2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Endless Summer Light - Karl Strauss Brewing Company

Endless Summer LightEndless Summer Light

Karl Strauss Brewing Company visit their website

Light Lager |  3.30% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 07-03-2005)
View: Beers (47) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 27 | Reviews: 10 | Show All Ratings:
Popp24

2.88/5  rDev 0%

Trying to drink lighter right now so I tried this one. Let's just say I will be drinking something with 20 or 30 more calories next for some actual taste.

A - Light golden and pretty transparent. Very little head that disappears almost right away.

S - I can't smell much here. It smells like a beer at least.

T - Kinda taste's a tad sweet but besides that it's your standard pilsner.

M - Thin.

O - It has a little taste and I would probably drink it over most domestic lights but that's not saying much.

03-11-2012 04:25:08 | More by Popp24
HopHead84

2.58/5  rDev -10.4%

12/23/2011

On tap at Karl Strauss

A: Transparent straw yellow with a finger of white foam that quickly fades.

S: Light grassy notes with grain and biscuit. I get a little honey.

T: Grainy malt with a mild biscuit note. There's a faint grassiness. I get a trace of honey.

M: Light body with upper medium carbonation.

Overall: For a light lager this is decent, but it's pretty flavorless and not something I would ever order again.

12-23-2011 23:35:56 | More by HopHead84
OStrungT

2.75/5  rDev -4.5%

This beer pours a clear, light yellow color. Carbonation bubbles rise up from the bottom of the glass. It boasts a very tiny white head. The head fades quickly, leaving no lace.

This beer smells like the water in canned corn. It has a very slight grainy aroma to it as well. Nothing else.

This beer has almsot no flavor at all. I taste a very slight grainy flavor. Other than that, it is pretty much carbonated water tinted yellow.

This beer is lightly carbonated. It leaves no aftertaste what so ever.

I dont know what type of session beer this is. I am having trouble giving drinkability a score because if I want to drink a beer, this would have low drinkability. I dont taste any beer. However, it is easy to drink. I guess that means it should score high.

Overall: No problem with the flavor, xcept that it has none. Dont drink this one. I should have known better.

12-13-2009 21:23:29 | More by OStrungT
jeffjeff1

3.1/5  rDev +7.6%

This was ok. It was good for a light beer.

Appearance- gold color, transparent

Smell- bready, nice

Taste- nice for a light beer, light flavor

Mouthfeel- thick for a light beer

Drinkability- I might drink it again. I dunno maybe, not too bad though

06-18-2009 00:16:32 | More by jeffjeff1
magictrokini

2.42/5  rDev -16%

Everything about this beer is light. Pours light gold with a foamy white head. Aroma is light fruity hops and straw. Tastes pretty good, for what there is. Light grapefruit and orange hops with very light pale malt. Pretty good, especially for a low alcohol/light beer.

12-09-2008 23:00:04 | More by magictrokini
MiScusi

2.25/5  rDev -21.9%

12oz bottle drank at Baja Fresh in Brea, CA. Yeah it's a light lager alright, but my main comment on it was it tasted pretty astringent. I had happened to have a couple coors lights at a baseball game the day before and that was so much cleaner than this beer, although it lacked just as much flavor.

07-01-2008 05:34:30 | More by MiScusi
Overlord

1.68/5  rDev -41.7%

This beer pissed me off in multiple ways.

First off, it looks like a macro lager. Okay, I shouldn't have been drawn by the reference to a very cool surfing movie. Yellowy color with no depth or variation, thin white head.

Smells like nothing. Tastes ... like not much. Maybe some citrus in there, and skunky malt. Karl Strauss is a microbrewery. They have a few decent beers. Enough with the skunk!

Then, to top it all off, I realize this weak, watery beer is 2.8% alcohol. That's just insulting.

01-31-2008 07:50:02 | More by Overlord
soulgrowl

United Kingdom (England)

4.15/5  rDev +44.1%

Appearance: Perfectly average golden yellow body with a perfectly average white head; instantly recognizable as beer - no more, no less.

Smell: Very nice. Are we sure this is a light lager? It smells more like a Kölsch, or maybe even a pale mild. Surprisingly complex and mouthwatering, with notes of biscuits, honey, pineapple, sake yeast, and some diacetyl. And since the malts aren't caramelly or toasty, the diacetyl comes through in an interesting way; not butterscotchy or toffee-like, but more like buttered popcorn. Some rough fusel alcohol is also detectable in the background.

Taste: Light, but not too light. Corny, crackery, and biscuity with a happoshu-like touch of unmalted barley. The hops are pleasant and fleeting, fading in to provide balance and spice, then quickly fading out. The beer starts and finishes malty, yet refreshing.

Mouthfeel: A tad too thick. The carbonation strikes a nice chord between soft, airy, and sparkly, but it should be dryer overall.

Drinkability: Wow. I had low expectations for this beer - light lager, bought on sale at a store in Japan, from a brewery I've never heard of - but they were far, far surpassed. Very nice - a light lager for ESB fans? I will be buying more of this.

10-25-2007 09:44:59 | More by soulgrowl
Floydster

3.05/5  rDev +5.9%

12 ounce bottle at Bad Dog Ale House in El Segundo

Poured into a pint glass with a golden color and a very small white head

Smell was weak and a little hint of hops and yeast

Taste was smooth, but not much to it

Very easy to drink, super light, and goes down with no problems

Low alcohol content

09-21-2007 15:58:25 | More by Floydster
orangetee

Kansas

3.48/5  rDev +20.8%

I got a six-pack of this as a gift from a friend who went to LA. I don't normally look for light beers, but it's a chance to try a beer I haven't seen in my area. Poured it into a pilsner glass. NIce golden color with a white foamy head. Not a pale as I was expecting which I took as a good sign. A ring of foam remained until the end with a little lacing. Has a pretty generic beer smell which is, I guess, a mild combo of malt and hops. Nice mild hop taste. Very crisp and light, but not over bland and watery. Perfect amount of carbonation. Really not a bad beer. I could see myself having a few of these at a seaside cafe on a warm afternoon and being really happy. Or, maybe during and after some yard work. Very drinkable.

08-26-2007 19:21:59 | More by orangetee