Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Old Dominion Brewing Company
Delaware, United States | website

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RBorsato on 12-07-2004

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.5/5  rDev n/a

On tap 12/07/04 at the OD Brewpub.

Golden with light amber notes, a low white head (pinkish hues ? - hard to tell with the brewpub lighting), and decent carbonation. Nice sour cherry aroma and flavors along the lines of a lambic. Good spicy cherry flavor. Light-medium bodied.

A solid Fruit beer that blends the line between American and Belgian styles... One I will definitely fill my growler with after I finish the Tripel I just picked up. :-)

4.92/5  rDev n/a

Tried this at the brewpub, what an incredible beer.

Appearance is cloudy golden with hints of pink. A slightly pink fluffy head tops it off.

Smell is of wheat and sour cherry. What an inviting smell.

Taste is sour, creamy, and very fruity. I love the 2004 summer wheat (which is the base for this), and the added cherries really add to it.

Medium bodied mouthfeel which leaves a bit of a coating on the tongue. The glass also had a slight haze left on it after it was gone...which didn't last long, cause I quickly refilled it!!

This is one extremely drinkable refreshing beer. I happen to really like fruit beers, and this one was no exception. I brought a growler of this home and easily put the whole thing down within a few hours. I was looking for a refresher as it was a really nice day outside, and I couldn't have made a better choice.

Absolutely awesome!

Dominion Cherry Wheat from Old Dominion Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.