AleSmith Speedway Stout - Vietnamese Coffee - AleSmith Brewing Company

AleSmith Speedway Stout - Vietnamese CoffeeAleSmith Speedway Stout - Vietnamese Coffee

AleSmith Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  12.00% ABV

Speedway Stout brewed with Vietnamese Coffee.

(Beer added by: brew3crew on 11-13-2011)

Enormous huge thanks to JLindros for sharing this Growler. Edit: For what its worth with JLindros's review right above mine my pour was the first from the growler. Damn him and his 4.5!

A - Poured into a stone ipa tulip glass a wonderful black ebony hue with a one finger mocha head that leaves tons of side lacing huge leggy lacy lacing and khaki blanket.

S - Aromas of outrageous vanilla and coffee beans Soooo much special Vietnamese coffee and chocolate. The melding of huge vanilla and chocolate ans coffee is so rich ans inviting. No ABV at all.

T - Taste is earth shattering amounts of vanilla here. Beans and extract with rich bitter coffee notes with super rich bakers 85% cocoa. So so much vanilla here ans barrel coffee chocolate. Gaaaahhhh!

M - Mouthfeel is a velour bedspread. Zap Branigan asks "boy lay out my formal shorts"...I would have so much snusnu if I could get a bathtub of this.

O - Overall this beer has changed has changed my life. This is the bar to set all coffee stouts to. I want thus as a candle and a cologne. Please...please make this often.

3.15/5  rDev -30.5%

On tap at Alesmith. Standard black color, almost no head. Aroma is slight coffee but also vanilla, weird. Flavor was also vanilla laden with only hints of the coffee. I was thoroughly confused by this beer. I made sure to taste my cousins' and I got the same thing. Not impressed.

4.1/5  rDev -9.5%

Hail to my favorite new trader, rawfish, for this bottle. It will be the fourth I've had from his box & if the pattern holds, it will be a minimum of very good. Big, dark 750ML bottle split with my wife.

Pour is Banner of Mordor black with only a flash of head, then, still. My wife makes a blasphemous (but positive) exclamation at the smell: yes, she's a coffee junkie. I get less coffee than I expect (I am not an addict, or even a drinker of, coffee, so that's good) & chocolate so milky it's turning off-white. Bit of creamer.

Speedway Stout - Vietnamese Coffee should have been sampled right beside a regular bottle: because to me, coffee is coffee, since I know no better. This is my kind of coffee: more creamer than bean. First impression is of sweet cream & malts, & only then does a mild bitterness intrude (pleasantly) along with a roast more decadent than Caligula. No alcohol in my glass. In the shadows are a faint nutty twist, vanilla, chocolate. It all comes together with a thunderclap of smooth that's so silky it belongs on a Victoria's Secret model. Preferably Jill Goodacre. Wait, sorry, my age is showing. I'm already more than halfway through my portion of the bottle.

Smooth. Like, wow, smooth. I arrived here expecting a coffee bomb & instead was greeted by a coffee seduction. Smooth, delicious, rich, this is one excellent beer.

4.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

1793rd Review on BA
Grumbler to Alesmith Snifter
32oz

Purchased at AleSmith Brewing on 5/17

App- When I think back on stouts its hard to not just rate a 5. I mean if its dark and deep pitched brown/black with some head and a little bit of cling. I mean this beer has cling for days. Quite a sight to see. Layered and sticky.

Smell- When I think of iced coffee. I think Vietnamese from Lees sandwiches. This is a mix of a stout and coffee. Blended and rich with a bit of sweetness and grainy coffee. The stout portion takes over with a grainy malt bill and then lends with a bit of vanilla and creme from say a liquid coffee sweetener. Very rich on the nose.

Taste- I love speedway stout. I cant lie. For a base stout with coffee. Its what other beers achieve to aspire to with coffee. This takes the base beer to a whole other realm. The other coffee brings a certain sweetness with a rich milk flavor with a bit of sweet chocolate and a bit of vanilla. Creamy and rich and decadent.

Mouth- A very medium body with a medium carbonation level. Silky, velvety and rich like a melted chocolate with a bit of espresso for days. The residual flavors are a bit of bitter hops with a rich roasted coffee flavor.

Drink- I posted this on IG. I am like Cosmicevan. I am ZeroF'sgiven. Ill take this grumbler down for my birthday and not think twice. Cant wait for Kopi or BA Kopi on tap.

AleSmith Speedway Stout - Vietnamese Coffee from AleSmith Brewing Company