2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Arsenalnoye Krepkoye (Strong) - Baltika Breweries

Arsenalnoye Krepkoye (Strong)Arsenalnoye Krepkoye (Strong)

Baltika Breweries visit their website
Russian Federation

Euro Strong Lager |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 06-28-2003)
View: Beers (37) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 29 | Reviews: 24 | Show All Ratings:
Bonhoeffer

Alabama

2.78/5  rDev +0.7%

Not as bad as it could have been. Like their #9, i purchased it without really knowing what i was getting myself into. Thought it would be maltier than it is.

Anyway, light on flavor and heavy on alcohol. Absolutely nothing impressive, but it's drinkable. Wasn't stinky or nasty. Just not all that great. If i was in Russsia, i could put a few of these down in the absence of anything better. Fortunately, i am able to get much better beer, and i will.

09-03-2005 19:08:36 | More by Bonhoeffer
RoyalT

Appearance – This came out a light urine-orange with no head.

Smell – This beer smells like pee, so I wonder when I take a piss if my urine will smell like beer? I mean, this stuff is just rancid. It smells like it’s been aged under a sunlamp.

Taste – It doesn’t taste like piss, thankfully. It tastes more like regurgitated creamed corn from the can. Actually, I threw up after eating about six yams once when I was a kid and, seriously, this takes me back to my youth.

Mouthfeel – This one is flat with little carbonation that produced a Listerine-like gag reflex. I finally burped . . . but I think I threw up a little.

Sinkability – I’d pour this down the sink except that Farmers threatened to cancel my homeowner’s insurance.

03-29-2005 03:30:05 | More by RoyalT
ybnorml

Rhode Island

3.53/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A clean yellow/golden yellow beer. Has a big foamy bright white head that leaves a good lace. The aroma is a sweet grass with a hint of lemon and a light biscuit malt in the background. The flavor starts with a strong rush of alcohol into your mouth. Followed by a light malt sweet and a light hop pricklyness on the back of your tongue.

03-20-2005 19:19:59 | More by ybnorml
Globetrotter

2.58/5  rDev -6.5%

Pours a slightly darker shade of gold, with a big fizzy head that disappears quickly. There is, however, some lace clinging to the side here. The smell is alcohol and a touch of rust, whereas the mouth is a bit heavy. The initial taste is a touch sour, alcohol kicking in as we head towards the finish. The aftertaste is sour. I can't find any hops here. Still, it is not repulsive, as many Russian strong beers are...

06-28-2003 11:26:02 | More by Globetrotter