Dominion Cherry Wheat - Old Dominion Brewing Company

Dominion Cherry Wheat
No picture uploaded.

Old Dominion Brewing Company visit their website
Delaware, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: RBorsato on 12-07-2004)
Beervis

Ontario (Canada)

4.93/5  rDev +4.7%

Tried this at the brewpub, what an incredible beer.

Appearance is cloudy golden with hints of pink. A slightly pink fluffy head tops it off.

Smell is of wheat and sour cherry. What an inviting smell.

Taste is sour, creamy, and very fruity. I love the 2004 summer wheat (which is the base for this), and the added cherries really add to it.

Medium bodied mouthfeel which leaves a bit of a coating on the tongue. The glass also had a slight haze left on it after it was gone...which didn't last long, cause I quickly refilled it!!

This is one extremely drinkable refreshing beer. I happen to really like fruit beers, and this one was no exception. I brought a growler of this home and easily put the whole thing down within a few hours. I was looking for a refresher as it was a really nice day outside, and I couldn't have made a better choice.

Absolutely awesome!

04-18-2005 17:10:43 | More by Beervis
RBorsato

4.5/5  rDev -4.5%

On tap 12/07/04 at the OD Brewpub.

Golden with light amber notes, a low white head (pinkish hues ? - hard to tell with the brewpub lighting), and decent carbonation. Nice sour cherry aroma and flavors along the lines of a lambic. Good spicy cherry flavor. Light-medium bodied.

A solid Fruit beer that blends the line between American and Belgian styles... One I will definitely fill my growler with after I finish the Tripel I just picked up. :-)

12-07-2004 19:50:45 | More by RBorsato
Dominion Cherry Wheat from Old Dominion Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.