I.C. Light Mango - Pittsburgh Brewing Co.

I.C. Light MangoI.C. Light Mango

poor

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Light Lager |  3.80% ABV

(Beer added by: WVbeergeek on 07-02-2011)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

misternebbie, Aug 27, 2014
2.32/5  rDev +0.9%

GameOfBeers, Aug 19, 2014

(Served in a strange)

A- 3 This beer pours a crystal clear hue of straw yellow with a pale white head of big bubbles that is soon gone but supported by a racing carbonation.

S- 3 The dry aroma of mango jolly ranchers is all the comes through although it remains soft.

T- 3 The light dry mango flavor is ripe with a soft dry candy and powdery flavor in the finish.

M- 2.5 The medium mouthfeel has a spicy soda pop fizz that cuts any flavor and cleans the finish.

O- 2.5 The soft mango note is nice but that is all there is and it is more like soda pop that beer.

rhoadsrage, Aug 18, 2014

Griggsy, Sep 20, 2013

dsnyder61, Sep 18, 2013

tdm168, Sep 14, 2013
2.5/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Enjoyed this bottled brew out a large snifter glass.

A: Pours a golden hue with a minimal white head that quickly dissipates.

S: Fruity mango aroma.

T: yep – fruity mango flavor too.

M: Medium body and medium carbonation.

O: Just an ok fruity brew.

ckollias, Sep 03, 2013
2.41/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Served in a tumbler.

So it's the night before VDubb's wedding, and his brother and I trek off to the liquor store down the street. Nothing all that impressive or anything, but the six-packs of this stuff catch my semi-masochistic eye. How could such a ticker resist? Anyway, this stuff pours a clear pale brass topped by a finger or so of short-lived off-white foam. The nose comprises hard water, very light mango syrup (decidedly artificial) and glass. Yes, glass. I don't think I've ever actually smelled glass before, even when putting my nostrils against a bottle, but that's how my brain sorted the scent-fraction that then accosted me. The taste holds notes of fake mango syrup and funky grains (think a skunked beer that's been allowed to recover its smell but not its taste). Why did i buy this? The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a slick feel. Overall, this was pretty much as bad as I expected it to be. It also lives up to its description: it is a cheap light lager with fake mango flavoring (and not very much of it). Boo this noise.

TMoney2591, Aug 26, 2013

danthehopslamman, Aug 06, 2013
1.25/5  rDev -45.7%

Dapper_Dan_Man, Aug 05, 2013
2.25/5  rDev -2.2%

Alkey, Jun 21, 2013
3.21/5  rDev +39.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I have been curious to try this for a while and when I saw it in the cooler at Pizza Boy in Enola as a single, I snapped it up. I have always been more of an Arn man than an IC Light drinker, but curiosity was too much to overcome. Today has been a humid one and I imagine that this will taste good just as a light, refreshing drink.

My pour netted me two foamy fingers of bone-white head whose fluffiness reminded me of meringue. Color was a very pale-yellow with NE-quality clarity and loads of CO2 bubbles in evidence. The color was somewhat bothersome as I have had micturations that were darker. Nose smelled like mango, which was nice. Mango, with its deep pink fleshy fruit and its earthy flavor always reminds me of something else that is very pleasant. Say no more. The mouthfeel was watery, but effervescent and definitely tasted of mango. Mango wango tango! Finish was cool and refreshing, just what I needed after the heat of the day. I probably would not want a whole bunch and the fact that they are only bottling it reduces the chances of it filling a cooler. If they were to begin CANning this, I might CANsider it for the cooler.

woodychandler, May 22, 2013

ejimhof, May 05, 2013

dmorgan310, Apr 13, 2013

spedprof, Apr 02, 2013
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
I.C. Light Mango from Pittsburgh Brewing Co.