Idaho Pale Ale - Grand Teton Brewing Co.

Idaho Pale Ale

Beer added by: HopHead84 on 05-05-2011

to view more.
Ratings: 7 | Reviews: 4
4.03/5  rDev n/a

Served from tap into a sampler shaker. Poured yellow-orange with a half finger off-white head that subsided to a minimal amount slowly. Maintained phenomenal lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, citrus, citrus hop, pine, and pine resin. The flavor was of sweet malt, pine, pine hop, citrus, and citrus hop. It had a light feel on the palate with mild carbonation. Overall this was a pretty good brew. I was really surprised by this one as I really wasn’t expecting much. This is one of the few Grand Teton brews that I have tried as of now, but based on this one I need to try more of their stuff. This was a really well done Pale Ale and a great representation of the style. The citrus aspect in this one was really what made it for me with a nice touch of bitterness from the pine made it really nicely balanced and easy to drink. Definitely worth trying, even if you have to seek it out.

3.83/5  rDev n/a

Brought my own Growler into the Grand Teton Brewing Co & had it filled for $7.50. Tapped from the Handle w/ a field of wheat & the Tetons in the background into a my 64oz Wedge Brewing Company Growler & then poured into my 0,47l New Belgium Oversized Snifter Glass & also shared w/ GeoffTheAleMan.

Aroma- Very sweet, tons of hop, but the malts actually overpower the hops here. Enjoyed it but wanted more of a punch in here.

Appearance- Pours a .5 finger head that had tons of bubbles and died fairly quickly. Has a nice copper body and clear. Leaves nothing on the glass afterwards as far as lacing or what not.

Flavor- Good citrus, fruity, and medium hop flavor throughout the whole drink makes up all of the characteristics. A light-medium bitterness level finishes this up.

Mouthfeel- Medium Bodied, Medium Carbonation, Smooth, and leaves sweet hops and fruit on the palate.

Overall Impression- While enjoying this already at the brewery, I wanted to bring home for some friends as well. I enjoyed on-tap the first time much more for some reason... Not sure what the deal was here. Either way, would absolutely recommend coming into their BrewPub to enjoy, anytime!

3.23/5  rDev n/a

On tap @ The Davis Beer Shoppe, Davis CA.

A: Nice two finger head. A light yellow color with a bit of carbonation.

S: Something was off here. I don't know what exactly, but it smelled skunky and it got worse as the glass emptied. I've never had a full-on skunked beer, but this was how I imagine they smell.

T: What it lacked for in smell, it made up for in taste. A great, clean IPA. Citrusy and astringent with a bit of bitterness in the aftertaste. A bit of herbal or floral that might have been the cause of the smell.

M: Light body, dry and astringent.

O: Everything was great except for the smell. Again, I'm not sure if the smell was intended, or if there was a bad keg. It's totally possible that I'm not trained well enough to define what I was smelling.

3.65/5  rDev n/a

4/8/2011

On tap at Pizza Port Ocean Beach. Thanks Micaela! Tulip. Described as "what might be the first-ever all-Idaho beer, crafted only with hops grown in Southwest Idaho, high country barley grown and malted in Southeast Idaho, and pure Teton mountain spring water."

A: Very light in color. Pale yellow gold with a creamy white cap. Perfect transparency.

S: Notes of apricot, peach, mango, tangerine, orange, and grapefruit, with a subtle floral flair. The fruit is pretty powerful, and I'm surprised. I also get a faint sulfurish note and some earth. No evident malt or alcohol.

T: As expected from the aroma, a panoply of fruit: orange, peach, mango, tangerine, and apricot. There's a subtle malt influence and a firm dry bitterness. Alcohol is faint and there's a little astringency in the end. There is a distinct earthiness that I can't quite describe, but it's unique and pervasive. Light mineral.

M: Light in body with moderate carbonation. Mouthfeel is dry and sticky.

Overall: A unique beer that wasn't on my radar but one that I was very glad to try.

to view more.
Idaho Pale Ale from Grand Teton Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.