Reboot White I.P.A. - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Reboot White I.P.A.Reboot White I.P.A.

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: Chirpie on 10-09-2013)
Reviews by vmdominguez:

3.94/5  rDev +2.3%

Had on tap at the Corner Slice here in GSO tonight.Poured into a standard pint glass a lightly hazed medium golden with a thinner but well sustained white head atop.Aromas are yeasty but not very phenolic with lemon oils and herbal notes.Citrusy and bright on the palate with yeasty undertones with some spice,more herbal hops come around in the finish.A nice well rounded BIPA,yeasty but not in your face with good fresh hops flavors.

3.93/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: 1/4 inch head, hazy, gold in color, high carbonation

Smell: pine, light citrus, and Belgian spices

Taste: sweet pineapple juice, tangerine, light piney and citrus hops, and Belgian spices.

Mouthfeel: sweet with light bitterness, medium bodied with medium carbonation

Overall: Sweet for the Belgian IPA style but full of juicy fruit hops. I love the tanginess of the pineapple and the tangerine. Boulevard does not miss with the Smokestack series and I find this to be no exception. Their excellence turns styles I would not normally reach for into beers I would get time and again.

3.4/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Hazy light amber to gold in color. A finger of fine white foam on the top. Pine like hop and coriander aroma. The mouthfeel is moderately carbonated and bitter. I get the hops at the front of the palate and then immediately it gets overtaken by the coriander. The intensity of the coriander dulls as the beer warms slightly.

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

4.34/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Picked up 4 of these 750ml bottles and have tried 2 so far.

I had 3 of the original Collaboration and I liked it. But I have to say I prefer this version. I think it's because I really enjoy the slightly sweeter, less bitter, more bubblegum profile of this beer. It's still an AIPA but it's a different take vs the million other IPAs out there. I prefer my IPAs with their IBUs masked in some way and this fits the bill perfectly.

The smell and taste are very bright. Using the word "refreshing" to describe it isn't a cliché at all. The added Sage and Lemongrass make their presence known, and it's all the better for it.

There's only one knock I have on this beer... It doesn't really hit me as a fall beer. I wish it was released in May, better match for the warmer weather. :-)

3.68/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours an effervescent & slightly hazed bronze with fluffy pearl colored head. Above average head retention & lacing

S: Big-time yeasty notes, graininess, white pepper, coriander & lemon peel, plus juicy-fruit

T: Phenolic notes, wet cereal, lemon zest & grapefruit up front, cloves as well. Grassyness, cloves, grapefruit & wet cereal as this warms. Finishes with lemons, grapefruit & cloves & slight juiciness & a touch of booze bite

MF: Fairly chewy, slight carbonation, decent balance

Drinks fairly easy, not one I would buy again. I find very few of these white IPAs that interesting. I like New Belgium's Accumulation a ton more & can get a sixer of that for less money

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

3.71/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Had on tap at Max's during BBW 2013 (from notes, 10/27/13).

A: Copper. Nice head with lacing.

S: Pine and citrus.

T: Full on hops with refreshing light citrus.

M: Smooth.

O: Quite easy drinking and good. Not phenomenal but a good IPA for the fall.

Reboot White I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.