Double-Wide I.P.A. - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Double-Wide I.P.A.Double-Wide I.P.A.

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

The classic India Pale Ale is a traveler’s beer, aggressively hopped to withstand the long, hot ocean voyage to the British East Indies. Our Double-Wide I.P.A. also travels well, and is right at home in the most exotic ports of call of the Midwest. While this modern-day prairie schooner may not resemble a graceful sailing sloop, our liberal hopping regimen does make her virtually “twister-proof,” with toffee and caramel notes balancing out the lingering bitterness. Enjoy this beer fresh to best appreciate the complex blending of hop aromas, ranging from minty to citrusy, with subtle hints of pine.

(Beer added by: SafeAtFirst on 11-17-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Double-Wide I.P.A. Alström Bros

RPH2327, Aug 17, 2014
4.04/5  rDev +1.8%

golf4collet, Aug 17, 2014
3.98/5  rDev +0.3%

a - Looks great in the glass. Three finger head that lasts throughout the beer. Beer is a cloudy golden orange color that had some sediment on the pour.

s. Pine with malt overtones.

t. I get the malt more than I would have expected. Alcohol is present, more than I would have expected on an 8.5. Has lots of imperial qualities. Pine is present, some citrus.

m. A bit dry for my taste, but still well above average.

O. A hair shy of outstanding - would welcome another anytime.

gonzo000, Aug 17, 2014

AMCimpi, Aug 16, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -5.5%

Double Wide pours a bronze color with a big, huge, fluffy lacing head. Nice big floral aroma, with warm hints of alcohol. The taste is more balanced, but strong, strong malt backbone, with a nice noticeable floral flavor, nice hints of alcohol. Good body and good feel. Overall its a good beer, very balanced yet strong.

vette2006c5r, Aug 16, 2014

Hootie159, Aug 10, 2014
3.89/5  rDev -2%

Type: 12-oz. bottle
Glass: Paper hotel cup
From: Total Wine in Ballantyne (Charlotte), N.C.
Price: $2.99
Purchased: July 30, 2014
Consumed: Aug. 1, 2014
Misc.: N/A

Poured a caramel, amber color with 3-to-4 fingers of khaki white head. Good foamy lacing on the sides of the cup. Good retention on the top all the way down.

Smelled caramel malts, soapy pine, peach, dried apricot, citrus hops and floral hops.

Tasted similar to the nose. Got caramel malts, wet Cascade hops, peach, apricot, soapy pine and floral hops.

Light-to-medium body. Oily texture. Average carbonation. Long finish.

A pretty good double IPA. I’d have it again for sure.

BucannonXC5, Aug 10, 2014

costanzo_mike, Aug 09, 2014

Cheld, Aug 09, 2014

benjamincarter, Aug 08, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -11.8%

Jack_Frost79, Aug 08, 2014

bobv, Aug 06, 2014
4.53/5  rDev +14.1%

I'm not an expert, but it's the best IPA I've had yet.
It has a nice amber appearance, but it does have a lot of sediments. Maintains a very good head on it, so it continues to look very good.

The smell is amazing. Very floral, fruity, and bright. Just smelling it really heightened my level of excitement, and enhanced the overall experience.

Taste is smooth, and caramel at first sip. Then the floral and fruity notes take over. The finish is smooth and the caramel notes balance out the bitterness really well. The beer leaves a great taste in your mouth. My wife and I even complimented on the great taste of out burps. It may be inappropriate for a review, but this beer is just as good coming out, as it is going in.

The Mouth feel is smooth, rich, but clean. Not too Gassy. Just perfect for my taste.

Overall, I love this beer. This is one I can drink over and over again. I'm new to tasting and reviewing craft beers, but I'm not new to drinking them. So Far, this is my favorite IPA.

1bigsarge37, Aug 06, 2014
Double-Wide I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.