Pyramid Apricot Ale - Pyramid Breweries, Inc.

Pyramid Apricot AlePyramid Apricot Ale

Pyramid Breweries, Inc. visit their website
Washington, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.10% ABV

Originally named Apricot Weizen

(Beer added by: DESTRO on 09-05-2005)

pondertheweb, Feb 17, 2012

Kahlerbock, Feb 20, 2012

So terrible.

umpbumpfizz, Sep 22, 2014
1.6/5  rDev -53.2%

Orangish apricot color with a very minimal head that quickly dies away. Looks okay, but looks are (extremely) decieving.

Sicky-sweet artificial nose. Ugh. I do not look forward to the taste.

Difficult to drink. Somewhat sour, very artificial fruitiness. Not as bad as the scent, but not fun to drink.

Nasty, foul aftertaste that will not go away until you have a different beer, or eat something.

Drinkability? Total drain pour. I give the drinkability rating a little leeway, because I think I am drinking an outdated (possibly oxidized?) bottle. The bottling date on the label is blurred, so I do not know how old this is.

chOAKbarrell, Jan 27, 2006
1.65/5  rDev -51.8%

Poured from a bottle into a Nonic pint glass.

A - Pours a cloudy light copper color, one finger of head that dissipated quickly

S - Doughy, rotten fruit smell

T - Strong apricot with a very yeasty flavor and a hint of hops

M - Light body, strong carbonation

O - I didn't like this beer much at all. Very doughy smell and flavor; The apricot was overpowering and almost imitation tasting

Sp8ctre, Oct 05, 2011
1.65/5  rDev -51.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I do not enjoy this much at all. I admit that I am not much of a fruit beer drinker unless it's lambic, but I do like some, and a few a love, and this just is not good - it's thin and almost characterless with almost no real "beer"-like quality at all. It's more like really cheap apricot soda-pop.

It's cloudy orange-gold with a thin off-white head that steadily dissipates to a small ring.

The aroma is dried apricots, pumpkin, and a hint of dough.

The taste is tart, dry apricot with fizzy mineral water at first with a really long, cracker finish along with dry apricot. It gets tiresome fast and it's downright awful with food, which causes the unpleasant apricot-mineral water taste to completely take over. Alone, it's a bit refreshing, but otherwise I shall avoid it.

Offa, Apr 18, 2008
1.75/5  rDev -48.8%

Brams17, Sep 19, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -48.8%

getkrunkhoe, Aug 18, 2014
1.78/5  rDev -48%

Appearance-A beautiful looking beer. A cloudy apricot color, appropriately enough, with a creamy persistent white head.

Smell-Hugely aromatic. Perfumy, and cloyingly sweet apricot syrup. I can smell it from a few feet away and unfortunately I don't enjoy this smell. I wish good smelling beers had this much potency.

Taste-That aroma is baa-aack and this time it's wrapped around my tongue. Syrupy sweet, some very unpleasant flavors that are musky with a zesty, fruity apricot flavor against a pale ale background.

Mouthfeel-Creamy and palate sticking

Drinkability-I wanted to like this. But, it's simply awful to me. The fruit taste reminds me of artificial chemically produced fruit flavors and it hangs in my mouth far too long. I'm having a hard time remembering a beer this unpleasant. Someone must buy it or they wouldn't brew it, right?

olmatty, Jan 04, 2011
1.8/5  rDev -47.4%

Poured out a golden reddish color with no head whatsoever. The nos eis overbearinlgy strong sweat apricot, I can't freaking tell if there's nything else in there, it's just... so... damn... apricotty. My god man. It's like someone jabbed a bunch of apricot up my nose. Lots of them. Yeeesh! Ok, what the f*ck? The taste is like apricot syrup. I am not against fruit beers, bring it on, but it's fruit beer, not 'fruit.' Can I throw up now? This is like drinking the syrup out of a Shoprite packaged fruit can. On sale and expired. Seriously. Bad stuff. Le's just get on with our lives now.

dherling, Nov 25, 2006
1.93/5  rDev -43.6%

This brew pours a hazy golden color with a lacking whitish head. The nose has some wheat malts but is mostly of apricot juice. This has an apricot syrup taste that doesn't go down well. The body is light and has heavy carbonation that fights the palate. I had a few sips and gave the rest away.

rye726, Jun 10, 2008
1.95/5  rDev -43%

Bottled: unk
Murky apricot colored ale with a sheet of white. Smells like a cheap american weisssbier knockoff with a hint of sweetened apricot juice. Flavor is watery and empty. Some apricot hints and plenty of plain wheat flavor. Brutally thin and with lower carb and a semi dry finish. This beer is poorly conducted.

harrymel, Apr 19, 2012

cbradio, Jan 29, 2014

avisong, Apr 19, 2012

BeerCigar, Feb 08, 2012

chapcat, Nov 25, 2011

BDavis_03, Nov 14, 2012

HyperBeeria, Jan 09, 2012

MikeI, Jul 28, 2014
Pyramid Apricot Ale from Pyramid Breweries, Inc.