1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Warrior IPA - Left Hand Brewing Company

Warrior IPAWarrior IPA

Left Hand Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

(Beer added by: goindownsouth on 03-27-2003)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Warrior IPA Alström Bros

Stillmakingnoise, Apr 17, 2014

3.25/5  rDev -14.9%

DerrickW, Jan 18, 2014

Belittle, Jan 10, 2014
4.1/5  rDev +7.3%

A - Pours copper with a one finger head.
S - Hoppy pine and citrus with a bit of carmel malt
T - Just like the smell with plenty of hop. Pine, citrus grassy, lemon. bitter with a bit of malt.
M - Body on the light side of medium. Easy to drink.
O - Fresh hops and easy to drink. A little over priced.

patpbr, Jan 09, 2014
3.73/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into tulip; clear honey orange with rising carbonation feeding a nice shiny white head that fades after a bit into a half-finger puck of solid foam.
Smell is crisp piney and citrusey hops, lots of rind and herbal bitterness.
Taste follows nose; clean malt with some interesting hops on top. Mostly herbal and earthy bitterness, with some citrus rind and a strange tang to it that I can't put my finger on.
Mouthfeel is light and crisp, dry finish.
Overall, this is a crisp and tasty IPA. Bit light on flavor, but I'm not sure how old the bottle is and since it says "brewed once a year" there's a good chance this could be a bit past its prime.

BurgeoningBrewhead, Jan 04, 2014

BeerBeast, Jan 01, 2014

BigTrubble, Dec 30, 2013

jaywes754, Dec 30, 2013
3.19/5  rDev -16.5%

I picked up a bottle of Left Hand's Warrior IPA a couple days ago for $6.99 at The Lager Mill. I planned on sharing this bottle with a friend who likes fresh hopped beers and I thought he might enjoy it, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date, but I thought it was fairly fresh since it showed up a few weeks ago. Poured from a brown 22oz bottle into a snifter,

A- The label looks ok, I don't love it, but it's fairly eye catching. The label is different then the one shown, its a black white face of a warrior looking chick, looks like it could be from a comic book or something. It poured a caramel amber color that took on more of a copper color when held to the light with two fingers worth of white head that died down to a thin ring that eventually faded away and it left some spotty lacing behind. This was a pretty nice looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a medium amount of sweetness followed by a good amount of hops being the first to show up and they impart a nice mixture of fruity, piney, earthy, and floral hops with the fruity hops seeming to stick out the most and they impart a nice citrus hop aroma. Up next comes to the malts which impart a grainy, biscuit and caramel malt like flavors with the caramel and biscuit malts seeming to stick out the most. This beer had a nice aroma for an IPA, but there was nothing special about it.

T- The taste seems to be a little different from the aroma and it starts off with a medium amount of sweetness followed by a slightly higher amount of medium bitterness being the first to show up and it disappeared very quickly along a slight generic hop flavor that quickly showed up. Up next comes the malts that impart all those malty aspects that I got in the aroma withe caramel malts seeming to stick out just a little more this time. The aftertaste was pretty malty with some biscuit and caramel malt flavors coming through. This beer was ok tasting, but i thought it was pretty bland for the style with hardly any hop flavors.

M- A little smooth, clean, crisp, slightly creamy, medium bodied, with a medium amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was nice and it worked well with this beer.

Overall I didn't like this beer and I thought it was an average at best example of an IPA and it's even a little more disappointing when you look at it as a fresh hopped IPA, since there's no date on it I have no clue how old it is, I just assumed since it recently showed up that Left Hand was of the last brewery's to put out their Fresh Hopped IPA, somebody always has to be last. This beer didn't have the best drinkability, it was a little smooth, crisp, and not too filling, but the taste did not do a good job at holding my attention and a half a bottle is enough for me, I'm glad a i split this bottle with someone because I think it would be a chore for me to drink the whole bottle. What I liked the most about this beer was the appearance and aroma, they were both nice and the aroma was the highlight of this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the hop profile in the taste, it was not that impressive with a quick glimpse of bitterness and a light generic hop flavor. I might buy this beer if I knew it was really fresh but other then that I don't feel like it's worth spending $7 for a bomber of a lackluster IPA, I wouldn't recommend it either. All in all I was let down with this beer, after reading a few reviews I thought this would to turn out to be a good IPA, but it wasn't and I don't know if age had something to do with it, but with no bottled on dates I can't tell so I will hold that against them, Better luck next time Left Hand, this one just wasn't for me.

StoutHunter, Dec 29, 2013