alcohol over a finely entwined combination of caramelish malt and yeasty fruitiness (run soaked blackberries; oily raisins; figs; and plums). It's almost like some kind of candy! And some leafy and grassy hops do try to make an appearance, but they're basically relegated to the back of the room until later notice.

In the mouth it's supremely supple and smooth like a worn leather chair at the end of a long day. The medium-full body and restrained, natural carbonation massage the tongue lightly, and then simply disappear.

The alcohol returns in the flavor, but actually acts as a catalyst to liven it's fruity and malty sides. It perks everything up with a touch of pepper; and the dark-fruit (that borders on becoming slightly vinous) and light caramel combination is splendid. Some leafy and grassy hops again sneak in, but don't really appear until the finish along with a note of dark cherry that's oh-so-nice.

In essence, the 2004 is softer, but hotter... and fortunately a touch more complex and fruity... but only time will tell where this one will go. It's not my favorite year because of the heat, but it's still very good.

08-04-2005 14:51:45 | More by NeroFiddled
beerluvr

Ontario (Canada)

3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

Pours with a modest yet fine bubbled creamy off white head settling over hazy amber/red liquid. Dark fruity nose with alcoholic fumes in back of them, fruity yeast esters in here too. Taste is...well let's just say there's some alcohol in this young bad boy ok? Hot, young and brash in it's potentcy, but not a bad thing. Also a good dose of candyish sweetness, caramel, cookie-like doughiness, fruit, and very sufficient hoppiness combine for an over the top flavor profile. As mentioned in earlier reviews, this will age like a dream! Finishes long bitter and powerful...just give it some time to mellow out.

I'm sure that as it ages,the somewhat lower marks for smell, mouthfeel & drinkability I initially gave it will rise...it's just too "new".

11-06-2004 01:58:41 | More by beerluvr
bditty187

Nebraska

3.68/5  rDev -5.4%

Hazy, orangey, brown in hue with a hint of copper. The head was beige in color; at its highest point the foam was only one finger. Head retention was fair; it faded quickly to a thin, soapy collar, largely naked in the middle. This little collar did last forever. The subsequent lacing was unimpressive; I could count… yep, three little globs. That is hardly noteworthy. Decent appearance. The nose lacks potency. I love Barleywines with a loud speaking voice. Oh well. On top of that, I can’t say this beer is very articulate either. I get lots of hints but no full on sentences. There are some suggestions of plums, dates, and caramel candy, sour wood with a smattering of spicy alcohol. Without question this beer is an English Barleywine because the malt smell deep and the hops don’t speak up. For the style the bouquet is lackluster, kind of thin with a kiss of metal at the end. So-so. The palate has the potency that the nose was lacking. With that said this beer is a bit heavy-handed and not in that charming kind of way. There are plenty of yummy qualities; I really like the deep, dark fruity taste with kisses of melons, raisins, dates, figs, and apples. In the middle, a smack of sweetness broadsides me. Whoa! I need a breather. Sip. Sip. Sip. I realize this is English and all but how about a little more hops for balance. A blast of bitterness after that sweetness would really kick ass. Caramel is good but caramel followed by some Fuggles hops is better! At the finish the sweetness continues and some butterscotch is now in the mix. This is a lazy beer; it really needs some hoppiness both in flavor and in bitterness. It would be good with cheese I would think, something soft and creamy (and equally lazy). However the carbonation is a bit low and I would also think the fat could not be removed and this would deaden the beer. Maybe all is not lost as all there is a sweetness and fruit. My review might sound “negative” but this is a solid Barleywine. Medium-full in body, the carbonation is low and sluggish which produces a mouthfeel that is laboring. Hot aftertaste. I can feel the alcohol on my brain and in my belly, which is okay with me. This beer is drinkable but I am very picky with Barleywines. I’d like more bite, more pizzazz, and less sweetness. What I am about to say might be sacrilegious… I cut the last 3-ounces with about 1-ounce of SA Triple Bock. Damn that combination was tasty! I made SA Triple Bock Light. HA! Whatever… It was yummy. I started craving havarti cheese. Excellent. Thanks shippos, I enjoyed this beer), I’m glad you including this dandy in the Secret Bunny Exchange!

04-19-2005 00:57:17 | More by bditty187
oxmasterscream

3.58/5  rDev -8%

Appearance: Looks like a glass of murky, unfiltered iced tea. Head is a simple, nearly non-existent ring.

Smell: Just out of the fridge, big brown sugar smells combined with sour fruits, some spice and big-time phenols.

Taste: A flash of brown sugar, some sour fruits and a harsh alcohol burn followed by a well-rounded bitterness. A lingering sweetness competes with a long-lasting bitterness. Hints of vanilla toward the end of the glass. Seems to taste a hell of a lot like Baltus OVS. A little harsh fresh... perhaps some time will do this one well.

Mouth: Barely carbonated. Thick and malty full.

Drinkability: Just ok fresh. I won't be racing back to my 4 pack for more just yet. Maybe in a year, my opinions will change. There are other barleywines I'd much rather be drinking fresh right now.

12-18-2004 21:50:23 | More by oxmasterscream
Phyl21ca

Quebec (Canada)

3.85/5  rDev -1%

Bottle: Poured a deep mahogany color barleywine with a medium off-white foamy head with good retention. Aroma of plums and prunes with some sweet caramel malt. Taste is quite sweet but not disgustingly so with some nice touch of plums and prunes. Hops are clearly present bit not overpowering on the sweet caramel malt. Body is above average but could be a bit more full. Alcohol is well hidden. Overall a very good barleywine but missing some character to make this a truly great beer.

07-06-2006 17:20:58 | More by Phyl21ca
BrewMan13

4.18/5  rDev +7.5%

Has a head like I've never seen...I had to pour it into a weizen glass so it didnt overflow. Must have taken 20mins to pour it. Which is conveniently the time it takes to warm to ideal serving temp, but not too much. Appearance is just barely see-through, otherwise a dark burnt umber. But no beer should have a head that big, so I deducted just a tad for appearance.
This is one dense beer flavor-wise. There is no doubt this is an English-style b-wine as it is just packed with sweet malty goodness which stops just shy of cloying. Alcohol is unlisted--but is somewhere between 9-12% according to their site---and you definitely notice as you get a nice tummy warming. Perhaps a tad bit of alcohol in the taste, and it becomes slightly more noticeable as it warms. A very slight toastiness at the finish. This thing is just dense malt--and I love it--I'm really liking Heavyweight lately.
Definitely a filling beer (I'm drinking mine now after a dinner of gnocchi--sorry stomach ;)
Even a fan of big beers like myself would never drink more then 1 of these a night---its too dense and high in alcohol. But I seriously liek this and my hats off to Tom and Peggy for brewing such a flavor packed brew in this day and age. Just another thing I love about craft beer...Cheers!
(hmm, I wonder if I said dense enough times...)

04-15-2005 03:47:04 | More by BrewMan13
SixpointJMH

3.38/5  rDev -13.1%

Saw this one in the store the other day and realized that I hadn't sampled the '04 batch yet. How it slipped by me for so long is beyond me but it did. Old Salty '04 pours a murky iced tea amber-brown colour. The head is basically non-existent here. Appearance is above average at best.

The smell is much better: alcohol hits immediately and mixes with wet wood, a touch of bubblegum, some juicy berry notes and other sweetness as well.

The flavour, while nice and full, is not as well balanced as the smell. Sweetness and fruit/bubblegum flavours are minimal to nonexistent. What donimates here is an earthy burnt malt flavour mixed with a heavier dose of alcohol than expected. The finish is very dry and tart. Mouthfeel is sharp and packs a bite but remains smooth at the same time. It just seemed to be a bit too much all over the map for me. Still good, but could have been better. It's probably my least favourite of the Old Salty series thusfar.

04-28-2005 02:06:48 | More by SixpointJMH
Erix

Vermont

3.65/5  rDev -6.2%

Pint glass from bottle
Appearance: Hm.. I wish I didnt have to do it, but when I opened my bottle, the head slowly started growing out, like a mutant brain or alien slime in a 50s horror film. Took quite a while to pour the whole thing, as it left behind a nice, if massive, off white rocky head. Probably the nicest (if also excessive) feature in the appearance, as the body was a murky, almost opaque brown, not too unlike the bottom of a jug of cider. Oh well.
Smell: Malt. Doesnt smell spoiled, so I think that this beer was just plain overcarbonated. I get plum, and a kinda musty sourness. I get a little alcohol too, but it mixes into an interesting dark fruit odor. Hmm...
Taste: Malt here! Much better than I was expecting from the smell! The maltiness follows through in a good way, and there is actually a little bit of hop character there to try to tame the malt. As if that would be possible. A maltster's answer to the IIPA. That plum is still there, but now mixed with some rasin, and a slightly more than healthy dose of alcohol.
Mouthfeel: Warm. I guess thats what Coors Light mean.. this beer feels very warm and flavorful, so I guess their beer is the opposite. Anyways, the alcohol contributes some burn here, which I think the sweetness of the malt only heightens. You can really feel the thickness of the sugars dissolved in each bottle!
Drinkability: For how much malt and alcohol (I'm assuming) this beer has, it is relatively easy drinking. I'm just sipping it for sure, but it does seem to make you thirsty for more as you sip. Of course I don't want more than one right now, but what do you expect from a barley wine.
This beer really needs to age. I'd love to try this vintage in a year or two, but malt on a Maltese falcon! This stuff if still going to be pretty absurd.

01-30-2005 03:47:17 | More by Erix
meathookjones

4.72/5  rDev +21.3%

Muddy looking dark reddish brown with a smallish of white head that holds tight. Sweet ripe fruits fill the aroma. Notes of sweet syrup, alcohol and a light musty earth mix in well. Big fruit sweetness over a syrupy back drop. This is definitely a complex malt pack beer if I ever had one. Light caramel and some earthiness. Alcohol is there but not overwhelming but just right. Plenty of over little complexities in there. Lightly bitter and sweet fruity finish with a touch of must. Perfect at room temperature. Pretty damn thick and sticky sweet. Drinkable as hell too. I remember it being good when it was released but it is excellent now, wish I would have bought a case or two.

09-13-2005 20:09:07 | More by meathookjones
ppoitras

12oz bottle purchased somewhere, I forget where... Bottle begins to slowly foam out the neck after uncapping.

Carefully poured in a Rapscallion glass, 3" of foam over 1" of clear coppery amber brew. It is obvious that drinking will not be happening anytime soon, as the head is falling V-E-R-Y slowly, leaving sporadic rocky lacing. Nose is heavily malty, with dark fruits, and alcohol. Taste is sweet malts, with a somewhat earthy note, and then lots of fruity alcohol. Mouthfeel and drinkability are along the lines for the style, and this is a nice representation of an English-style barleywine.

11-03-2005 00:55:18 | More by ppoitras
ygtbsm94

01-10-2012 08:22:23 | More by ygtbsm94
faernt

4.08/5  rDev +4.9%

I'm drinking this young. I'll try to get another to age but I was in an "I'm curious for a new barleywine" mood. It pours with a one inch head which hisses as I fill the glass. I can't get all of the 12 oz into a glass that usually takes 12 oz. I start to pour again and the sediment has become suspended in the remainder and I stop. I decide to take the yeast hit and wow! what a sweetie....it's a malty one as promised.
The yeast hit aside I go back to looking at this pour. The head has calmed down and rests pillowy with fine bubbles and dense lacing on the sides of the glass. It certainly looks well made. It's a dark copper under the ivory head. Second look...the head looks more like slightly toasted merangue.
The first taste is again sweet but not that of the yeast hit. The head is creamy and is simultaneously with the taste a beguiling combination. I like the multiple sense experience.
This is a dessert barleywine now. I'd try it with flourless chocolate cake. It's still almost too sweet now. I wonder if it will gain portlike characteristics over time. Thanks Ted S for the sample.

12-19-2004 03:15:02 | More by faernt
jdhilt

New Hampshire

4.1/5  rDev +5.4%

Pours with a one-finger, light tan head that fades quickly and leaves no lace. Cloudy amber color. Good carbonation. Nose is sweet malt. Starts and finishes smooth and sweet, high ABV is in background. Medium bodied. Good alternative to DFH Olde School. $2.99 for a 12oz bottle from Julio's Westborough, Ma.

01-10-2006 23:22:52 | More by jdhilt
goodbyeohio

Oregon

3.93/5  rDev +1%

bought a 4pk of this beer for a friend at work who is referred to as 'old salty,' kept one for myself.

cloudy reddish-orange.. somewhat murky and lacking any head other than the expected bubble ring from a barleywine. aroma is super-malty as promised.. with some real off-notes. something fishy, maybe sweaty? hints of bacterial tartness, like a lambic? all this behind burnt-sugar molasses type maltiness? wtf? i am dreading the first sip.

raisiny malt in the first sip and a hint of something soapy.. light overall with a slight alcohol burn that really doesn't interfere. further, less cautious sips kick that alcohol up, approaching lighter fluid status. i knew i should have held this bottle for a couple years (joe at spuyten duyvil informed me of the 01 and 02 current popularity) but i didn't listen. buyer beware.. if you don't have a cellar.. dogfish this one up (bury it outside in the yard).

very sweet and reaching sherry-like vinousness at an early age. this will be a funky ass yet smooth brew when it's about 4 or 5, and i would love to revisit it then. for now, not bad.. but this has potential.

like licking a cake batter-covered spoon.

08-17-2005 15:47:35 | More by goodbyeohio
Sixpoint

3.33/5  rDev -14.4%

Had this one on-tap at Spuyten Duvyil.

The beer poured a turbid brown color; very murky and mysterious.

The aroma was unique; absolutely no trace of hops in this one. Molasses, raisins, toffee. Brown sugar and maybe a bit of maple syrup? A very malt-infused MASSIVE blast to the nose.

The aroma was definitely a prelude of what was to come. No bitterness evident.... malt, malt, malt! MALT! The only bitterness derived was a twinge of alcohol, and perhaps a slight contribution from dark or roasted malts. Otherwise, it was all malt, baby.

The beer was full-bodied and slightly carbonated, and left a lingering cloying sweetness in the aftertaste.

Overall, not my type of barleywine. I just had a bigfoot the other day, and even thought it might seem cliche, you gotta love the hoppy barleywines. Go American!

07-27-2005 02:09:03 | More by Sixpoint
WesWes

2.93/5  rDev -24.7%

The beer pours a nice ruby red color with a huge offwhite head that slowly fades to lacing. The aroma is decent. It has a very rich malty scent that boasts of pale and loads of crystal malts. It also has a not so great hop aroma that is grapefruit-like. The taste is average. It has a very bland malt flavor that is complex, but not very tastey. The hop flavor is subpar also. The mouthfeel is average. It is a full bodied beer with more than adequate carbonation. This is probably the worst barleywine I've ever had. The hop characteristics are terrible. I also has a bad malt bill. It time for the drain pour.

04-03-2005 00:45:45 | More by WesWes
crookedhalo

3.83/5  rDev -1.5%

Pours a hazed tawny copper color with a volcanic beige head. I poured about 4 oz. into a 12 oz. snifter and it took up the whole space. As the head subsides, a quick swirl brings back a good inch of head. My understanding it that the bottles are hit or miss in the carbonation department. Rich and extremely malty with an equally extreme hop character (Challenger). Sticky and sweet, with a decent bitterness and a long alcohol-laden finish. You know you're getting tipsy off of this one. The higher carbonation level seems to enhance the alcohol punch. Certainly a sipper and works great as a nightcap or a warmer on a cold winter night. The bottle's not bad, it was much better and smoother on-cask.

02-17-2005 08:17:41 | More by crookedhalo
TheLongBeachBum

4.38/5  rDev +12.6%

Presentation: Stubby 12 ounce bottle with Bill Coleman’s inimitable artwork on the label per previous years. Lots of space is devoted to the Nanny States Warning, some generic description of the brew and simply no information at all relating to the strength of this one. The artwork is rather cool though.

Appearance: Rust bloom orange mixes with a murky deep ruddy body. Backlit, it flashes a turbid ruby with some deep kriek redness. Tan colored head builds well but soon relaxes to leave a decent halo that is several bubbles deep but never manages more than the look of a thick rim. Ultra fine carbonation looks fantastic when the glass is gently tipped.

Nose: Rummy nose, warm malt-soaked alcohols, bourbon barrels and mashed plums. Spicy hops break through at times. Initially a sharp nose that works well towards a much smoother rounded ending.

Taste: Sweet, throughout. Minimal but omni-present alcohol feel, rum and raisin mixes with a thick breaded middle. Crumb laden finish has a lingering dark rum alcohol ending. Massive malt feel, the hops are there but they seem completely engaged in the Ying & Yang struggle for balance, it works to a certain extent, but the malts win through and lend most of the characteristics to this fine English style Barleywine. After a few mouthfeels the alcohol develops and acts like a solvent spreading the lower flavors; berries, fruitcake, dark malts, all sorts of exotic spices and a flash of the warm crackling oak burning fire wedged into a traditional English inglenook. Tasty stuff, that seems to be working through its youth just fine.

Mouthfeel: The pour was rather viscous; in fact it oozed rather than poured out. This comes across thick in the mouth too; low carbonation still contributes a lot to the presence. Smooth and boozy but not overpowering. Lovely fireside finish goes well with hot toasted Cinnamon & Raisin English Muffins.

Drinkability: Not exactly a quaffer but I did not put up much of fight and managed the whole bottle in a rather embarrassingly short time. Makes a terrific nightcap!!

Overall: Super stuff, highly enjoyable and if you get the lucky chance to get a few of these I would strongly suggest sticking away one for a cold day, I’m sure your patience will be adequately rewarded.

Thanks to little –e for this most gracious gift that packs quite the ‘Heavyweight’ punch.

07-12-2005 06:20:29 | More by TheLongBeachBum
lackenhauser

Maryland

3.15/5  rDev -19%

Poured a murky brown color. Decent carbonation level and a nice head that leaves some good lacing. Malty aroma,slightly sweet. Somewhat phenolic and yeasty. Phenolic up front. Almsot Belgian like. Not sure what yeast they use but its a very dominant flavor. Some sweetness in the finish. Big full body Only an average beer overall. Might mellow out and mature some with age. I wonder how much sugar is added. Reading the label there are a lot of other fermentables in there with the malt. Theres a lot of other barleywines Id grab first.

12-21-2004 01:30:38 | More by lackenhauser
yen157

4.22/5  rDev +8.5%

Fairly vigorous pour gives it a stable, orange-tinged tan head. Only 2/3 of the bottled was poured, so it’s a crystal clear deep orange-amber with very few visible streams of carbonation. Rich, sweet nose with notes of overripe plums and hard orange candy. Spicy, boozy alcohol is also present. At times a faint whiffs of smoked bacon, too. Hmm… Spicy alcohol teams up with the noticeable hop bite (rather rare for Heavyweight) to counter the huge, yet slick malt. Not cloying by any stretch of the imagination. Carbonation is low, so this beer is very slick and quaffable which is dangerous since every sip leaves the palate and throat glowing from the alcohol. The flavors start getting awkward when it gets too warm; IMO this is best consumed at cellar temperature.

This is a great barleywine now that it has a few months on it. I hope it achieves the superior greatness the 2001 (which was its inspiration) after a few years.

03-25-2005 19:15:20 | More by yen157
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Old Salty Barleywine 2004 from Heavyweight Brewing Co.