Iron City Beer - Pittsburgh Brewing Co.

Iron City BeerIron City Beer

poor

poor

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: maxpower on 02-01-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Iron City Beer Alström Bros

wroywel, Apr 06, 2013

Durandal_777, May 03, 2014

mattreitz49, Jan 21, 2014

Elise3328, Jul 04, 2014
1.15/5  rDev -53.6%

I made the mistake of trying this beer with a buddy of mine who claimed that it was a "classic." I'm not going to waste time with an in depth review but believe me when I say that it was the worst beer I've ever had. Maybe I shouldn't have tried it after having drank several good craft brews before allowing it to pass my lips. I'm not 100% sure. Either way, it won't be something I drink again unless it's In post apocalyptic world and it's the only beer I can find. The only thing good about Iron City was the laugh it provided my buddy as I spit it out.

W9820, Apr 12, 2014
1.2/5  rDev -51.6%

I didnt have high expectations for this beer so I wasnt to disapointed when I tryed it. The name says it all, hints of metal. Couldn't help but think it was chewing up my belly. There was a high alcohol content if thats what your going for then thats the beers high point. Cheap bad beer, this is par for the coarse.

RoBotGod, Mar 18, 2005
1.2/5  rDev -51.6%

Had this beer again at a recent beer festival. After downing some Unibroue's and nice Belgian beers, a coworker asked how the Iron City was. I told him it was the worst beer ever, and he immediately had to taste it. Was exactly as I remembered. Bitter, fizzy, watery, acrid. Tastes like rotting vegetables, aluminum, and methane. A hint of steel-mill runoff. It's like Pittsburgh in a can.

It's like a beer, only instead of hops they used garbage, instead of malt they used garbage, and instead of water, they used garbage water. The best thing I can say is that the IC Light is way better than the regular, probably because the nasty taste is more watered down.

deliriumtremens, Apr 15, 2005

jASivak, Sep 14, 2014
1.2/5  rDev -51.6%

Picked up a 30 pack as a novelty for the super bowl.

Tough aftertaste -musty basement like smell - I had trouble downing the second can.

Loved the Steelers Victory but could not warm up to the "Arn"

Some folks at the party were drinking it and enjoying the fact that it was a Pittsburgh brew -

Walsar, Mar 07, 2006

Damian74Shensky, Dec 08, 2012

KK5150, Jul 01, 2012

BigGingDrinker, Jan 17, 2014

nineworldseries, Jun 03, 2013

J_Beloved, Nov 19, 2012

edzo22, Apr 30, 2012
1.25/5  rDev -49.6%

I drank this beer from a bottle into a pint glass.

Everyone in Pittsburgh somehow chokes this down a regular basis. Maybe the new brewer will do this beer some good, but this is light, watery, piss tasting beer. Not a good one.

Its gold in color, white head, skunky smell, bitter taste. Enough said.

jrallen34, Jul 22, 2009
1.33/5  rDev -46.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It's shaped and capped like a bottle, but formed of aluminum..."alumabottle"?
"can'bottle"?...yet I can't crush it, nor will break when dropped...huh!

Clear, clean, pale yellow hue, small head disappears instantly.

Aroma: faint, yet still foul. Cooked corn, spoiled grain...not pleasant in the least. Sweet, yet putrid. I fear to drink it...

Taste: hollow, wet, no taste to speak of, no flavor, no character, any trace of the above vanishes immediately. What little taste there is holds no appeal, even cannot be redeemed by the lightness, follows through in the finish.

Not good.
If were stuck on a desert island with nothing but this beer, I'd try my best to grow gills and get away!

("thanks" to Chaz!)

feloniousmonk, Jun 08, 2005
1.35/5  rDev -45.6%

Tastes the same going in as it does going out. Avoid unless you're deeply (and delusionally) nostalgic. If you gotta go Pennsylvanian, then go Yuengling or Troegs or even Rolling Rock before you go here. Pitt has a lot of other things going for it: Warhol, Stellers, U Pitt, etc. The beer ain't one of those things.

epim00, Jan 02, 2014
Iron City Beer from Pittsburgh Brewing Co.