J.J. Wainwright's Evil Eye Honey Brown - Pittsburgh Brewing Co.

J.J. Wainwright's Evil Eye Honey Brown
No picture uploaded.

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Brown Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Ricochet on 07-11-2004)
ejimhof

10-03-2013 23:04:06 | More by ejimhof
Beerandraiderfan

Nevada

1.3/5  rDev -54.5%

Man, what the dillio? Looks a little ruby. No head. Aroma was fruity and sugary.

Taste, yuck, super sweet raspberry imitation flavoring going on. Couldn't stand this, didn't taste like beer. Brown ales are supposed to be smooth? And this wasn't even that cheap? Fail.

08-21-2010 19:09:49 | More by Beerandraiderfan
arnulfooxblood

Connecticut

3.2/5  rDev +11.9%

For the price you pay this is a pretty good beer. Whenever I'm back in Pittsburgh, my dad usually tries to pick up a case of "good" beer (basically anything that is not Natural Ice), and it is often J.J. Wainwright's Evil Eye Honey Brown.

It reminds me more of an amber lager than an brown ale. Very smooth and drinkable.

08-18-2006 21:50:20 | More by arnulfooxblood
emre007

3.05/5  rDev +6.6%

Great cheap brew. @ around 9 bucks a case, how can you go wrong? And it's not the same kind of cheap crap that these Light Beers are (they are just plain dog piss).

Granted, if this cost any more, I probably would never have even tried it. But when you're on a budget, there's not much competition. It's a good PBR change-up, too.

05-04-2005 20:53:40 | More by emre007
connecticutpoet

Connecticut

3.48/5  rDev +21.7%

This one was a clear amber brew with a good-sized head.

The aroma was of sharp, tangy hops, which was a pleasant surprise.

The flavor did not carry through with the promise, however. It was briefly sweet and very smooth, with very little aftertaste. Very low bitterness.

Still a highly drinkable beer, one that I could have several of at a party.

11-13-2004 04:32:42 | More by connecticutpoet
Ricochet

3.13/5  rDev +9.4%

I knew nothing about Pittsburgh Beers or thier "Vanity" lines. I did some research and found very little about this beer. When asking the clerk at the beer store she mentioned it was a beer brewed "a few years ago" and "we got it again" and was a step above Pitt beers. (The only beer I've had from Pitt Brewing is Falls City.)

I had been visiting a friend for 5 years in PA and when I needed beer, he did not have an ID so we had to drive to Ohio to buy any beer. Recently , he got an ID so we went to "Beer World" and I bought a case for 8.99 thinking at worst, I'd pour it out.

What a surprise! It actually tasted better than most cheap beers, and I'm no big fan of honey browns. It appears a light brown and does not have the best aroma. Taste is slightly better then beers in this pricepoint. Almost a bargain compared to low end macros. It does not have an offensive flavor, slight honey sweetness and stands up as it gets warmer. Rounded finish, with just the slightest metallic notes and ever so slight bitterness. Typical honey brown aftertaste. I put away six of these on my first tasting then when I went back to the beer store a few weeks later, it was 7.99. I bought two cases because who can beat the price. Good switch up beer at parties when PBR and Genny Red are getting old.

If you're one of the lucky few in Pittsburgh who have found this beer, cheers!

07-11-2004 02:21:38 | More by Ricochet
J.J. Wainwright's Evil Eye Honey Brown from Pittsburgh Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.