Rockhopper Import Lager - Cervecera CCU Chile Ltda

Rockhopper Import LagerRockhopper Import Lager

poor

Cervecera CCU Chile Ltda visit their website
Chile

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Todd on 07-08-2003)
Reviews by Todd:
Todd

Colorado

2.58/5  rDev +38.7%

12oz brown bottle. Freshness stamped on the back.

Bright, pale golden colour topped with a thin wisp white head. Cooked veggies and light notes of grain in the aroma, bland and uninviting.

Creamy mouthfeel from the crisp and active carbonation that freshens the palate. An acrid bitterness of lime splashes about with notes of salt ... thin sweetness underneath, with grain flavours, a slight breadiness, pronounced metallic flavours and a background of dimethyl sulfide (corn), but nothing overpowering. Finishes with a residual sweetness and fading bitterness.

Not bad. A refreshing Chilean lager, nothing more or less. I obtained this sample prior to talks of US distribution ... not sure if the US will ever see this, but it would make a nice alternative in Chilean restaurants.

07-08-2003 15:29:51 | More by Todd
GCBrewingCo

2.08/5  rDev +11.8%

The beer poured pale golden straw with odd suspended particulates that are large and fluffy (very weird in appearance). The head was white and fell back quickly.

The aroma was cidery and fruity.

The flavor was cidery and fruity with slight malt presence. Not crisp at all.

The finish was off dry but not unpleasant. The body was thin and watery.

12 ounce bottle.

02-17-2004 00:15:01 | More by GCBrewingCo
TinusTime

1.3/5  rDev -30.1%

I got a sample of this "beer" from Chile as they wanted to promote it in the area at a "Rock bottom" price. What happened next has never happened before or after. ...
The bottle poured the nice deep straw colour of your average lager. Nothing outstanding on the nose, but nothing offensive either,
TASTE--- the taste was one of the worst I have ever had.. I dont know if the beer was past its prime, had gone bad or what. It tasted like the beer slurry that you find on bar mats at the end of the night mixed with a hint of battery acid for good measure. I took one sip and then another, then spit it out and dumped out the swill. If this is Chiles answer to beer I will stick with Pisco. The mouthfeel was about like drinking bleach but not quite as refreshing. As for drinkability -- I have never before had a beer that i could not at least finish one of, and ive had some pretty shite beer over the years.. A warm Beast lite is better than this was. Please stay away from the rock hopper!!!!

08-23-2003 20:37:26 | More by TinusTime
Higravity

1.48/5  rDev -20.4%

Bottled date on bottle 6-6-04.

They were selling this for 50 cents a beer at the local beer store and a $12 a case it was a steal as I usually keep something at the house to satisfy my friends who always want to steal my homebrew. Well for a beer that is only about 4 months old this is awful. Slight citrus smell watery body and a little hint of hops. After my first couple of sips I picked up the glass to notice the color and there was shit floating in my beer. I picked some out to try and figure it out. Is it pieces of citrus fruit? Is it mold? I'm not drinking this beer anymore, not out of fear but it now makes all to much sense why a beer that is new to my store is selling at 50 cents a bottle. I looked at several other bottles all had shit floating in them. I plan on taken this back to the store and getting another case of local quality.

STAY AWAY FROM THE ROCKHOPPER!!!

10-21-2004 13:57:26 | More by Higravity
Rockhopper Import Lager from Cervecera CCU Chile Ltda
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.