Westbury Wheat - Ragtime Taproom & Brewery

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Ragtime Taproom & Brewery visit their website
Florida, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  ABV ?

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: aracauna on 08-24-2003)
Reviews by Lovely85:
3.5/5  rDev n/a

2.38/5  rDev n/a

Dark yellow, almost american standard looking color except a bit more darkness and body to the color. It has a huge puffy white long-lasting head as is appropriate for a wheat beer. I may have just had my first experience with diacetyl. I think I have a really high detection threshhold and this seemed to be overpowering so my guess is that this beer was loaded with the stuff. There wasn't a lot to the flavor or aroma underneath so this beer actually depended on this flaw for flavor. I didn't try their other beer at the festival because I the halfpint samples at the Southern Brewer's Festival didn't leave enough room to sample everything so I only hit brewers twice when their beer was good.

3.63/5  rDev n/a

Served in a 20 oz imperial pint glass, the beer is a hazy straw color with a smallish white head.

The nose is of subtle grains, citrus and spice.

The beer has a nice, slightly astringent taste. You get a bit of pepper and a dash of coriander. The expected banana taste emerges by the 2nd sip.

The mouth is crisp and a bit light. This is an easy enough drinker given the hot humid conditions that existed while I was at the bar.

World class, no, but more than servicable.

Westbury Wheat from Ragtime Taproom & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.