Reboot White I.P.A. - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Reboot White I.P.A.Reboot White I.P.A.

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: Chirpie on 10-09-2013

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.04/5  rDev +3.1%

A 750ml bottle.

Poured a clear bright yellow with white head and lacing. Nice bubbling from the bottom.

Nose: Spicy with pine and grass hops.

Taste: Well, it got better. If I would have reviewed this off the first sip it would have been bad. This beer is not what I expected. It is not at all hoppy. There are some hops but more in the back ground. It has a leaning toward Belgian style IPA. It would have been even better if they left the sage out. The sage remarkably blends in as I drink the beer. Not near as offensive as the first sip or two.

Carbonation is good. Plenty.

Overall, a good example of the style. Belgian that is.

4.07/5  rDev +3.8%

A- Hazy gold, great head retention, sticky lacing.

S- Smells like condensed wit bier with a floral hop nose, Citrus and spice.

T- All the components of a good wit bier but amplified with a fresh floral and citrus hop bite.

M- The quintessential Boulevard Smokestack Belgium style of beers, lush, velvety, creamy carbonation slightly sticky medium body.

I have had both on tap and bottled and the tap versions hop profile was more pronounced, get it while you can on tap!

3.94/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

on draft at beer study in chapel hill. tulip.

pours a copper color with a smallish head. smell is big on coriander but also piney hops. taste is prominent with sage and similar spices. no bitterness really at all and definitely not your typical IPA. medium bodied with mild carbonation.

overall not gonna be for everyone, but I liked it.

3.42/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Hazy light amber to gold in color. A finger of fine white foam on the top. Pine like hop and coriander aroma. The mouthfeel is moderately carbonated and bitter. I get the hops at the front of the palate and then immediately it gets overtaken by the coriander. The intensity of the coriander dulls as the beer warms slightly.

4.34/5  rDev +10.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Beautifully golden a glowing like a warm bulb, with a pretty consistent finger frothy white head to begin, leaving fingers behind.

There's a tremendous balance of Belgian yeast and a hoppy IPA coming through here, with the muskiness of the sage coming through as well.

The sage seems much more prominent in this version than the past Collaboration #2 - as the beer warms a bit, it subdues some, but is still underscored by a yeastiness and dank citrus.

Smooth, mildly prickly on the tongue and easy-drinking.

Nearly as good as I remember from the original version, with the sage being more pronounced, but still really good.

4.15/5  rDev +5.9%

Poured into a tulip glass from a 750ml bottle.

Boulevards Collaboration No. 2 with Deschutes was one of my favorite beers of that year (2011?). So I was excited to see this come out.

Pours a nice bright clear golden color with some nice slight copper hues on the edges. There is a nice half inch active and medium dense white head that forms with a nice stickyness to it.

Aroma is wonderful starts off with amazing grainy and bready notes followed up quickly by some amazing spice qualities. Notes of coriander mixed in with some clove. Slight sugary sweetness creeps up while then some nice bright and grassy hop notes come up. The hop notes are fresh and slightly citrusy with some very mild pine. The spice notes are wonderfully bright and complex for such a light beer.

Flavor starts off with bright citrusy and slightly pungent hop notes. These notes mix so well with the coriander and peppery spice notes. Notes of clove are present as well as some nice bready wheat with some slightly sweet yeast notes. Great balance between the spice and sweet notes with nice grassy and herbal hops that bring a bright citrus and dry finish to the brew. Mouthfeel is light and refreshing.

Just like I remember. Approachable and delicious White IPA.

4.33/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Picked up 4 of these 750ml bottles and have tried 2 so far.

I had 3 of the original Collaboration and I liked it. But I have to say I prefer this version. I think it's because I really enjoy the slightly sweeter, less bitter, more bubblegum profile of this beer. It's still an AIPA but it's a different take vs the million other IPAs out there. I prefer my IPAs with their IBUs masked in some way and this fits the bill perfectly.

The smell and taste are very bright. Using the word "refreshing" to describe it isn't a cliché at all. The added Sage and Lemongrass make their presence known, and it's all the better for it.

There's only one knock I have on this beer... It doesn't really hit me as a fall beer. I wish it was released in May, better match for the warmer weather. :-)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reboot White I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.