2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

I.C. Light Mango - Pittsburgh Brewing Co.

I.C. Light MangoI.C. Light Mango

poor

Pittsburgh Brewing Co. visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Light Lager |  3.80% ABV

(Beer added by: WVbeergeek on 07-02-2011)
View: Beers (13) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 37 | Reviews: 13 | Show All Ratings:
Reviews by OWSLEY069:
OWSLEY069

1.88/5  rDev -19%

Pours a clean pale yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, sugary and fruity. In the taste, small Czech hops and sugary fruity dry to sweet to dry. A sugary bite and light bodied mouthfeel, with a dry pils like aftertaste. Different for sure, too sweet and I cannot understand the mango. It's Pittsburgh, not the beach.

09-14-2011 13:52:37 | More by OWSLEY069

09-14-2013 20:36:08 | More by tdm168
ckollias

Maryland

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Enjoyed this bottled brew out a large snifter glass.

A: Pours a golden hue with a minimal white head that quickly dissipates.

S: Fruity mango aroma.

T: yep – fruity mango flavor too.

M: Medium body and medium carbonation.

O: Just an ok fruity brew.

09-03-2013 16:01:25 | More by ckollias
TMoney2591

2.41/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Served in a tumbler.

So it's the night before VDubb's wedding, and his brother and I trek off to the liquor store down the street. Nothing all that impressive or anything, but the six-packs of this stuff catch my semi-masochistic eye. How could such a ticker resist? Anyway, this stuff pours a clear pale brass topped by a finger or so of short-lived off-white foam. The nose comprises hard water, very light mango syrup (decidedly artificial) and glass. Yes, glass. I don't think I've ever actually smelled glass before, even when putting my nostrils against a bottle, but that's how my brain sorted the scent-fraction that then accosted me. The taste holds notes of fake mango syrup and funky grains (think a skunked beer that's been allowed to recover its smell but not its taste). Why did i buy this? The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and a slick feel. Overall, this was pretty much as bad as I expected it to be. It also lives up to its description: it is a cheap light lager with fake mango flavoring (and not very much of it). Boo this noise.

08-26-2013 16:20:40 | More by TMoney2591

2.25/5  rDev -3%

06-21-2013 06:06:36 | More by Alkey
woodychandler

3.21/5  rDev +38.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I have been curious to try this for a while and when I saw it in the cooler at Pizza Boy in Enola as a single, I snapped it up. I have always been more of an Arn man than an IC Light drinker, but curiosity was too much to overcome. Today has been a humid one and I imagine that this will taste good just as a light, refreshing drink.

My pour netted me two foamy fingers of bone-white head whose fluffiness reminded me of meringue. Color was a very pale-yellow with NE-quality clarity and loads of CO2 bubbles in evidence. The color was somewhat bothersome as I have had micturations that were darker. Nose smelled like mango, which was nice. Mango, with its deep pink fleshy fruit and its earthy flavor always reminds me of something else that is very pleasant. Say no more. The mouthfeel was watery, but effervescent and definitely tasted of mango. Mango wango tango! Finish was cool and refreshing, just what I needed after the heat of the day. I probably would not want a whole bunch and the fact that they are only bottling it reduces the chances of it filling a cooler. If they were to begin CANning this, I might CANsider it for the cooler.

05-22-2013 20:27:06 | More by woodychandler

3.75/5  rDev +61.6%

08-19-2012 00:35:19 | More by Scott_McCool
JamesPGH

3.85/5  rDev +65.9%

I saw enough of the "Mango Madness" billboards to finally pick up a six pack at Giant Eagle.

Appearance: a very pale yellow color. A head that fizzes up quick than disappears like soda. No lacing.

Smell: Surprisingly exactly what I would want from a summer fruit beer. Smells of sugar and mango with a malt backbone. Unlike a lot of brewers, who make fruit the main flavor and forget they're making beer, Iron City remembered this is beer and so I was happy to smell a grainy backbone behind the fruit. Bravo.

Taste: Again, like the smell Iron City remembers this is a beer. It has a carbonic bite to it, and a pleasant real tasting mango flavor to it with a beer backbone throughout.

Mouthfeel: I was going to rate this low but measuring this against the style (light/fruit beer) its appropriate to the style (Thin/ fizzy)

Overall: I normally don't like fruit beers because they forget that they're still beers. IC Light Mango has a beer backbone to it and the mango is only there to compliment which I really like. Overall I am mostly surprised and think that this beer may be a gateway into other more crafty fruit beers for the consumer.

07-15-2012 18:04:01 | More by JamesPGH
IPAFrankieH

07-09-2012 12:12:34 | More by IPAFrankieH
Dray

1.58/5  rDev -31.9%

The beer is as advertised. That is a beer for people who don't like beer.
I got this at a bar as a sample while drinking a Sam Adams. It took 5 minutes of drinking water to cleanse my pallet from the Sam just to taste this beer.
Watered down and lacking any character at all.
Its worth noting that anyone that gives this beer a good or decent rating is most likely a yinzer, homeboy.

Its ok not to like something that comes out of Pittsburgh!! You can still love the "Stillers", its ok. Myron said you could.

06-30-2012 14:37:14 | More by Dray
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
I.C. Light Mango from Pittsburgh Brewing Co.