YuleSmith (Summer) - AleSmith Brewing Company

YuleSmith (Summer)YuleSmith (Summer)

AleSmith Brewing Company visit their website

Availability: Summer

Beer added by: xlperro on 11-24-2002

Lots of hops with a nice malty backbone on this one. It is released twice yearly; once in the Summer and once in the late Fall / early Winter. Winter bottles have green & red ink, Summer is blue & red. There is a variation in the malt bill for each version.
Reviews: 912 | Hads: 1,724
4.84/5  rDev +13.9%

Summer Yulesmith out of the bottle into a snifter it is very golden with little head. the smell is quite powerful with a strong grapefruit scent. very smooth, light carbonation. starts out smooth and after the swallow the hop bitterness hits you and lingers. after drinking the regular IPA i was not sure how Alesmith could make a double IPA but they did it, and to perfection. I can taste the hops minutes after the last drink. the back of my mouth almost tingles. smashing success! (483 characters)

Winter 2006 and 2007 Release

Drank the 2007 from a snifter glass

A - Amber-copper colored ale with a creamy tan head. Cloudy, as you would expect from a bottle-conditioned ale. Real cloudy if you pour all of yeast from the bottom of the bottle into your glass.

S - Aroma of grapefruit/floral hops and some pine notes.

T - Massive flavor but with great balance. The sweetness of the malt on the tongue is very well balanced (perfectly balanced to my taste) by the hops. In spite of having a considerable amount of hops, the finish is not excessively bitter.

M - Medium mouthfeel with just the right amount of carbonation.

D - One of the best IPA's I’ve tried. Probably a good pairing with cheese. But, it’s great alone. If it weren’t for the fact that this is an 8.8% beer I would say it the perfect session beer because, as far as taste alone, I could drink it all night. (880 characters)

4.84/5  rDev +13.9%

Appearance: Hazy yellow-copper body. Nice size off-white head that diminishes to a floating lace.

Nose: Pungent piney hops. Maybe even some cherries or apples as well. As the beer warms, the lightest alcohol phenols start to show up.

Taste: Yes, big piney hops and then some. A stabbing citrus fruitiness towards the end. Some warming alcohol. Strong bitter hop aftertaste with some caramel malt flavor if you look hard enough.

Mouthfeel: Oily mouthfeel. Definitely smooth, but I would still prefer just a little less carbonation.

Drinkability: I drank this 22 oz bomber in a flash. Get some MF!

Thanks to Jetsbeer for letting me know where I could purchase this beer online. It shipped well and was consumed just as well. (741 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +14.1%

All I can say is perfection. I went to the Brewer and they allowed me to bring a case home even though it was still conditioning in the bottle. So far I've had the 2002 in 2002 and just had this 2003. The 2003 is a different beer than the 2002. The 2002 was more perfumy, less malt profile, but still unbelievable. The 2003 has more malt flavor but is just as bitter. The mouthfeel, like all Alesmith beers except the speedway, is exactly like real ale. Smooth, tiny little bubbles begging for you to drink more. The flavor is perfect. Really hoppy without the last 1% northwest super bite (which I also like) and just malty enough for you to say "wow". Pure perfection and better than any double IPA I've ever had, including Dogfish, Bear Republic, Stone, Pizza Port, 3 Floyds, Rofue, Alpine, Sieera Nevada, Deschutes, Marin, Lagunitas, Moylans, and Ballast. (859 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +14.1%

Presentation: Festive brown bomber with a nice little paragraph on the back talking about how to best enjoy the beer. It states that this beer is a "tradition end of the year treat". Well, far be it from me to stand in the way of tradition!

Appearance: Pours a deep and clear ruby red with a chunky and pillowy white head. It looks so perfect in my snifter.

Smell: Hop oils are off the hook! This is a full frontal hop assault on the nose. Pine resin, citrus, orange rind, grapefruit, and lemon zest all swirl together to form a hop bomb for the nose. It's too awesome to describe.

Taste: Yipes! Pine resin and bitter hop oils flood the palate. The only thing that keeps coming to mind is grapefruit and orange. I'm not getting any malt presence at all. There is a touch of sweetness to it but only in the context of a sweetness that you would get with a citrus fruit. I'm at a loss. My palate is at a loss. This is truly the nectar of beer gods.

Mouthfeel: Thick and oily. Alcohol warms the pipes and this beer is just so big and bad that it lingers. Oh yes, it lingers. Cool hop burps too.

Drinkability: I had to knock off a half point for this one. Only because I would WANT to drink more but I know I shouldn't. This stuff is so good. If all other beer became extinct I would be sure to save this one. My palate is totally blown after this one though.

Notes: I can see why this would be a holiday beer. I drank this while decorating our freshly cut Christmas tree with my wife. It seemed appropriate because I imagined that this beer would taste like if I sucked the sap right from the trunk of our freshly cut tree. However, this beer was much more fun and enjoyable than sucking on the tree.

Go get this beer and make your holidays merry and bright. Light the tree and yourself too. (1,809 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +14.1%

I am trying the winter release, I got this from Bellport Beer. This beer pours an amazingly dark amber, which is clousy with a 1 finger light tan head. The smeel is very well balanced between citrus and malts, I knew I was in for a treat with this one! The flavor of this DIPA is amazing! Perfect balance between a citrusy hops flavor and a creamy malt flavor, with a little hint of nuts. The mouthfeel suprisingly is very nice for a DIPA I would assume this is because its not a 10+ %'er but its nice and creamy and almost my first perfect 5 beer. This is a highly drinkable beer, something I would want to drink all night but I am sure I would be defeated first! An amazing brew and I might just go up to Bellport and buy the rest that are available! (752 characters)

Red and Green version.

Poured into a pint glass. Enormously impressive (and somewhat wild) head that stubbornly clings to the glass. Gorgeous raw-honey appearance, with a little sediment.

Smells slightly sweet, some spice and citrus, and plenty of hops.

A rich sweetness with a nice backbone of bitter hops. Almost over-ripe fruit, caramel, honey, and a hint of bitter chocolate. Amazingly well-balanced for a beer with so much flavor.

Just the right amount of carbonation to keep it honest. An incredibly intense experience, yet somehow I could drink this amazing stuff all night. (593 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +14.6%

This review is for the Winter release.

I was rather eager to try this... a highly regarded member of my favorite style, and as the place I go to near work is the only place in MA that I know of that brings in AleSmith, damn lucky to get it too.

This was a wonderfully amber brew with a creamy, foamy three finger head that formed a wonderful crown as I poured. I almost poured too much... watched it rise half an inch above the rim of the glass, but it held together well. Lots of lacing as it died down.

Aroma was of pine and hop resins, without a doubt a hop monster. However, there was also a touch of sweetness, and a firm malt backbone.

Taste was bombastic... (and yes, I am using that word just because I hardly ever get to use it, what the hell, it's New Year's Eve and I am watching the Blues Brothers. All is right with the world.) Loaded with hop bitterness... tons of alpha acids, pine, a faint hint of citrus, resins, and did I say pine? Wow. But powerful as it was, it wasn't overpowering. The malt played a wonderful supporting role, holding up the hops in the limelight. Damn, this is so good. If I look, I can find the alcohol, but it is so well masked it's hard to believe it's 8.5%.

Mouthfeel is good, chewy but not sticky, full-bodied. Not highly carbonated, either. Really really good.

Drinkability is really good... I'd love to give it a 5, but I think one is enough for me. Given the high ABV and the incredible hoppiness, even a hophead like me can have his fill with this one. (1,519 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +14.6%

Wow, great beer. I love big hop beers but didn't expect this from a Christmas beer.

Appearance- Shallow yet dense head, beige in color but quick to fall back to a narrow layer of head. Copper in color; matches the style. The bottle could be more impressive as I almost passed this up while shopping for my Christmas beers. Head left a mark in the glass with every swig, stuck around through the 22oz. bottle.

Smell- What can I say, I love this style. Big citrus/slight piney aroma with a balanced malt aroma to balance. To be honest I got very excited after opening this bottle and taking the first whiff. I have tried many holiday ales this season and this may be the best thus far. Not necessarily what many may expect in a holiday ale but us hop heads will have a very merry Christmas with this one in the stocking.

Taste- Big taste of hops, citrusy at first followed by pine and then a spicy malt finish. Not sure if it is the ETOH level that gives it the spice or the yeast but it rolls off the tongue quite easy leaving me grabbing for another swig.

Mouth feel- Like I said there is a bit of spice or hotness but it is balanced out with the malt and hops. Carbonation may be a bit higher than expected but I did buy it off a room temp. shelf and it is a bottle conditioned beer.

D- Great holiday beer, wish more brewers would take this route. Good brew for any time of year but this will keep you warm through the cold winter months.

Cheers! (1,456 characters)

22 oz bomber.

Festive silk-screened bottle commemorating the holiday season. Hazy orange glow..sticky head of off-white foam that leaves random patterns of lacing. The smell is tremendous juicy, citrus hops..just when you think it can't get much better...the boldness in aroma is topped by it's intense taste. Resinous hop flavors jump around on the tongue and it has a fantastic finishing bitterness. There is a thick caramel malt presence holding this heavyweight together, and the warming effect it has on your entire body is well received. While you know this brew is imbibed with an enormous amount of hops, it's endlessly drinkable. I think the glass spent more time in my hand than it did on the table, because it was very hard to set this one down inbetween sips. How this can be this smooth with the barrage of ingredients, I'll never know.. very creamy, full mouthfeel. Well-deserved of it's high marks, this brew is a testament of brewing quality and hard work. Phenomenal..extraordinary..beer.

Graciously given by Jetsbeer in trade. (1,050 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +14.8%

First off this has been a holy grail ale for me one of those beers that you've come close to attempted to order off line but it was sold out made it to the beer store just to have the last few bottles grabbed. Now here I sit contemplating drinking something with so much hype behind it, I know it's time. The appearance is amazing deep ruby red body with hop and yeast particles flowing around in the stream of bubbles arising toward the head. Thicket of beige head sits righteously above the rim of my Gulden Draak glass sculpted so well with projectiles hanging off the side of my glass reaching for me. Chunky and cloudy residual proteins were good for this beers head. Aroma is big on wintergreen mint and pine cone hop accents I detect earthy herbal and dirt like hop overtones within it's festive bowels. The winter green Christmas tree effect is crazy it actually burns nose hairs and sweet deep caramel or spiced Christmas bread like warmth rises up as well. Flavors collide with hops as you take the first sip it actually stings the palate with hop bitterness, think of a group of bees attacking your palate after just landing on a hop plant. Sturdy effervescent carbonation really takes over with each sip and the hop oils engrave their name right on your palate it's awesome. After pouring in the last bits of yeast sediment into the glass the flavor balances into this unique West Coast poetry in motion DIPA, it's a one of a kind experience. Mouthfeel is huge textured with hop oils full bodied with ample carbonation bringing out the best of the best for this particular beer. Drinkabability is off the charts as far as I'm concerned this is a beer I could crave and possibly attempt to drink all day and this could probably be the reason that they only release it as a limited release once a year. (1,812 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +14.8%

probably the best double ipa I've ever had. Incredible balance. Nice thick malts followed by a great hop bitterness. Alcohol presence is nice in the backround and not at all overbearing. Don't notice the 8.8% at all. This is one of the most smooth dipas that I've ever had. I can't wait to try the summer version. The one I reviewed is the winter version. (355 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +14.8%

First off: big thanks to drewbage for the chance to sample this.

Yulesmith pours a cloudy, midrange amber with very little head. Leaves tons of sticky lacing in the glass as you go.

Nose is piney, with a slight candied edge to it.

Flavor is fantastic. Citrus bitterness comes through brilliantly, with grapefruit, acidic apple, and apricot all coming out. Malt balances on the midsip very nicely and the aftertaste is nice and bitter.

Carbonation is just right, making for an excellent mouthfeel. This avoids feeling overly resinous on the palate like many other DIPA's.

Wonderfully drinkable.

This is the first DIPA I've fallen in love with. To me, this really tasted less like many of the DIPA's I've tried and more like a teriffic IPA that packs one helluva punch! They really need to expand production so I can have this on the East Coast regularly.

Excellent stuff.

Update: They have expanded production, and I've been able to keep my cellar well-stocked. This has become my new favorite, though drinking a bomber of this by myself often makes for an interesting night!

Wyll- (1,108 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +14.8%

Summer version. Golden amber color with an absurdly sticky head that leaves unparalleled lacing on the glass. Aroma is floral and citrusy hops with a very sweet maltiness. Flavor follows the aroma, with a nice dose of fruity hops and a sumptuous caramel malt profile that melts into a solid hop bitterness. Rich and luxurious on the palate. (340 characters)

4.88/5  rDev +14.8%

Appearance - A dark ruby red almost mahogany color, with an off white almost yellow head. The head alone was a site, it ballooned half way up the glass and mushroomed over the top. Lacing is so thick and heavy that none of the top of the beer is present. Even after subsiding an inch thick of clumpy, puffy creaminess stayed firmly in place. Almost like meringue on top of a pie. The best head I have seen on any imperial IPA.

Smell - Lots of hops but in a creamy sort of way. You can tell this beer is gonna have a decent amount of malt to it. As a matter of fact it almost smells like a dark belgian quad! The nose has so much depth to it that it's really hard to grasp.

Taste & Mouthfeel - This is a big beer with a full body and chewy mouth watering flavor. There is a smattering of west coast hops, but what makes this beer the ambrosia it is, is the heavy caramel malt and honey backbone. The malts really anchor this one, and in a lot of ways steal the show. Unlike most Double IPA's that come out heavy and almost taste like a barleywine, this one pulls off the combination like no other. I've never had a big double ipa the matches this one in stunning perfection. Hops and creamy caramel malts. My oh my!

Drinkability - I'm really getting tired of Alesmith ruining every other brewery for me. There's no way anyone can live up to their excellence. I have no choice but to move to San Diego and give up all other beers except those that are brewed under the Alesmith banner. Well, maybe i'm just bullshitting, but hey could you blame me? (1,549 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +15.3%

Drank from a 1 pt. 6 fl. oz. bottle (Winter version)

Poured a hazy, crimson-amber with a three-finger, foamy, light tan head. The head slowly faded to a whip cream-like, thick film which lasted until the beer was finished. Tons of large, sticky clumps of lacing also lasted long after the beer was done.

Smell was absolutely amazing (I could smell it when my nose was a foot away from the glass). Potently hoppy yet smooth, sweet and rich with a creamy, malty backbone. Amazingly well balanced. Some holiday spices (mulling spices) were also quite noticeable, as was some candied sugar.

Like the aroma, the taste was outstanding. Malty sweet up front with noticeable rich, candy-like caramel malts. Smooth and ridiculously creamy (this must have been due to the yeast strain). Intense spices kicked in mid-palate, along with the rich, citrusy hops. The hop presence took hold and carried into the finish yet, surprisingly, it never became overwhelming. The hop intensity became more subdued, yet the hop flavor turned more bitter (grapefruit-like) and biting. Some alcohol was noticeable with a numbing alcohol warming in the back of the throat and the mouth. The huge, hoppy, pleasantly bitter aftertaste resonated.

Mouthfeel was very creamy, rich, full-bodied and smooth.

Drinkability was terrific. Considering this is a West Coast D.I.P.A, it was amazingly well balanced. Furthermore, the 8.5% ABV seemed to be fairly well masked by the strong flavors. The effect the alcohol had on me, however, was quite remarkable.

All in all, this is a beautiful beer. So flavorful, rich and enjoyable - it is perfect for savoring with a friend on a cold winter night. (1,664 characters)

4.9/5  rDev +15.3%

This review is for the cask version. I have had this one a few times in the past but tonight was my first that was hand pulled. I had this as the third of my trifecta after the Anvil and speedway. It is hard to follow up Speedway, but this delivered. What arrived at my table was a beautiful brew. A thick 1/2" foam was suspended over a medium copper brew. I thought to myself, this is what a beer should look like. the head retained its size and shape throughout as i consumed this elixir. The smell was clean and hoppy, slightly less hoppy than one would expect from a 2XIPA, but very nice indeed.

When you sip on this you immediately realize how well balanced it is for the style. The hops are there in their grapefruity resiny goodness as you would expect but they are not over the top and are well balanced with the malt. The mouthfeel was wonderful, creamy, rich with the perfect ammount of carbonation. the beer clung to your mouth without being too thick. i could drink these all night but unfortunately SD doesnt have reliable public transport so i had to peel myself away after my second to drive home.

Highly recommended, especially if you are lucky to find the cask version. This is what i will miss when i move back to NYC (1,244 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +15.8%

Thanks to mrmiles for the bomber! (reviewed from notes 9/25)

A: Pours a very hazy gold/straw color with a big fluffy head. Retention is perfect! Gorgeous pour, and the head is similar to Alesmith's IPA, which basically looks like meringue

S: The nose is kind of subtle, but very balanced. Lots of pale malts play well with a huge citrus note (tangerine, grapefruit, pineapple, and mango). This is awesome - Sculpin's cousin

T: Huge bitterness upfront that is balanced by a nice honey-like sweetness. Yeast is unique, and quite flavorful. Citrus, tropical fruit hops are here also.

MF/D: Slightly prickly carbonation, but otherwise medium body and pretty smooth. Bittersweet citrus finish.

Notes: AleSmith makes some damn good offerings. I believe this is my third offering after Speedway and their IPA, all of which received near-perfect scores. (852 characters)

On draft @ Beachwood

Poured a godly copper color with a nice lacy head

Aromatics are out of this world. Intense fresh greeny hop scents explode for the glass. Slightly fruity and citrusy

Tastes backup the smell. Grassy, piney, citrusy, a hint of alcohol, and a nice hoppy finish. The freshness lingers in your mouth after swallowing.

Mouthfeel was as expected. Medium body with medium carbonation.

Overall an outstanding beer and would recommend to any hop heads. The freshness just blew me away. (501 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +15.8%

pours a nice golden colour, with a thich creamy head that dissipated fairly quickly but leaves a bit of lacing the whole way down the glass.

aroma is almost all hops, with a slightly malty background. the hops are bright and floral.

taste is hoppy, with a bit of alcohol warmth on the way down. fresh hoppy flavour. grapefruit and a bit of apricot. strong hop bitterness, that comes on strong and finishes fairly smooth.

overall the body doesn't feel that "big" and it's quite easy to drink, but half way through the glass i'm already starting to feel full. quite hard to put down though, as it's just so damn tasty. (625 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +15.8%

Appearance: Medium red-orange body, big white head leavs quite a bit of sticky lace, lingers long after the pour.

Smell: Hops everywhere, citrus, lots of pine, a shot of alcohol, all of which leaves a menthol like tingle in the nose. Rich and spicy, ripe orange and tea.

Taste: Mellow at first, but develops itself into a rich and highly bitter beer. Smooth as silk, flavors transition and work together well. Alcohol on the backside tingles and warms. What a beer, I wish it wasn't June.

Drinkability: Up there with the best of the style, for sure, but maybe not the best. Thanks to BigNick (if I remember correctly) for the bottle. (642 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +15.8%

I am reviewing the summer 2007 release. I sampled this beer on-tap at San Gabriel's finest, the Stuffed Sandwich.

A - The beer poured a clear amber color with the head almost forming in clusters. Near perfect retention.

S - The aroma is overwhelmingly composed of fresh hops with a strong citric character as well. This one is a real beauty.

T - With this beer, it really came in stages. At first, the beer was very malty, with the citric elements really coming out later from the hop character. I'm getting orange, grapefruit, lemon. Very well balanced and the alcohol is hidden well.

M - The body is medium and the character of the beer is surprisingly creamy. Add to that a crisp but mild level carbonation.

D - Don't bother aging this (or any other DIPA). Drink it fresh! AleSmith has a winner here. Like most AleSmith beer, this one is a bit pricey to obtain retail, so I suggest doing your homework and finding a place that is lucky enough to have a fresh batch on tap. This may sound unrealistic for people outside of SoCal, but you might get lucky. (1,071 characters)

4.92/5  rDev +15.8%

Lightly foggy nectarine with honey colored edges. My usual pour produced a surprisingly large cap. As it settles, I can appreciate its magnificence. The firmly creamy foam is pale gold in color, with a cobbled upper surface that maintains contact with the pint glass in multiple spots. When the sticky foam bridges break, they leave a beautiful array of lace. What's not to love?

The nose is a hophead's dream come true. I remember wishing the Winter release had less caramel malt and more pale malt. Summer has granted my wish (kudos to the brewery for giving us two versions of the same great beer). Beautifully pungent American hops fill the atmosphere with sweetened pineapple, white grapefruit, candied orange peel and Scotch pine. I'm actually beginning to drool.

YuleSmith Summer is one of the most delicous, drinkable DIPAs that I've ever had. The only thing keeping the Winter release from perfection was, again, the use of a hefty amount of caramel malt. Which, by the way, turns it into an Imperial red ale (just ask the brewers). Both versions are great, but I slightly prefer this one.

I'm not sure how old the bottle is (it's definitely from *this* summer), but I expected a shade more hoppiness. Don't get me wrong, it's a tongue abuser par excellence, it just isn't as 'in your face' as I remember the Winter version being. When the brewery calls it balanced, they aren't that far off the mark.

The prodigious malt backbone contributes very little flavor. I'm reminded of sugar cookies and honey-like malts, though they're in the background. The foreground is occupied by wave upon wave of sunshine bright, C-hop deliciousness. Again, pineapple, grapefruit, orange, (and now) lemon fill every nook and cranny on every last taste bud. A minimal alcohol presence is easily ignored.

The mouthfeel isn't the perfection that the other version was, but then a lot of time has passed and a lot of beer has been consumed in the interim. It's midway between medium and full (for the style) and is a fraction too carbonated to be considered ideal. Time is beginning to soften things up very nicely.

AleSmith is a permanent member of my 'top 10 American craft breweries of all-time' on the strength of IPA, Speedway Stout and both versions of YuleSmith. Not that the rest aren't worthy, but those four are four of the finest ales that I've ever had the pleasure to drink. Bottom line: I can count on one hand the number of DIPAs that are better than YuleSmith Summer.

Reviewed sometime during the summer of 2008. I don't recall the exact date since there weren't separate entries at that time for YuleSmith Summer and YuleSmith Winter. (2,647 characters)

4.95/5  rDev +16.5%

Summer Holiday version bottled on 6/4/13. Pours a hazy yellow gold color with a 2 finger foamy off white head that was full of little bubbles, fading very slowly leaving and forming canyons as it sinks, then leaving great foamy lacing and rings as it went down; solid looking IPA.

Smells like pineapple, mango and orange from a few inches away and just assaults your nose with citrus hops; the smell is a wonderful combo of citrus fruit like lemon, pineapple, mango, orange and all things citrus hops, as well as strong piney hops, mild spices, floral hops, caramel, sweet malt and more fruity sweetness – it’s astonishing how fresh and fruity this smells since it was bottled over 6 months ago. Hop heaven, and almost unbelievably great smelling.

The flavor is as good or maybe better than the smell with a combo of citrus fruit like pineapple, mango, orange, lemon, and maybe something crazy like starfruit or papaya since it’s so fruity, so then of course you have fresh citrus hops, strong piney hops, caramel, grains, brown sugar, floral hops, graham cracker, tea leaf, herbs, wet grass and very mild spices that are offset by the malt backbone. The malt comes through but lets the fresh, juicy citrus flavor dominate and dazzle with complexity as the resinous hop juice seems to be wrung from the cone and into the bottle. I expected a good beer when I picked this bomber up and it blew me away, far exceeding my expectations and becoming a top 10 beer IMO.

Mouthfeel is near perfection for a DIPA with this ABV; mild ABV burn, mild bitterness, a medium chewy body with light carbonation and an overall hop sweetness that is kept in check by a nice malt backing that has fine accents to make it a perfectly balanced and easy drinking IPA.

Very few flaws here as the bitterness and aftertaste are enjoyable, while the balance and combination of flavor elements keeps it interesting and delicious at the same time. This bomber cost $10 and was worth every penny tenfold; a world class beer that I highly recommend and will seek out as often as possible. I’m going to buy another bottle(s) of this ASAP as it was a great beer and great drinking experience. This beer kicks ass, go drink some. (2,211 characters)

4.95/5  rDev +16.5%

This beer pours very nice deep amber color with 3 fingers of head that fall to 2 fingers. The nose is just wow. The hops are so bright and full. Pine and citrus and a hint of underlying caramel sweetness. The flavor is more subdued that the nose would tell you. Wow. I really like it. There is a really deep caramel sweetness overlayed heavily with a fine balance between the pine and citrus. Very nice. The feel is just as thick as would be expected. Drinkability is also grand for a beer of this size and magnitude. Wow. I think I am in love. Great great beer. (562 characters)

YuleSmith (Summer) from AleSmith Brewing Company