Helles Bock Beer - Klosterbrauerei Reutberg

Maibock / Helles Bock |  6.70% ABV

Beer added by: ironlung on 04-22-2009

Reviews by Offa:
4.48/5  rDev n/a

I found this to be an excellent maibock.

Deep gold, it has a big white head steadily shrinking to frothy ring, leaving a little bit of weak lace.

Aroma is strong raisiny bread dough, lots of herbs - it's full, well-rounded, and pleasant.

Taste is creamy dough, raisiny grain, lots of herb, firm raisiny-doughy sweetness, zesty/engaging herbal bitterness. It has a creamy, full feel that is yet lively.

3.15/5  rDev n/a

My first German beer! The guy at my local bottle shop told me this was brewed by nuns,and has something speical in it to keep you drinking.(don't think I need much help in that department!)

1pt,9fl.oz[500ml] euro[stubby]bottle into etched hop tulip from SN...

A: Crystal-clear gold, 2-finger head dissapates quickly. No lace.

S: Malt& alcohol twinge.

T: Just different. Hard to describe. Pretty balanced though with a crisp and somewhat refreshing finish.

M: Leaves what to me is a bad taste, but I'm sure its because I'm a noob to this style.

D: I would have this again. I think I'm off my all IPA all the time kick.

3.53/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A: The beer is clear golden yellow in color and poured with a two finger high beige head that rapidly faded away. A very light amount of carbonation is visible from the rising bubbles.
S: The nose is rather malty and also has aromas of grassy hops.
T: The taste is slightly sweet and has flavors of bready, caramel and roasted malts; there are some hints of alcohol and bitterness in the finish.
M: It feels medium-bodied, creamy and smooth on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation. There is some dryness in the finish and a bit of warming from the alcohol.
D: The beer isn't that difficult to drink because the alcohol for the most part is well masked.

3.58/5  rDev n/a

This German brew came from the local market i happen to work at. The sales rep told me nuns brew it and its one of the oldest breweries in Germany. I took her word for it, she could sell ice to eskimos, amazing...

A: rich golden color with great glow when put up to the light. 1-2 finger head that fades fast with no lacing.

S: strong hop sent on initial whiff. continued to get better aromas of citrus and grapefruit with whirling in glass.

T: light and crisp to the pallet. the taste is exactly what you'd expect from the smell. i can feel the brew almost coating my throat as it goes down.

M: sharp and refreshing but hit bitter notes linger too long on the tongue. kinda ruins the flavor for me

D: its a beer i could drink all night. i really enjoy it and the alcohol content is pretty decent for how light it tastes. future classic

3.5/5  rDev n/a

3.14/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

This beer is got a very grassy taste and wheat. Mouth feel is heavy. But overall it's a good beer just nothing I would drink alot.

3.25/5  rDev n/a

Helles Bock Beer from Klosterbrauerei Reutberg
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.