Old Milwaukee - Sleeman Breweries Ltd.

Old MilwaukeeOld Milwaukee

awful

Sleeman Breweries Ltd. visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

A crisp, refreshing lager, light in body and texture with a smooth finish and no after taste.

(Beer added by: wordemupg on 09-06-2009)

1.01/5  rDev -51.4%

I have few things to say about this beer.
And what few things I have to say are not positive.

1. This beer is terribly dehydrating to drink. Possibly due to its flavour. Not refreshing at all.

2. Unless you love the taste of liquefied cheese, do not let this beer warm up past ice cold.
Trust me.

In short:
Unless you're holding a cheese tasting party, and want to offer a liquid alternative, DON'T BUY THIS BEER!

1.16/5  rDev -44.2%

1.25/5  rDev -39.9%

1.25/5  rDev -39.9%

1.45/5  rDev -30.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

A: Unappetizing pale straw liquid with minimal head.

S: Lemon, grass and earthy noble hops and metal.

T: Sweet corn taste with metallic flavors and lemon and grass.

M: Thin viscosity and a low level of carbonation.

O: A regrettable beer that has no redeeming qualities other than the alcohol content and cheap price. The hobos choice.

1.5/5  rDev -27.9%

1.5/5  rDev -27.9%

1.99/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

I just got back from a great camping trip where I had the opportunity to sample some fine lagers at an increased temperature. Our camping location didn't offer much opportunity to buy anything because we were so far from civilisation, so we had to make do with the warm beers.

This was an old favourite of mine when I did my underage drinking in grade 12. Back then I didn't really know what a good beer was, and this was the beer my buddy introduced to me when we first hung out in my basement. I thought it was a bit gnarly even then, but now I can say for sure that this is an awful thing to buy.

I can't comment on the appearance of the beer itself, since nobody would ever contemplate pouring this into a glass other than a red solo cup. Odds are if you're drinking this, you likely don't own any proper beer glasses anyway. I did always have a thing for the girls on the can and the box. For some reason I thought they looked better when I was a kid, but that may just be reflecting my changing attitudes towards the fairer sex. Anyway, to the beer!

I've had this beer at every temperature on the thermometer save for boiling, and it is only acceptable at temperatures approaching 0 degrees celsius. This beer was about 30 degrees at least when I had it over the weekend, and I recall having to drown it in two big gulps with a short break in between to hold back the vomit. We were by a river after all, and hurling into mother nature's glorious streams is not cool. Compared to other crappy lagers in these parts like Lucky and TNT, this really isn't as bad. That's not saying much, but you could do worse.

The aroma smells like beer. Stinky beer. You're better off holding your breath while consuming this beer, since you're just looking to become intoxicated when you purchase this product. It finishes off with a nice warm head that makes your stomach want to kill you for punishing it with these unfair red bullets. Luckily after you've downed 4 or 5 into your eager gullet, you will no longer notice the aroma or the taste.

Old Milwaukee from Sleeman Breweries Ltd.