1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Arsenalnoye Krepkoye (Strong) - Baltika Breweries

Arsenalnoye Krepkoye (Strong)Arsenalnoye Krepkoye (Strong)

poor

Baltika Breweries visit their website
Russian Federation

Euro Strong Lager |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 06-28-2003)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
3.33/5  rDev +21.5%

Essentially malt liquor, but not all that bad. Coppery, leaning toward amber with a short-lived head. A little thin and astringent at first, but some lightly sugared malt flavor follows. Thins out a bit again toward the end, with a pleasingly clean finish. Alcohol does not do much to announce itself, although you can detect a touch of fusel alcohol if you try. Overall, one of the better in this class that I've had an opportunity to try, and better than any US counterpart malt liquor.

Brent, Apr 01, 2006
1.7/5  rDev -38%

Well when I bought this one, I was thinking it was similar to Baltika's Number 6, well I was way off on that. let me tall you about the experience with the beer.

When I poured it there was a decent amount of head and through out the drinking experience there was a small head ever-present. The body was clean and clear... This was the best part of the beer.
The smell was a bit of a skunk, class A. I really thought that I was in for some skunked beer.
The taste was better than a skunked beer but not by much. It tasted like a low quality vodka mixed with beer. I even gagged on the first gulp, and my girlfriend thought that it was like a traditional, National, American Lager. Though I think I would rather drink a Miller lite over this one. I would never drink this beer again nor would I recommend this to anyone else.

eze153, Jan 16, 2006
2.78/5  rDev +1.5%

Not as bad as it could have been. Like their #9, i purchased it without really knowing what i was getting myself into. Thought it would be maltier than it is.

Anyway, light on flavor and heavy on alcohol. Absolutely nothing impressive, but it's drinkable. Wasn't stinky or nasty. Just not all that great. If i was in Russsia, i could put a few of these down in the absence of anything better. Fortunately, i am able to get much better beer, and i will.

Bonhoeffer, Sep 03, 2005

Appearance – This came out a light urine-orange with no head.

Smell – This beer smells like pee, so I wonder when I take a piss if my urine will smell like beer? I mean, this stuff is just rancid. It smells like it’s been aged under a sunlamp.

Taste – It doesn’t taste like piss, thankfully. It tastes more like regurgitated creamed corn from the can. Actually, I threw up after eating about six yams once when I was a kid and, seriously, this takes me back to my youth.

Mouthfeel – This one is flat with little carbonation that produced a Listerine-like gag reflex. I finally burped . . . but I think I threw up a little.

Sinkability – I’d pour this down the sink except that Farmers threatened to cancel my homeowner’s insurance.

RoyalT, Mar 29, 2005
3.53/5  rDev +28.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A clean yellow/golden yellow beer. Has a big foamy bright white head that leaves a good lace. The aroma is a sweet grass with a hint of lemon and a light biscuit malt in the background. The flavor starts with a strong rush of alcohol into your mouth. Followed by a light malt sweet and a light hop pricklyness on the back of your tongue.

ybnorml, Mar 20, 2005
2.58/5  rDev -5.8%

Pours a slightly darker shade of gold, with a big fizzy head that disappears quickly. There is, however, some lace clinging to the side here. The smell is alcohol and a touch of rust, whereas the mouth is a bit heavy. The initial taste is a touch sour, alcohol kicking in as we head towards the finish. The aftertaste is sour. I can't find any hops here. Still, it is not repulsive, as many Russian strong beers are...

Globetrotter, Jun 28, 2003