Gnomegang Blonde Ale - Brewery Ommegang

No picture uploaded.

Brewery Ommegang visit their website
New York, United States

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  9.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Joelski on 12-08-2013)

4.81/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Poured from a 12oz bottle (no freshness date) into a Libbey 16oz Munique elongated tulip glass.

A- A conservative pour reveals (at just above refrigerator temperature) a hazy, light orange/golden color with a massive 3-finger, soapy/rocky white head that sustains forever...taking a sip is the only way to force it to subside. (5.0)

S- Despite the absence of adjuncts (of which Ommegang is known), this is an immensely aromatic beer and highly phenolic...spice and bubblegum are immediate followed by slight banana, melon and tangy citrus (orange, lemon and lime). (4.75)

T- Yeasty/Bready malts up front quickly transform into a honey sweetness mid-palate. The sweetness does not linger long and finishes dry with a healthy dose of pine resin. Although not overly complex, the 9.5% ABV is non-existent in both the nose and flavor. (4.75)

M- Massive carbonation not only prevents any residual malt sweetness to linger, it increases the drinkability of this hefty Belgian Golden Strong Ale. Not surprisingly, Gnomegang sports a pronounced body...certainly on the heavier side of medium. (4.75)

O- Wow...the convergence of (Chouffe and Ommegang) yeast strains seem to have culminated in a monumental beer. Although I do not know the freshness of the bottle (of which I purchased at the brewery, so I can only assume it to be 3-6 months old...if not younger) this is one aromatic and flavorful Belgian Ale. Gnomegang drinks much like a hybrid between a Tripel (think Unibroue's La Fin Du Monde) and a Golden Strong (a la Duvel)...the former felt in the flavor & mouthfeel while the latter is reminiscent in the finish. Assuming this is now a year-round offering (12oz 4-Packs), this is something I will seek out on a regular basis. (5.0)

4.72/5  rDev +15.4%

4.71/5  rDev +15.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A delightful beer! I've yet to be disappointed by Ommegang brewery. About as good an example of an American made Belgian style. Reminds me of Duvel. This is a real keeper and will become a staple of my beer repertoire. A great find!!!

4.7/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Had with a plate of delicious cheeses and the beer definitely enhanced he cheese and the cheese helped balance the beer. You get that amazing ommegang fruity estery yeast character. Drinks like a sweeter tripel... But the sweetness really hides the alcohol well. Really nice. I enjoyed

4.52/5  rDev +10.5%

4.5/5  rDev +10%

I'm not gonna go too into this beer like all the other beer snobs on here I drink my beer at home straight out of the bottle or my stein
. So I've been wanting to get this beer for a while and finally had a chance to get it. By far the best blond I ever had. It's not too watered down like a lot of them are but its not too much of shitty fruity Taste. The only reason. I have it a 4.5 was because the after taste is a little too fruity for me. But with no beer snob comments and BS it's a good blonde beer period.

Delicious

4.33/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wow, what a great beer. Everything about this I like. The taste us super. I am not into all the different ratings for each category. I know what I like and thus I like. Not too many things I don't like from this brewery. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

4.3/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very nice after taste to enjoy

4.25/5  rDev +3.9%