Pabst Blue Ribbon Dry - Sleeman Breweries Ltd.

Pabst Blue Ribbon DryPabst Blue Ribbon Dry

Sleeman Breweries Ltd. visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

(Beer added by: Shadman on 10-14-2007)
Reviews by Shadman:
1.78/5  rDev -7.8%

Brewed by Stroh Canada aka Sleeman Brewery. Sliver can with the classic blue ribbon. Macro amber yellow in color, maybe slightly more pale than say Canadian. 1 finger of fizzy bone white head that lives fast, dies young, and leaves a very poor white ring. Lacing fans, there's nothing here for you. Aroma is sweet corn, some slight veggie undertone, and alcohol. Quite harsh at the start as the carbonation and whatever this swill is made from bit hard on the tongue. Middle is that sweet malt/corn flavour so prevalent in these cheap beers, followed by a bitter, almost drying/astringent aftertaste.

Looking at the last 4 ounces in my glass, this looks exactly like something my bladder excretes first thing in the morning. Will find some sucker to drink the other 5 as I will never be having another 1

Shadman, Oct 14, 2007
1.7/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

625ml Bottle - from Marche Omni

Appearance – Clear light yellow colour with a small size fizzy white coloured head. There is an average amount of carbonation showing and there is no lacing. The head lasted for only a few seconds.

Smell - Grains, bread, corn, malts, apples

Taste & Mouth - The beer has a low amount of carbonation. I can taste bread mixed with malts, and lots of corn. There is also a bit of a apple juice sweetness. It ends with a apple/corn aftertaste.

Overall – Wow, this is a bad beer.. It left me yearning for a regular old Pabst, which is saying something. I wouldn't buy this beer again, and would suggest you do the same.

spinrsx, Jan 23, 2012

Socialiste, May 13, 2014
1.68/5  rDev -13%

A few years ago there was a short lived strike with the drivers of the major brewers in BC. They brought in US PBR and sold it cheap to piss off the union. I happen to like US PBR as it is clean, light and inoffensive (like the Kolsch of adjunct lagers). I bought a six of PBR lately without thinking that it was different. Well I was upset to find that the low ABV beer has been transformed into a nasty 6 percent piece of crap. The people that reformulated the beer totally missed the point of what made the US version drinakble.

canucklehead, Apr 05, 2008
2.5/5  rDev +29.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A: I cannot say exactly what I think of the appearance because I was drinking it straight from the can. From what I have seen , excluding the ads that bias the appearance in favor of the company, it looked somewhat decent. Very transparent with the generic AAL color.

S: Slight amount of sweet malts and am almost hay like aroma comes through even in the can.

T:Very watery really. A slight it of the hay like malts I mentioned in the aroma but really they're not even that prevalent. That being said its not obtrusive. It may be very watery but it's not foul tasting.

M: Spritzy and similar in carbonation to a soda. Thin body.

O: Someone offered me a can while boating so I didn't refuse nor do I wish I had. It was okay but wouldn't buy it and I can think of a million other beers I would choose over it.You can't hate nothing but it also might not be enjoyable. Also this beer is not discontinued where I live it readily available for about 12$ a 12 pack. Easy way to get sloshed but I'd rather avoid that.

Haydn-Juby, Oct 14, 2013
Pabst Blue Ribbon Dry from Sleeman Breweries Ltd.
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.