Chocolate Chocolate Orange Porter - Stoudts Brewing Co.

Chocolate Chocolate Orange Porter
No picture uploaded.

Stoudts Brewing Co. visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Porter |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Rifugium on 06-28-2011)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Dana718

11-04-2012 05:37:16 | More by Dana718
Rifugium

3.43/5  rDev -7.8%

First had: on gravity cask at Monk's, Philly, PA

I actually went to Monk's specifically for this beer, when I received word of it in the email. Well, I figured even if it's not as good as it sounds, it's still a trip to Monk's.

So I got there just as they were getting the cask set up, and I probably got the first or second pour. Presented in a pint glass, this beer was pitch black, with little to no carbonation or head. Oily streaks left on the glass instead of lace. The aroma kind of made me feel disappointed right off the bat, because it lacked the richness I'd expect from a "chocolate chocolate" anything. Some chocolate in the nose, but mostly fruit sweetness from the orange, and not very acidic or zesty, but like I said, sweet. The taste as well, was not incredible rich, but it was very smooth and flavorful, with notes of sweet orange juice, dark malts, raisins, figs, and an infusion of semisweet chocolate. Interesting, but not as good as I was hoping for. Medium mouthfeel, smooth, and not thick at all. Quite drinkable, but after one serving, I didn't really want more.

Serving type: cask

06-28-2011 03:31:25 | More by Rifugium
Chocolate Chocolate Orange Porter from Stoudts Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.