Real Slim Shandy - Fordham Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Fordham Brewing Company visit their website
United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  3.70% ABV

(Beer added by: SocalKicks on 04-12-2014)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

1.5/5  rDev -36.7%

Swift989, Aug 07, 2014
3.86/5  rDev +62.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Real Slim Shandy is a sweet shandy beer made with lemonade. Some will like it, others will hate it because it is so sweet. My fiancee is not a big beer drinker and she loves it! I enjoy all types of beer and I appreciate the different shandy beers. I actually liked this Real Slim Shandy more than Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. My favorite shandy is Traveler's, which is not nearly as sweet as this one. The Real Slim Shandy is a nice summer beer, probably best enjoyed by those who really don't drink much beer. It is very refreshing on a hot summer day!

Challenger, May 19, 2014
2.5/5  rDev +5.5%

SocalKicks, Apr 12, 2014
2.75/5  rDev +16%

JohnParadee, Apr 27, 2014

Zetcha7x, May 27, 2014
1.6/5  rDev -32.5%

Overall: The bottom line is that I poured out an entire pint of this, rather than drink it.. This was a complete drain pour and one of the most noxiously sweet beers I've ever had. This beer had none of the light, refreshing sweetness I associate with the style. It was not subtle, it was not beer mixed with lemonade, it was not pleasant.

Background: I had this beer at a beer festival with my fiancee, a pint poured by an employee of the Fordham Brewing into a weizen glass. My fiancee and I each individually had a sip of the beer, and agreed that it was better off in the garbage.

A: Nothing wrong about the way the beer looks. Slightly darker than other summer shandys that I've seen, but still transparent with a 1-2cm foamy head.

S: yeast, lemon, light scented, but already too sweet (like fermented fruit)

T: No time to take note of the subtle flavors here. I swallowed my sip as fast as possible, because this was too sweet in a spoiled fruit kind of way.

M: In my brief time sipping, the mouthfeel seem relatively fine and lightly effervescent to me.

tkdchampxi, Apr 26, 2014
Real Slim Shandy from Fordham Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.