Long Strange Tripel - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Long Strange TripelLong Strange Tripel

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Tripel |  9.20% ABV

Beer added by: homebrewhawk on 11-24-2007

Lately it occurs to us that if, back in 1989, you planned on starting a brewery in the back of your carpentry shop, you'd been wise to seek out someone like Harold “Trip” Hogue. A collector of ancient Volvos, Trip was well qualified for the make-do engineering required to coax recalcitrant equipment out of retirement and into making the first Boulevard beers. Today, he is our longest-tenured employee. We offer this rich, golden Tripel in grateful tribute to dedication, everywhere.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Long Strange Tripel Alström Bros

What a cheese ball name...and I love the Grateful Dead so I had to try this latest punnery...OH MY GOD...what have I in my paws but the most delicious Tripel I have ever tasted. The alcohol so well hidden and such a complex flavor, a unique color. This this trip was better than the one at the Alpine Valley shows where myself and these three girls ended up in my tent and ...went to sleep. Great shows though, and great beer!

Appearance: Hazy golden orange, cloudy, with a two finger white frothy head that leaves beautiful lacing on the glass.

Smell: Orange, citrus, clove, bread/yeasty, banana.

Taste: bread, banana, belgian yeast, slight spicing with cloves, and light well-harmonized fruity notes. Finishes dry and crisp and most amazingly of all, it does not have a heavy alcohol taste even though it is 9.20% ABV. It tastes rich yet it is also supremely light, crisp, and refreshing.

Mouthfeel: Dry, carbonated, crisp, light.

Overall: Full disclosure, this is one of my all time favorite beers in the world. I tried it for the first time two years ago when I was visiting a friend in Utah and it has haunted me since. I've had the pleasure of its company only twice since we first met. If anyone knows where to find it in NYC, please let me know. If you see it at a store, take it home with you. You won't regret it.

Long Strange Tripel from Boulevard Brewing Co.