Double-Wide I.P.A. - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Double-Wide I.P.A.Double-Wide I.P.A.

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Beer added by: SafeAtFirst on 11-17-2007

The classic India Pale Ale is a traveler’s beer, aggressively hopped to withstand the long, hot ocean voyage to the British East Indies. Our Double-Wide I.P.A. also travels well, and is right at home in the most exotic ports of call of the Midwest. While this modern-day prairie schooner may not resemble a graceful sailing sloop, our liberal hopping regimen does make her virtually “twister-proof,” with toffee and caramel notes balancing out the lingering bitterness. Enjoy this beer fresh to best appreciate the complex blending of hop aromas, ranging from minty to citrusy, with subtle hints of pine.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Double-Wide I.P.A. Alström Bros

4.5/5  rDev +13.6%

I drink this religiously whenever I visit my in-laws in the midwest. This is what midwest DIPA is all about. Burnt orange with an impressive off white head that sticks to my glass as I drink down. Bready malts balance a massive hop attack that is both bitterly delicious and very well balanced. Tropical fruits, citrus and cinnamon rolls greet the palate. The finish is dry and assertive, the malts and hops commingle as you swallow leaving you wanting for more. As a west coaster who enjoys the abundance of world class IPA/DIPA and their unique profiles I respect this brew as one that truly defines the regions resources to their fullest. To make things even better, Boulevard is now making these world class brews available for all us west coast BA'ers.

4.03/5  rDev +1.8%

A - Fantastic multi-finger head, great lacing just hangs around. Nice amber color.

S - Earthy apricot

T - Clean balanced IPA, leans a little hoppy over bready malt. Citrus.

M - Good carbonation, medium body for an IPA. Easy drinking feel.

O - A solid, flavorful Double IPA that is drinkable and looks great poured in a glass.

4.75/5  rDev +19.9%

4.75/5  rDev +19.9%

4.25/5  rDev +7.3%

Double-Wide I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.