Irish Ale - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Irish AleIrish Ale

good

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Irish Red Ale |  5.80% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-02-2002

Irish Ale, Boulevard’s early spring seasonal beer, is our Midwestern tribute to the legendary red ales of old Ireland. Our recipe combines six kinds of pale and roasted barley malts to provide a rich, toasty flavor and tawny reddish hue.

4.5/5  rDev +23%

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

4.03/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Just picked up a sixer at Walmart for $6.29, and since I'm in Mo now,,,, ( God I miss Chicago ) it just hit the shelves today and I'm a sucker for fresh beer. And just for the record I like Boulevard brews in General.

I really don't like to spend alo't of time commenting on the looks of a brew although I will say it has a nice tawny reddish brown appearance and a nice frothy head on it as well.

Smells of Rich Pale malts ( which I love ) and a nice Floral Hop aroma going on as well,,,, Very nice.

The taste is much better then last year's , in my opinion anyway's. It starts out Hoppy and Floral and quickly turn's into a VERY nice Caramel / Pale / Chocolate Malty palette that then carries out a nice 30 IBU Bitterness that does leave the mouth moist with with the juicy pale and assorted malts... Very Well Balanced.... This is about a well balanced as a brew can be.... I love the floral Hop and malt combo going on here....

Not sure why other's have rated this so low... It's not my favorite style by any mean's. Although I love Brian Boru ( AKA ) Three Floyd's and of course Conway's Irish Ale from Great Lakes. I think this is a fine representation of the style, especially at the price point I'm buying it at. All of the Boulevard 6 packs can be had for $6.29 here in Springfield which is a STEAL in my opinion. Hell sometimes their on sale for $5.99,,, NO BRAINER TO PICK THIS UP...

All in all a beautifully balanced brew that is 6 pack worthy for sure.... Do you ever just crave a nice hop and malt balance where one does not over power the other... If so, then this is your ticket. VERY NICE BREW<<<

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

4.25/5  rDev +16.1%

3.5/5  rDev -4.4%

3.5/5  rDev -4.4%

Irish Ale from Boulevard Brewing Co.