1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Long Strange Tripel - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Long Strange TripelLong Strange Tripel

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Tripel |  9.20% ABV

Lately it occurs to us that if, back in 1989, you planned on starting a brewery in the back of your carpentry shop, you'd been wise to seek out someone like Harold “Trip” Hogue. A collector of ancient Volvos, Trip was well qualified for the make-do engineering required to coax recalcitrant equipment out of retirement and into making the first Boulevard beers. Today, he is our longest-tenured employee. We offer this rich, golden Tripel in grateful tribute to dedication, everywhere.

(Beer added by: homebrewhawk on 11-24-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Long Strange Tripel Alström Bros

Wow. I found this in my supermarket, which will remain nameless, for $10 a four pack. This is one of the best beers that I have ever had, AND THEN I find that the Bros. gave it 100pts. Their description is perfect. I wish I hadn't read it before I wrote my review, because now I don't know what else to add. The smell is divine with fruit and malt and everything as it should be. It poured just like a good beer should, with plenty of sticky head backed by a subtle and subdued carbonation factor that was pleasant in the mouth and the nose. All of the tripel flavors are there and in full force. What is wrong with this beer? Nothing. I love the effort, I love the concept, I love the homage, and I wish I has been born Trip Houge and been able to live up to this gift. I hope that my life can one day be summed up in an offering such as this. Reach out your hand if your cup be empty. Hopefully, some king head will fill it with this.

Long Strange Tripel from Boulevard Brewing Co.